Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 minute ago, orangebird said:

To use a baseball analogy, aggy reminds me of the New York Mets or San Diego Padres of late.  They spent a shit ton of money on big names with subpar results.  They thought they could just outspend everyone else and buy a championship.  But smart people will tell you it doesn't really work that way.  Yes, you have to spend some money to bring in quality people, but there is also a process involved in building champions.  You can't just bring in a collection of prima donnas and expect it to just magically work out.  There has to be quality leadership, a scheme that yields results, and players that buy in to the process.

That's the one thing that has impressed me so far with Sark's tenure.  He seems to have a quality process in place to get Texas to where we all know it can be.  Only time will tell if it pans out, but the trajectory is great so far.

aggy has not come to this realization yet, much to our grand amusement.  Not sure if they ever will.

Yep.  Aggy has a bad owner

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

23 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I mean honestly I would believe it. It's impossible to turn UK into a championship program and at some point in life, making $8mm vs $9mm is probably nothing for these guys

Fuck all that noise. Its impossible to win a championship at aggy either. Hell Stoops had two 10 win seasons at UK in the time that Jimbo was fleecing A&M.  I would demand $5 million more than I was making at my current gig just to stomach the nonstop fucktardedness that defines that shit hole. Call it a milkman tax

Texas A&M Football: What Does Gig Em Mean, Explained | vlr.eng.br

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Fuck all that noise. Its impossible to win a championship at aggy either. Hell Stoops had two 10 win seasons at UK in the time that Jimbo was fleecing A&M.  I would demand $5 million more than I was making at my current gig just to stomach the nonstop fucktardedness that defines that shit hole. Call it a milkman tax

Little kid in the front is like fuck this goofy shit.  Ends up in Lubbock or Austin I’d bet. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

STFU bitch, he has won 10 games twice at Kentucky in his time there. I get your point, SEC is overrated in many ways but don't let that get in the way of clear thinking. He is far and away a more proven coach than what they deserve. We fucking hired Tom Herman from Houston who won a bunch of games in that big bad conference they were in. What conference was that BTW?

Are you really comparing the Kentucky job to the Georgia job? I'm speachless on that.

Stoops is 35-55 in conference play since becoming head coach at UK.  He's not the guy who was going to raise aggy out of mediocrity, though I'm not sure that person even exists.  He absolutely would have been a terrific hire . . . from our standpoint.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

What would drive a kid to want to be a part of this in 2023?  Or ever, but especially in these modern times?

26 minutes ago, Tx74 said:

Looch actually said something like I don't want to step into a clown show.

Dude you just did a giant cannonball into a clown show!!

What? He's the goddamn conductor of the whole 3-ring clown circus!

4 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Yep.  Aggy has a bad owner

The problem with aggy leadership is that they are ultimately managed by A&M grads.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Billy confirms that regents scuttled the coaching hire because of the TexAgs reaction.

Everyone make sure to have a troll account registered so we can be sure to build a fake grassroots constituency for a shit hire next time.

Texags is collection of modern day nazi members. Go read some threads on their politics board 

• Hook 'Em 10
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Counter point...He is a Stoops, so maybe he would just take the job if given puppies to kill.

1 minute ago, Jasper_Jester said:

Administrators at A&M care what Texags.com has to say (?). There are so many hilarious layers to this onion.

In Loochie-speak he was being highly exclusive of what/who txaggs is...in this case it was the 3 or 4 large donors who took his call. 

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Their fans have to practice at bending over with their mouths open.

36 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

He's starting to look more and more like a gas station grackle.

he's at this best when waxing philosophical about shit he's never done---like operate and lead a college football program.

chin pubes is  the well-travelled internet sage, imparting knowledge on farmer plebes.

56 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The thing that is truly baffling to me is that they are tying themselves to a recruiting class that has delivered a 12-12 record since being on campus. The roster is full of holes, has no depth, is undisciplined, and entitled. Yet, they want to keep this roster in place so badly that they are going to literally mortgage the next 3 years of their program to keep them in place, INCLUDING forcing a hire upon a coach and/or hiring from within from a .500 staff. Just wow.

Because recruiting classes and their rankings are mostly about perception, and that is all they have left from the jimbo era that resembles some kind of success. Without the greatest class ever signed in college football staying and not transferring out, everything dollar spent was for nothing. Aggie actually believes by keeping the class together with the same defensive staff, they will somehow come out of this “okay”.  It literally took Sark, with a better overall staff than a Aggie, a season and two full off-seasons to get the Herman era players playing up to their potential. Jimbo wasn’t the problem defensively and whoever replaces him will need a miracle to fix his Oline travesty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Little kid in the front is like fuck this goofy shit.  Ends up in Lubbock or Austin I’d bet. 

wearing the face of a young girl realizing that no matter how much she might like to be a Yell Leader, it will never be allowed. They talk a lot about their values in vague lofty ways, not particularly unique to institutions or academia but there is no there, there. The comment @orangebird made about Sark was astute. He may or may not turn out to be a great and wonderful coach but he has already put in place some elements that over time can affect long term change. He also seems somewhat adept at listening, assessing, and then listening some more. At A&M, there seems to be a fundamental issue of hearing w/o truly comprehending--the sifting and winnowing (stolen from the UW-Madison motto) necessary in order to find truth or enlightenment. I'd say that judging by that Milkman's plugging of his ear, that they don't really wish to change. They say that want change but they seem to fear it. Hence, the little girl may be having an inkling of what is in store for her in College Station.

Aggie yell leader has much to yell about

• Hook 'Em 1

Bjork must  either have known he was being shit-canned, and therefore laid a turd in the punch bowl /jizzjar as a parting gift  …or someone in admin or BMD he trusted played him to give the go ahead to the Stoops hire knowing it would lead to his ouster. 

I can’t wait for his tell all coloring book.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

bard and chatgpt can't summarize because there's no caption file (yet?)

Bard summary of that looch podcast

The last line is so TexAgs: 

they are confident that the new coach will lead them to a national championship.

Summary:

The hosts of the Loochador Podcast discuss the recent coaching search at Texas A&M University. They talk about the firing of Jimbo Fisher and the potential candidates to replace him. They also discuss the fan reaction to the news and the overall state of the Aggie football program.

Key points from the discussion:

• The hosts are surprised by the timing of Jimbo Fisher's firing, as it came just days after the Aggies lost a close game to LSU.
  • They believe that the Aggies need to hire a coach who can bring excitement and energy back to the program.
  • They mention several potential candidates for the job, including Mark Stoops, Lane Kiffin, and Jeff Grimes.
  • They acknowledge that the fan base is divided on the coaching search,but they believe that the Aggies will ultimately hire the right person for the job.

Overall, the hosts are optimistic about the future of the Aggie football program. They believe that the Aggies have the talent and resources to be successful, and they are confident that the new coach will lead them to a national championship.

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

• Moral victory talk about almost beating LSU

• He knew what the Stoops reaction would be. Wonders if Whittingham would have been received better. 

•Stoops was gonna take less money to be there. (LOL)

•References Bama needing a starting WR and they'll double what he's getting here. (Stewart?)

•Elko and Fisch not out of. Mentions they like Sumerall but won't be him. 

• The board was leaning to saying yes to a Stoops hire until they floated the name. 

•Tries to justify the hire and how it would have been a top 5 hire they could have made. 

• The parameters of the search don't include a high salaried coach unless it's a top name.

•Mentions Day never had any interest at all despite the media talk. 

•They got stiff armed by DeBoer 

•Still won't go after Lane and mentions how much of a circus he is. 

•If he was a betting man it'd be Elko or Robinson. 

•says he's waiting for a trash talker from twitter to show up. 

•Says Texas and the aggies hire from the same waters. 

•the hire will happen in a day to 48 hours

•Reminiscing about how amazing the Bama win was with no real connection to the search. This lasted for 10 minutes. 

the lonely island cocaine GIF

• Haha 1