• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 minutes ago, 1bigtx said:

I don't mind the band so much but why does every cheerleader have to be personally introduced before the game starts?  Furthermore more than half of each squad is an All-American. How is that even possible?

way back when, during my hs days, my hs had a ‘famous’ drill team. Hell, mtv offered them a reality show, but the school board shot it down. Back to the ‘famous’ part, they’d fly all over the us to compete and won every time. Their director made sure to find competitions where they were the only team in their class. Instant ‘world champs’ !

Edited by tx 3 putt

A timeline of hilarity
7/30/2021 - SEC grants membership to Texas & Oklahoma
8/19/2021 - A&M is ranked #6 in preseason AP poll
9/1/2021 - Texas A&M grants Jimbo Fisher a 10-year, fully guaranteed contract extension worth $94.95 million
9/11/2021 - A&M barely escapes Boulder with a 3 point win over a 4-8 Colorado team Haynes King fractures lower leg
9/25/2021 - A&M loses only game to Arkansas since joining SEC in 2012
10/2/2021 - Mike Leach does his favorite thing and wins at Kyle Field (again)
10/9/2021 - Calzada takes down #1 Alabama at Kyle Field
10/16/2021 - A&M wins the last road game in program history at Faurot Field in Columbia, MO
11/13/2021 - Joey Freshwater starts his undefeated streak against A&M
12/16/2021 - A&M signs bulk of "best class evar" (Nolan, Stewart, Brownlow-Dindy, Weigman, etc)
12/22/2021 - A&M forfeits the Gator Bowl blaming COVID-19 and injuries a mere 9 days before the bowl game was to be played
1/11/2022 - A&M finishes unranked in final AP poll
5/19/2022 - Saban lights a match and accuses A&M of "buying every player" then Jimbo grabs the gas can in response
7/19/2022 - A&M picked to finish #2 in SEC West behind Alabama at SEC media days as Jimbo & Saban try to downplay feud
8/15/2022 - A&M is ranked #6 in preseason AP poll
9/10/2022 - App State takes down A&M at Kyle Field
10/1/2022 - A&M begins 6 game losing streak at Davis Wade Stadium in final matchup with Mike Leach
10/8/2022 - A&M loses grudge match with Alabama in Tuscaloosa
10/9/2022 - A&M drops from AP poll and will remain unranked
11/12/2022 - A&M visits Auburn & drops 6th consecutive game
11/26/2022 - A&M shocks the world and somehow beats SEC West champ LSU by 15 points at Kyle Field
12/5/2022 - Transfer portal opens final stats are A&M loses 32 players while signing just 15
9/9/2023 - A&M gives up 48 points and 5 TD to a Miami QB who wouldn't finish the season as starter despite not getting injured and would ultimately transfer out
10/7/2023 - Jimbo loses to Saban for the final time going winless in his last two tries after their big kerfuffle
11/4/2023 - Jimbo finishes 0-3 vs Freshwater who mercilessly taunts his squad for being asleep during the game
11/11/2023 - A&M gives up opening KR for TD then blows the doors of Mississippi State finishing on a 51-3 run in Jimbo's final game as head coach
11/12/2023 - A&M fires Jimbo Fisher with 2 games remaining owing a record $77 million dollar buyout that is over 3x Mahlzan's previous record buyout
11/26/2023 - A&M "hires" Mark Stoops then decides to pull the plug after visceral fan and booster reactions
11/27/2023 - A&M hires Mike Elko from Duke to be their 30th head football coach in a mad dash scramble to save face
12/3/2023 - Texas & Alabama are selected by the CFP committee
12/4/2023 - The 2024 transfer portal opens and currently 16 players are leaving with no additions
12/6/2023 - A&M hires Collin Klein to be the offensive coordinator setting up a 2012 Heisman reunion with Johnny Football the official odd couple (blow vs never kissed a girl)

To be continued....

I read this in Johann Holzel voice. Look forward to moar!!!! +1+1+1

Rock me Amadeus!

Green beans, yes please.

Boots, Lucchese.

Chicken fried steak, yes.

Cheese puns, all day.

Bourbon, Blantons.

Fisting, Pegging, see Futureman, NowThis…

Your kink, perversion, fixation, kids thing, I’m here for it, in ANOTHER THREAD!

But for the sake of all things, LETS GET BACK TO 8-4!, aTm aggy….

MOTHER FUCKING FUCK YOU FUCKERS
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MisterP said:

Nobody, and I mean Nobody, is at a fucking football game for the band. I dont give a shit if its 3 minutes. I would rather shit in a public toilet than waste two seconds watching that shit. It's like title 9, shoving band nerds and their feelings into the football because "we need everyone to feel nice".

Especially if you are an Aggie who won't TOLERATE TAUNTING TURDITIONS!!  But you have to admit that going to a Rice football game pales in comparison to seeing the Marching Owl Band (MOB), a band that doesn't even march but NEVER fails to bring the LOL. My brother in law played in the MOB while getting his undergrad degree in bio-chemistry and joined the alumni band when the Owls got their first bowl bid in 55 years in 2006. He said that other than his retirement as CEO of St. Luke's hospital that this was one of his life's best highlights. 

Edited by pch
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Why hasn't Elko taken over head coaching duties?  I get the old assistants finishing out their contracts, but letting Robinson stick around and poach the roster seems stupid when Elko is sitting around getting fatter.

Fucking up hires and transitions is an aggy tradition.

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Why hasn't Elko taken over head coaching duties?  I get the old assistants finishing out their contracts, but letting Robinson stick around and poach the roster seems stupid when Elko is sitting around getting fatter.

Ever been to Syracuse?

That's a tough sell for aggy's southern boys who're SEC SEC SEC caliber.

On 12/9/2023 at 9:36 AM, Hawndoh said:

Because bands and drill teams have their own UIL competitions to worry about. They don't win those competitions marching in straight lines.

Wether you olds like it or not, Friday night is no longer only about the football team.

It's for the larger school community, which includes band and drill team.

how is this new?  this is not new

it was like this in the early 80s

band state started in 80

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Texas_UIL_State_Marching_Band_Competition_Winners

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Plus they don’t know the players, playbook, terminology or strengths and weaknesses. Basically, they don’t know shit. 

None of that matters based on the history of ATM athletics-it's the TURDITIONS like sawing varsity's horns off while homo erotically embracing your male ice cream man cheerleaders and squeezing your bb size testicles for old army. Besides, when this is your greatest strength, it has been the only strength they can look back on with their misplaced pride.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Looch pivots 180 degrees and the ministry fights a holding action through the weekend erasing texags history at a level never seen before or since

Really wish there was an archive of texurgs from that weekend, it was incredible.  

57 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i would add in front of your list:

+++

wednesday 7/21/2021 - bjork finds out about our SEC move, calls Sharpe who calls Zwerneman who summons Bjork for a spontaneous presser outside of the scheduled coaches' media time; Bjork sounds like a homeless wounded dog when he grovels: "We want to be the only SEC team from the state of Texas.  There’s a reason why Texas A&M left the Big 12 — to be stand alone, to have our own identity, and that’s our feeling.”

7/21-7/24 2021 - for the next 45 hours, aggy goes berserk online in a cornholio rage unmeasurable with current technology

saturday 7/24/2021 - at approximately 1045am Sankey calls Sharpe and tells him to sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, bend over, and forget the lube, OR ELSE

saturday 7/24/2021 - within 15 minutes, Looch pivots 180 degrees and the ministry fights a holding action through the weekend erasing texags history at a level never seen before or since

sunday 7/25/2021 - Sharpe consults his cabinet of boosters and talkiebirds; aggy pivot almost complete, call to zwerneman delivers new talking points

monday 7/26/2021 - zwerneman article: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/SEC-expansion-breathes-new-life-into-UT-A-M-16341517.php

+++

also what should be in the timeline is when aggy decided they were getting the first game at home and how their actions prevented the playoff expansion which kept out fsu and how refusing to play us led to us winning in tuscaloosa which put us in the playoff

Add this to 7/21

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSszYzB1SvRe8S3taSedPCrWDeVopZ4Nj-Pqjxpo8lfEuzb7mBY_i2CxV-GWYf9b9bdks&usqp=CAUimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl-q1fV9m_FTzVnIxl6tn2_QesLTh2XCQ0dCK2duitsTWeQ6VE3LfsKb30cKLoQVhknio&usqp=CAUimage.jpeg.a938fe60472fe377a3d60fb6d9ac4193.jpegimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv7TZF68gJvTYqZdPQNIbzZ8CT2K53-P8jfeNZsczJGvW7rJj4uBXMt-01kXZ6gT-KMwY&usqp=CAUIMG_0132.JPG.435ace3c5e85dde2a58027aa54c8f742.JPG

image.jpeg.e267ae89bd0f7534aac68264b236dda3.jpegIMG_0131.JPG.429cb3481ecbdc63a20154a7c7beb37b.JPGIMG_0155.JPG.70b978a7a07f02bc612555b5b3840bf6.JPG

Edited by 66BUFF
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/9/2023 at 9:36 AM, Hawndoh said:

Wether you olds like it or not, Friday night is no longer only about the football team.

It's for the larger school community, which includes band and drill team.

My kids graduating class was 1000+ kids. Surprising, but not really, how many extra-curricular activities HS's have.  There is something for everybody.

I was a photographer for my sons HS team. Only FB parents had field access, pissed off a bunch of parents. I took lotsa pictures of everything, posted them for free, pissed off a bunch for-profit photographers, made me very popular with the parents, and coaches, and cheer leaders.  Nothing nefarious, the access area on the sidelines was limited (wink).

It's amazing how many kids get on the field through out a "football game."  Players, trainers, equipment handlers, cheer leaders, dance team, band, choir, flag bearers, weekly honorees, etc.  

23 hours ago, Grimas said:

It’s frigging torture seeing/hearing the SAME THREE SONGS/performances EVERY FRIGGING WEEK! (And don’t get me started on the cheerleaders who don’t actually do any cheers related to the actual football game…)

Who woulda thunk that "Crazy Train" would be the 2nd most popular song in America, after the Star Bangled Banner? It is (used to be?) played by every HS at every game. Listening to Crazy Train w/o Randy Rhodes' guitar intro is criminal!!! (I did get to hear it every day when my son got home.)

22 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

It may not be your thing but it's important to the kids in the band and they are students at the school, enjoying their high school years.

These kids are committed to their craft as much as any HS kid is committed to anything. Good kids from good families...

I was a Boy Scout Assistant Scoutmaster, and 4 out of 7 of my patrol are Eagle Scouts. A very small group of kids, but the cream of the crop.  All things being equal, that will always be the differentiator.

22 hours ago, Blotto said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3430537

image.png.e6c197523a3fe3494e79e9f4b19248e9.png

The usual amount of Texags butthurt and inaccuracies, but also a surprising number of realists. 

*except the people of Qatar

The thread was a good read w/ a few good links. "If Texas is #1, we have to be #2, right?" Like the waves of the ocean, it never ends.

It's not close. Texas has way more ultra high net alumni.

https://universitybusiness.com/the-20-colleges-and-universities-with-the-most-ultra-wealthy-alumni/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_by_number_of_billionaire_alumni#:~:text=Counting all degrees%2C Harvard University,total number of billionaire alumni.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/07/31/wealth-x-the-20-american-universities-that-produce-the-richest-grads.html

21 hours ago, MisterP said:

I have never been to a HS football post high school in my life. 

Your loss.

I took my pre-teen boys to see the ' 99 HS Playoffs in the Astrodome, Katy v. Houston Madison. Katy beat 'em up, but got to see a lanky Soph with a lot of promise.  Went back in '00, same teams, same result. In '01, same teams; I'd asked my brother to drive over from Austin to see this one kid play. Taking my brother and kids to see Vince Young play in High School are some of my fondest memories of my kids growing up.  Saw some other phenomenal players in HS; Fozzy Whitaker, Trevor Gerland, Roderick Wright, Russell Shepard, Sam McGuffie.

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Some of y'all don't know shit about bands a bunch of things. What a bunch of blowhards.

FIFY.

17 hours ago, TexArcher said:

The next poster who mentions any type of band has an underdeveloped wiener.

The first Band I saw was Led Zeppelin in 1969, ~ a month after Woodstock. My first out of town band was Santana at Hemisfair Arena in '70, as a 13 year old, including my "First Feast", total immersion into hanging out with Hippies and everything that went with it.  I have a ton of band stories.  

But you have to admit that going to a Rice football game pales in comparison to seeing the Marching Owl Band (MOB), a band that doesn't even march but NEVER fails to bring the LOL. 

The MOB satire of the UT Tower and the suicides in the 70's was ... memorable.

They made an outline of the tower, and had a few kids run down the sides of it 

Nothing was woke in the 70's ...

2 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Ever been to Syracuse?

That's a tough sell for aggy's southern boys who're SEC SEC SEC caliber.

Aggy has a bunch of northeastern kids who will probably end up back east.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2023 at 10:52 PM, TreatyOak said:

You mean the Duke University that is currently ranked the 7th best university in the US? Is that your definition of embarrassment? 

Yes, it's a disgusting, phony institution from medical center to humanities to athletics. Take one look at their ersatz-ass campus where they felt they needed to sand down their marble staircases to pass for a serious university

• Haha 1