Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Interesting little back and forth here now.    The fact only 14 replies shows how much water Johnny Football is carrying now.

Bloochie has to be laying in bed crying this morning after his idol has publicly called him out and given him a Trump-esque demeaning nickname.

• Haha 3

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

20 hours ago, NoName said:

they can scream from the rooftops how much money they have, but this is the definition of a broke boy CFB coaching staff

image.thumb.png.2fbb3de8215486cb573a822aceb66837.png

how is it possible they still have not finished up the offensive side of the ball.

• OC/QB: Klein
  • *RCG/OL: Cushing
  • *RB: Trooper Taylor
  • WR: ???
  • TE: ???

Looch said BCG was coming back, but guess he's toast with Aristide being announced as the DB coach.

• DL: Shawn Spencer Football GIF by PeacockTV
  • LB: the Wakeyleaks cheater guy who failed everywhere not named Army
  • *DB: Ishmael Aristide
  • *ST: Patrick Dogherty, who also coached TE at Duke but isn't at A&M

so they bring over OL, RB, DB and ST from Duke, they bring in another guy whose inside the Elko trust tree at LB and DL.

they bring in an OC who isn't hiring his guy at OL or RB coach? yeah. that typically works out well.

how is it post all bowl games and they STILL do not have all their coaching staff announced? lol

wonder if Klein is bringing over the guy who is their TE coach now with him? been there a few years. the KSU WR coach now has only been there 1 year and came from Kent State. the WR coach they had last year went back to Illinois. the guy they had before that (a name mentioned before, Courtney Messingham was at Illinois last year as an offensive assistant)

really wondering if they keep James Coley on staff as WR or TE coach at this point too. dude is still active on twitter re: A&M

all that money, all that everything and they are spending it on Holman Wiggins?

HOLMON WIGGINS?!

remind me, how many of the dudes did he recruit who went to the NFL (that would be only the transfer)? how many WR from his his first two classes still are at Bama (that would be 0.)

no Alabama fans i've seen on reddit or twitter are upset about it, which is the #1 thing i've seen that correlates to good or bad hires. reddit specifically is just a ton of A&M flairs getting super excited about it lol

edit: numbers to back up the transfer info

image.thumb.png.58a63930e633999f0e15b2cc7400bd87.png

they also promoted Tony Jerod-Eddie on the defensive side evidently meaning the staff is now full? https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2024/1/2/24023328/with-confirmation-of-dl-coach-tony-jerod-eddie-mike-elkos-texas-am-football-staff-appears-complete

image.png.f4db8d38a4998a9ff9a26049dcfc5b28.png

talk about someone learning nothing from their past mistakes.

they hire an OC for a dumptruck full of money, BUT he doesn't hire his own OL, RB or TE coach - all come with the defensive minded head coach from his last stop. then you moneywhip a WR coach who is the definition of an ok hire in 2024.

what do they think is going to be different there with OC? this seems like a situation where Klein is there for 2 years, then leaves to go somewhere where he can hire his own staff...or they are going to do something dumb like fire him next year because of how bad the OL is.

that's certainly one of the coaching staff's of all time there. how many of those guys are seen as + recruiters in 2024? Spencer and Wiggins? 8/10 hires are from the very small Elko circle. OC doesn't hire his own coaches. your defensive coach brings over 3 offensive coaches and 1 defensive coach from his prior stop? Jay Bateman is going to call plays after being baaaaaaaaaad last time he play called? Collin Klein coaching in the first time outside of KSU? Trooper Taylor in 2024? one of the most well coaches of the last 2 decades in McGriff?

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by NoName
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Hell even Charlie's staff could have easily beat them. 

I'm sorry, but you have entirely too much faith in Shawn Watson, setting aside Coach Potato who likes to take defense to open both halves.  In that hypothetical matchup, I see aggy pulling out a 13-8 win, 14-10 if at Kroger Field.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I'm sorry, but you have entirely too much faith in Shawn Watson, setting aside Coach Potato who likes to take defense to open both halves.  In that hypothetical matchup, I see aggy pulling out a 13-8 win, 14-10 if at Kroger Field.

Elko aggy vs Strong Texas would be like 

f2bb1df16c4f1847c1f45a72d6c7d5b66fe4ea45

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Bloochie has to be laying in bed crying this morning after his idol has publicly called him out and given him a Trump-esque demeaning nickname.

Or, lying there with a confused smile above the chin pubes and smelling the bacon Mom is making downstairs.

After looking at the tweets, the great fighter Liucci scratches his head through the ball cap that he wears backward when sleeping. He gazes upward at the poster thumbtacked to the popcorn ceiling; Billy and Johnny look soulfully back at him.

Sad? Sorta. The realization that he is more revered and trusted than JFF, not sad at all.

Ma! MA! Make me a couple of Ol' Sarge pancakes, please!

Edited by RomaVicta
My commas are out of control.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, NoName said:

they hire an OC for a dumptruck full of money, BUT he doesn't hire his own OL, RB or TE coach

The Duke guys needed jobs and probably came a lot cheaper.  The KSU guys were probably 'thanks but no fucking way' about taking a job at aggy.   Optimus Klein is being hamstrung from the start, strategic move by The Elk for when they keep losing.

27 minutes ago, South Austin said:

giphy.gif

I said this before, but I'm still puzzled about why they or really any of the coaching vacancies never really looked at Steve Spurrier Jr. He's worked with some good head coaches and had some success but is there something about him of which I'm unaware? Off field shenanigans? Attitude? Spurrier coaches at TU as the OC/QB coach but he was the WR coach under his dad at South Carolina and had several players go NFL, among other successes. Some of his movement has been leaving jobs to go work for his father (including NFL) which I guess I can kind of see the good and bad but he's also worked with Bob Stoops, Lincoln Riley, and Mike Leach with Leach bringing him from WSU to Mississippi State until Leach's untimely passing. Spurrier took over the playing calling in their bowl game (which they won) and then left to be OC at the University of Tulsa.

It's one of those things where I'm curious if he's the real deal or it's a nepo thing or if he's being hamstrung by the nepo thing or something else completely.

Sorry for the derail. I just don't see his name crop up but I also don't follow some of the vacancies as closely as I could and I like to see who the JV coaches are and who has potential to replace some of the older guys.

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I said this before, but I'm still puzzled about why they or really any of the coaching vacancies never really looked at Steve Spurrier Jr. He's worked with some good head coaches and had some success but is there something about him of which I'm unaware? Off field shenanigans? Attitude? Spurrier coaches at TU as the OC/QB coach but he was the WR coach under his dad at South Carolina and had several players go NFL, among other successes. Some of his movement has been leaving jobs to go work for his father (including NFL) which I guess I can kind of see the good and bad but he's also worked with Bob Stoops, Lincoln Riley, and Mike Leach with Leach bringing him from WSU to Mississippi State until Leach's untimely passing. Spurrier took over the playing calling in their bowl game (which they won) and then left to be OC at the University of Tulsa.

It's one of those things where I'm curious if he's the real deal or it's a nepo thing or if he's being hamstrung by the nepo thing or something else completely.

Sorry for the derail. I just don't see his name crop up but I also don't follow some of the vacancies as closely as I could and I like to see who the JV coaches are and who has potential to replace some of the older guys.

Tulsa's offense was not good this year (#109 in the country in F+ which is FEI and SP+)

He's in a weird position where he hasn't ever been "the guy" anywhere until this year, despite being 52 and having coached for literally 30 years. looks like at some point he flipped to the more air raid style of things with Leach, but at Tulsa stepped away from air raid to straight spread

“Our head coach is going to run the ball a little bit more than Mike Leach, and I like to as well,” Spurrier said. “This will not be an air raid offense. This will be a spread offense. It will have a tight end involved in the game and a fullback involved in the game. We could have two tight ends on the field at the same time.

looks like they had a wild QB year, in that article he mentions a guy who started the last like 5 games of the year (Braylon Braxton) then that guy only ever really played vs SMU when they got blown out. had 3 different QBs who attempted 50+ passes and another guy who attempted 30. in the end they settled on a guy (Kirk Francis) who was a true freshman.

image.png.7b260bc5d25f36f75cb79b2672de1a12.png

he's going to have to establish himself somewhere as a guy. but he isn't some high powered recruiter and keeps flipping between offenses in part because of where all he has worked

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

He's kissing up to the inevitable after the rest of the conference has finally disowned them - atm is circling the drain and Texas just made the CFP.  And they have to play Sark next season

25 minutes ago, NoName said:

Tulsa's offense was not good this year (#109 in the country in F+ which is FEI and SP+)

He's in a weird position where he hasn't ever been "the guy" anywhere until this year, despite being 52 and having coached for literally 30 years. looks like at some point he flipped to the more air raid style of things with Leach, but at Tulsa stepped away from air raid to straight spread

looks like they had a wild QB year, in that article he mentions a guy who started the last like 5 games of the year (Braylon Braxton) then that guy only ever really played vs SMU when they got blown out. had 3 different QBs who attempted 50+ passes and another guy who attempted 30. in the end they settled on a guy (Kirk Francis) who was a true freshman.

he's going to have to establish himself somewhere as a guy. but he isn't some high powered recruiter and keeps flipping between offenses in part because of where all he has worked

Thanks and rep for giving me the info.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

He's kissing up to the inevitable after the rest of the conference has finally disowned them - atm is circling the drain and Texas just made the CFP.  And they have to play Sark next season

I agree.  He's trying to reform his image with the Austin writers as more than just a hack, so he won't be shut out of all the UT info circles.  Bohls will be the first one to welcome him back with open arms.  

Interesting little back and forth here now.    The fact only 14 replies shows how much water Johnny Football is carrying now.

Seems like a spat between jilted lovers. NTTAWWT. (Other than both being aggy)

"Creampuff schedule".  Jeff Sagarin (for whatever his rankings are worth) has our schedule at #3 in the country, and A&M at #42.

He’s got a point though. They got to lose to way more sec teams than we did. A quality sec loss trumps a bdf win no doubt.

2 hours ago, ousux said:
13 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Seems like a spat between jilted lovers. NTTAWWT. (Other than both being aggy)

3215901_zps23f80448.thumb.webp.f9d64621af453b67099c8f829295d4af.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

That is one rich SOB walking down that ugly ass carpet. 

I don't know what his plans are in the coming year and don't care but if I had that kind of folding money I'd be sitting in Ellen's Pub in Ballyconnell with a fat smile on my face and a pint in my belly with no plans to return stateside for quite some time.

39 minutes ago, Goredho said:

PAC-12!  PAC-12!  PAC-12!

IMG_4245.jpeg

This thread is fucking my Facebook algorithm more than clicking on tree fiddy anti-vax links.

Is that for real?

How about: CFP appearances- Sark:1, every Ag coach in history: 0

I mean, our season was better than every single post-1939 Ag season. The 50 star US flag has never flown over an Ag team having a better year than the 2023 Longhorns. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

IMG_4245.jpeg

This thread is fucking my Facebook algorithm more than clicking on tree fiddy anti-vax links.

How much more did aggy pay for that stat line?

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

IMG_4245.jpeg

Good Lord, I'm three sheets to the wind due to making cocktails for spouse's rough work day and I'm not so delusional to see what the fuck all that graphic has to do with anything relevant. Do these people actually watch the games?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, statsman said:

Try this:

Last MNC- Texas: 2005, TAMU: 1939, OU: 2000

Last top 5- Texas: 2023, TAMU: 2020, OU: 2019

Last Conference title- Texas: 2023, TAMU: 1998, OU: 2020

Last CFP- Texas: 2023, TAMU: Zed, OU: 2019

Last time played for NC- Texas: 2009, TAMU: 1939, OU: 2008

IMG_4247.jpeg.69c0183698a80a9d06ae85b5faabe4f9.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Ask him how many wins were vs northwest Prarie view A&M state college of those first 3 years

I've learned in my old age not to argue with morons. Most aren't knowledgeable enough to know the difference.

Fuck 'em

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Goredho said:

IMG_4245.jpeg

Anyone mention that the 3rd year in question is the Covid season?  One OOC game and that's the bowl game.  The following season they were the laughing stock after opting out of a bowl game to pad their record.  You're comparing the 2021 season of UT, the first year post Covid, to 2018 aggy!?

image.png.3a3da7d668f32d7dbc88a7d028edd98b.png

EDIT: 2018 aggy brought us such huge opponents as Northwestern State, Louisiana-Monroe, and UAB.  2019 brought Texas State, Lamar, and UTSA.

Edited by PvilleStang

On 1/2/2024 at 1:34 PM, DFW Horn said:

But, Boss Aggy was complimentary last night

I bet he doesn't post shit if we actually won the game there at the end. This way he can be gracious and still revel in the fact that mean ol' "tu" lost.

On 1/3/2024 at 9:13 AM, RomaVicta said:

Or, lying there with a confused smile above the chin pubes and smelling the bacon Mom is making downstairs.

After looking at the tweets, the great fighter Liucci scratches his head through the ball cap that he wears backward when sleeping. He gazes upward at the poster thumbtacked to the popcorn ceiling; Billy and Johnny look soulfully back at him.

Sad? Sorta. The realization that he is more revered and trusted than JFF, not sad at all.

Ma! MA! Make me a couple of Ol' Sarge pancakes, please!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

image.gif.a647caefc7bf293f896418c0cb5daf9d.gif

You know, I've been looking for a job for over 2 years, been out of football for 40, I think I need to apply at aggy for a payday. Just look at all the experience I'd bring to the table.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Haha 2

Good job Aggie. Considering Aggie's prowess with contracts, the generation of contracts, and negotiation of contracts - I am sure everything is fine. 

https://www.thefp.com/p/texas-a-and-m-qatar-deal-iran-u-s-secrets?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Article:

The troubling ties between one of America’s top nuclear engineering universities and the state that harbors Hamas.

ELI_final___1_-removebg-preview.png?v=1703788881

By Eli Lake

January 3, 2024

•  

What does Qatar get for its investment in U.S. universities? The answer may surprise you. In addition to the prestige and the influence of affiliating one’s national philanthropy with elite schools, Qatar is also accumulating the kind of technical research that was once the prize of American universities. 

Consider Texas A&M University, one of the best places in the country to study nuclear engineering. Last month, The Free Press obtained exclusive access to a copy of the latest contract between Texas A&M and the Qatar Foundation that shows all of the intellectual property developed at the university’s campus in Doha belongs to the Qatar Foundation, a national philanthropy owned by the country’s royal family.

“The Qatar Foundation shall own the entire right, title, and interest in all Technology and Intellectual Property developed at (Texas A&M University Qatar) or under the auspices of its Research Program, other than those developed by non-TAMUQ employees and without financial support from the Qatar Foundation or any of its affiliates,” says the contract, dated May 25, 2021. 

This kind of arrangement is common for large research universities in America. But TAMUQ is not your ordinary university. It is entirely funded by the Qatar Foundation. Kelly Brown, a spokeswoman for Texas A&M, told me that Qatar “pays for all faculty and staff salaries” as well as the physical campus, labs and equipment, housing, transportation, and travel allowances for professors. 

It’s no small matter. The intellectual property generated by Texas A&M University in Qatar, or TAMUQ, includes highly sensitive research in a variety of fields ranging from computer science to bioengineering. Last year, TAMUQ inked an agreement to develop projects with a subsidiary of Barzan Holdings, Qatar’s largest arms manufacturer.

Andre Conradie, the CEO of the joint venture between Barzan and Germany’s Rheinmetall, said at the time, “This partnership will encourage the development of technological and operational capabilities to enhance military protection.”

As one of the country’s premier schools in nuclear engineering, Texas A&M has access to two nuclear reactors in Texas not affiliated with the U.S. government. In December, the National Nuclear Security Administration renewed a contract for the university, along with the University of California and Battelle Memorial Institute, to manage the Los Alamos National Laboratory, which involves oversight of teams who design and maintain nuclear weapons for the U.S. government.

Among the courses offered by Texas A&M in College Station, Texas, are seminars in the design of nuclear reactors; nuclear thermal hydraulics; and nuclear fuel cycles and safeguards

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama

Texas A&M’s Nuclear Engineering and Science Center in College Station, Texas. (Photo via Texas A&M)

And this gets to the dilemma of Texas A&M’s relationship with Qatar, a country best described as a frenemy state. Qatar has provided a safe haven for the senior leadership of Hamas and enjoys close ties to Iran. Qatar and Iran share ownership of the South Pars natural gas field, the largest in the world. Because the Qatar Foundation owns the research of the Texas A&M campus in Doha, this frenemy is reaping a bounty in patents, blueprints, and other intellectual property created in part by professors at one of the crown jewels of American higher education. 

“Because Texas A&M has unsecured systems between Qatar and the university, Iranians could obtain U.S. secrets from this database, and that’s what we are trying to find out,” Marc Greendorfer, a lawyer with the Zachor Legal Institute, a boutique firm that specializes in legal challenges against anti-Israel policies, told me.

The Zachor Legal Institute, along with Judicial Watch, fought since 2018 in the Texas courts to obtain the contract between Texas A&M and the Qatar Foundation. In these legal battles, the foundation fought to keep the contract shrouded from public view, arguing “the information sought by Requestor is tantamount to a trade secret and should not be disclosed,” according to court records. 

Last year, the foundation lost its appeal and Texas attorney general Ken Paxton ruled that Texas A&M had to show its contract to the Zachor Legal Institute. Greendorfer said that there were hundreds of millions of dollars from Qatar to TAMUQ that were not reported to the Education Department as federal statute requires. “That is part of the reason why we have spent more than five years in litigation,” Greendorfer told The Free Press. The Free Press is the first media outlet to see the contract, which was shown to me by the Zachor Legal Institute. As of press time, Brown was not available to comment on Greendorfer’s claim of unreported funding. 

“Unlike traditional university research partnerships, where the university typically retains ownership of the research, in this case it appears the Qatari government maintains significant influence over both the research itself and its ultimate application,” Craig Singleton, a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies and former U.S. intelligence analyst told The Free Press. He added that the Texas A&M agreement allows the Qatar Foundation to “contract with researchers acting as ‘worker bees’ for the Qatari regime, raising serious questions about exactly which party benefits the most from this arrangement.”

According to the faculty pages on the TAMUQ website, 11 of the 67 professors at the university have held teaching positions at Texas A&M, while seven earned their PhDs there. N.K. Anand, the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs at Texas A&M, serves as the vice chair of TAMUQ’s powerful joint advisory board. The Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station has been an official partner of TAMUQ’s Advanced Scientific Computing Center. That center’s website boasts that it “bring together faculty and researchers from a wide variety of engineering and science disciplines to tackle complex computational problems.” 

Jacob Nagel, a retired Israel Defense Forces brigadier general and visiting professor at the Technion, said he was worried that the technology developed at TAMUQ had both military and civilian applications. “Many programs developed by Qatar, even if it’s only civilian, can be used for defense or dual purposes by Iran because today there are no differences between the civilian and military needs in fields like artificial intelligence, deep learning, and machine learning.” 

Indeed, TAMUQ’s own strategic plan explicitly states that one of the primary goals for the campus in Doha is to “perform research that is relevant to and needed by the State of Qatar, its government agencies, industries, and companies.” 

Reed Rubenstein, who served as general counsel for the U.S. Department of Education between 2019 and 2021, said he feared that Iran’s regime could infiltrate TAMUQ to steal technology and know-how that would benefit its nuclear program. 

While serving at the Department of Education, Rubenstein said it launched an investigation “based on public and nonpublic information that raised serious concerns about the relationship between Texas A&M and the Qatar Foundation, which is an arm of the Qatari government, and about the national security implications of that relationship.”

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken meets with Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani in Lusail on October 13, 2023. (Photo by Jacquelyn Martin /AFP via Getty Images)

That research was published in a 2020 report that focused on foreign funding of American universities. The report says that emails the department obtained between a professor and administrator at TAMUQ discussed the prospect of offering nuclear training to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Referencing the Texas A&M contract with the Qatar Foundation, “the administrator communicated that the Qatar Foundation must be consulted before (TAMUQ) could enter into additional, external research agreements within the Arabian Gulf,” the report said.

Texas A&M spokeswoman Brown said in response that she did not know if the training discussed in the email was ever under “serious consideration.” She added, “While it might have been considered by someone, it was never pursued or approved by Texas A&M University–Qatar or the flagship.”

Brown, who is an associate vice president of Texas A&M, also stressed that TAMUQ “does not have any agreements, contracts, or relationships related to nuclear research. Not now, or previously. Further, Texas A&M Qatar faculty never taught nuclear engineering courses, nor did it do any research involving nuclear engineering.”

But on the TAMUQ web page explaining the options for Texas A&M students seeking to study abroad in Doha, one of the courses listed for aspiring students in Doha is “nuclear engineering.” Brown said that this only meant that some courses offered would count toward a nuclear engineering major—such as English or math. “All engineering majors can take some relevant courses in Doha, depending on their progress through the degree plan,” she said. “TAMUQ does not offer any courses in nuclear engineering.”

U.S. export laws prohibit research institutions from sharing nuclear technology, blueprints, and other information with countries that have not entered into agreements to limit their programs to peaceful applications like energy and medicine. There is no evidence that Texas A&M is violating those laws.

As Americans begin to examine the full extent of foreign funding of its best universities, the story of TAMUQ may become a cautionary tale. For years, the full extent of Qatar’s relationship with Texas A&M had been shrouded from public scrutiny. Now that the contract, which established the campus in Doha, has seen the light of day, it shows that Qatar has been a savvy investor. For a small piece of its vast oil wealth, the Gulf state can accumulate intellectual property generated by one of America’s best engineering universities. 

• Rage+1 4
  • Prepare your anus 1

Texas A&M has been letting Qatari citizens (under the guise of research and collaboration) poke around Los Alamos for years.  In exchange for totally non-related donations to the System, obviously.  I thought everybody knew this.  It was how Rick Perry secured the bid over UT.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1