Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Damn... seeing the before picture... here is the after.... is aggy this beaten down from Jimbo era?  There is like 20 students left swaying in the stands

They couldn't have known the turnout would be so bad when loading up on invites for it:

There are truly and seriously, substantially more people on the field than in the stands.

Wow!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I think I caught a little glint off a huge gold chain some little Eddie Munster/Mowgli-looking kid was wearing. Also appeared to have a Gucci iPhone case and a flat-billed cap. Wiggety wiggety whack. Maybe Jimbo’s wolf boy is still there. 

54 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Somebody online is sharing this pic, saying it's from today's spring game:

Screenshot_20240420_203749_Messages.jpg

Carter Karels, with the tweet above, is an aggy propagandist…errr recruiting reporter. He certainly wouldn’t understate their attendance. 

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better I found the aggy spring game on YouTube and it's a disaster.

And I'm here for it.

Note:  the Purdue DE transfer is like a man among boys out there.  He's clearly their best player.  But I'm not sure that's saying much.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

Is that an artist’s rendering of what they wish was the attendance?

looks more like a fucked up AI generated image that comes from a GPT with shitty training data when you ask it to render a football stadium for you, but that's just the actual IRL architecture of pyle field.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better I found the aggy spring game on YouTube and it's a disaster.
And I'm here for it.
Note:  the Purdue DE transfer is like a man among boys out there.  He's clearly their best player.  But I'm not sure that's saying much.
He will be neutralized by Banks, what else they got on D?

1 hour ago, ousux said:
14 hours ago, DixonHur said:
And I'm here for it.

He will be neutralized by Banks, what else they got on D?

Nope that's the point.  It's one good player and a bunch of scrubs.  In fact, a couple of times it didn't even seem like he was trying...which I took as the coaches telling him to allow a couple of the plays to develop.  

The only other player that looked half-way decent was the DB transfer from Florida.  Can you imagine if your second-best player was on the UF defense last year.  Oof.

Never did get to see aggy sprig game yesterday,  how hilarious was it? Is this their year, or next year? Is the sleeping giant still sleeping? Inquiring minds and what not...

Did the milkmen frolic in water?

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Never did get to see aggy sprig game yesterday,  how hilarious was it? Is this their year, or next year? Is the sleeping giant still sleeping? Inquiring minds and what not...

Watch just the first quarter of the clip above. It’s…special 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Is this their year, or next year? Is the sleeping giant still sleeping? Inquiring minds and what not...

Right now this year is their year. In six months, next year will be their year. 

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Interesting quote from the Aggie Bonfire thread. (which is amazing, btw) 

"That report that came out was shocking to me when I realized I had spent so much time at Stack and not realizing just how brazen they had been with safety, I had always assumed they had Engineers looking over the plans and the Stack every day. Instead it was basically a group of Redpots, most of which weren't even studying Engineering, just doing what they thought was best."

8962659186658858486-1953820024-21-04-202

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

The apathy in those pics of the spring game group is palpable.  Perhaps they’ve reach a point in their lives when they realize that happiness being contingent on the exploits of kids playing a game has to take a back seat to family.  I call that “the Case McCoy/ Tyrone Swoops years.”  

If Texas comes into the SEC strong and Elko is as underwhelming as he looks, those poor bastards are in for a world of hurt.  

14 hours ago, Vermin said:

Going against aggy's OL has convinced the Elk that his DEs are better than Myles Garrett.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/texas-aggies-spring-football-game-19413487.php

Check out the comedy @ 4:20 mark in the video above. Left tackle downblocks and takes out (knocks on his ass) RG #60 who I'm assuming is reaching for the second level. Good stuff.

19 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

This is the year! 

A&M's rebuilt culture apparent as rejuvenated stars shine in spring game 

https://texags.com/s/58889/ams-rebuilt-culture-apparent-as-rejuvenated-stars-shine-in-spring-game

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sdm said:

10. Jimbo Fisher: The guy won a national championship at Florida State. He has steadily improved A&M’s program since his arrival. Last year, A&M finished fourth in the nation. He said the Aggies “ain’t done yet.” Believe him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

This is the year! 

A&M's rebuilt culture apparent as rejuvenated stars shine in spring game 

https://texags.com/s/58889/ams-rebuilt-culture-apparent-as-rejuvenated-stars-shine-in-spring-game

god damn GIF

That fucking article is so over-the-top unbelievable that I had to scroll back up to doublecheck the author. Olin Buchanan is a fucking artist. He'd be the greatest troll of all time if he wasn't so completely serious. There is too much content from that article that reads like satire for it to make any sense to paste in pieces. People just need to go over there and read it. It's amazing. Here's the end of the article, which is probably my favorite section:

"Aggies have been warned to only be “cautiously” optimistic about next season.

Enough happened on Saturday — including the addition of center Kolinu’u Faaiu from Utah through the transfer portal — to remove the “cautiously” disclaimer.

That’s no joke."

God. That is so fucking good. This idiot and the other idiots thinking ATM is going to be good this season are in for quite the experience. They're myopic yokels who are willfully ignorant about the level of dogshit they've amassed on their roster.

Also, The Elk claiming to have rebuilt the program's culture in 4 months is outstanding. He helped build the prior shitty culture. He was Jimbo's right hand man for 4 of the 6 seasons in which cancerous rot ultimately became the "cultural foundation" of the program that the same writers and fans were touting until Fisher was unceremoniously thrown out on his ass in November. Good thing "culture" can just be wiped away promptly and then freshly, quickly replaced. That's just how it works. Right.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

200.gif

That fucking article is so over-the-top unbelievable that I had to scroll back up to doublecheck the author. Olin Buchanan is a fucking artist. He'd be the greatest troll of all time if he wasn't so completely serious. There is too much content from that article that reads like satire for it to make any sense to paste in pieces. People just need to go over there and read it. It's amazing. Here's the end of the article, which is probably my favorite section:
"Aggies have been warned to only be “cautiously” optimistic about next season.
Enough happened on Saturday — including the addition of center Kolinu’u Faaiu from Utah through the transfer portal — to remove the “cautiously” disclaimer.
That’s no joke."
God. That is so fucking good. This idiot and the other idiots thinking ATM is going to be good this season are in for quite the experience. They're myopic yokels who are willfully ignorant about the level of dogshit they've amassed on their roster.
Also, The Elk claiming to have rebuilt the program's culture in 4 months is outstanding. He helped build the prior shitty culture. He was Jimbo's right hand man for 4 of the 6 seasons in which cancerous rot ultimately became the "cultural foundation" of the program that the same writers and fans were touting until Fisher was unceremoniously thrown out on his ass in November. Good thing "culture" can just be wiped away promptly and then freshly, quickly replaced. That's just how it works. Right.

Olin Buchanan is a tool of the highest order. And a perfect fit for aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 1