Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

9 hours ago, Sal said:

This is a good rule. Worst ever is Tortilla Factory in Harrisburg. Disgusting. HomeState in LA is ok, but that’s an exception.

It seethes my soul when I see New Yorkers or Californians act like they know good BBQ or Tex-Mex.

There's a place in Manhattan over in Times Square called Dallas BBQ. Went in there 10 years ago, tried it. Never again. Told them to change their name. "I'm from Dallas and this is nowhere near what true Dallas barbecue is. This is an insult!"

• Rage+1 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I wandered the shitty tex-mex desert for many years when I moved to PA. I finally tried a place called LA Tolteca that I had seen before,  but thought it looked too nice and stereotypically decored to be anything other than a "white woman named Martha" owned Yankee tex-mex joint. Imagine my surprise when I walked in and every single employee in that bitch was Mexican and speaking Spanish to each other. Best tex-mex I've had in PA.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Why would you eat a cheeseburger at a place that has even moderate Tex Mex?  Does not compute. 

11 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Tex Mex places usually make a sneaky good burger.

10 hours ago, utee94 said:

+whatever on the burgers at Tex-Mex places, almost always quite-good to excellent.  As to why?  I eat Tex-Mex all the time, I can get it any time I want.  Sometimes I just want a good burger.

Gringo breakfast at Tex-Mex places is similarly tasty.  Maybe something about a well-seasoned flattop? 

Ninfa’s in Nav has a kickass burger 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The only TexMex my son really likes is fajitas (he’s adopted and probably a commie) so whenever we go to Juarez on Gessner he gets the CFS.  It looks pretty good and likes it.

If you eat TexMex outside of Texas you deserve what you get.  Although I did frequent the Lone Star Cafe in NYC when I lived in Manhattan in the mid ‘80s, but anyplace that you could hear Kinky and Asleep at the Wheel play in NYC is a pretty good place.

worst texmex i've ever had was in new mexico, Santa Rosa to be exact. nachos had ballpark cheese and pickled jalepenos.

13 hours ago, Sal said:

This is a good rule. Worst ever is Tortilla Factory in Harrisburg. Disgusting. HomeState in LA is ok, but that’s an exception.

It seethes my soul when I see New Yorkers or Californians act like they know good BBQ or Tex-Mex.

Some of the best BBQ I’ve had is in Chicago 

https://greenstreetmeats.com/

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

texmex CFS.....

this will be heresy to anyone that's younger than 50.....

but back in the day in the 80s Trudy's made a Milanesa and cheese-stuffed mashed taters that was the fucking bomb

not Strawn level CFS but damn close

+++++

cheeseburgers.....

there is a reason the first version of this site labeled the food forum GM Steakhouse

i will go to my grave knowing i tasted The Work of God

Yessir. 

Marijuana the arowana says hey.  

Granted they were playing with their backup for almost all of last season, but if you take out games against Kent State, New Mexico, Prairie View A&M, and Sam Houston, A&M has scored fewer than 25 points in 7/10 games. Or in other words, in 70% of their games. 

25 minutes ago, Fud said:

Granted they were playing with their backup for almost all of last season, but if you take out games against Kent State, New Mexico, Prairie View A&M, and Sam Houston, A&M has scored fewer than 25 points in 7/10 games. Or in other words, in 70% of their games. 

Based on what we've seen, they may have been better with Calzada than if King had stayed healthy.

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, there was this Tex-Mex dive near where I grew up.  South Side of Chicago, called Nuevo Leon.  I only ate two things there, the chorizo tacos for breakfast after church.  Or for dinner on other nights, the cheeseburger.  And it was fucking phenomenal.  Even my mom like the cheeseburger and she hated every fucking cheeseburger in the tri-state area.  The place literally inspired her to open up her own tex-mex restaurant out in the suburbs after the Marty Robins' song...Rosa's Cantina.  About ten years ago, I was visiting family back in Chicago and in the course of a few hours, we drove by the house my parents brought me home to from the hospital...and it was demo'd and a mcmansion erected in its place.  I then drove us to the southside to eat at Nuevo Leon.  But it had recently been torched for insurance money.  But I'd like to think that cheeseburger grease played a small part in the mafia fraud.  One by one, how old friends are gone...

friction fire - when the bank note rubs up against the insurance policy.

• Haha 1

Just now, NoName said:

seeing the A&M stuff go national is amazing. have gotten 2 youtube shorts this week alone of dudes talking about them who aren't even from/don't live in the south.

I don't think the Le Batard skit was particularly well done, but anything to spread the word helps

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don't think the Le Batard skit was particularly well done, but anything to spread the word helps

I think it is fucking hilarious. Shows how absolutely cornball those fucktards are. Hee Haw would be apoplectic to be compared to Yell Practice.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1