• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

12 hours ago, NAVY said:

Pancho Villas Tex-Mex in Dubai punched hard in 1991. Hadn’t had non-ship Mexican food in like a year. And those glorious margaritas. Stumbled the fuck out of there 

Señor Paco's in Bahrain was legit in mid-90's.  Might have been because it was one of the few restaurants in Bahrain that had a liquor license.  Mid-2010's Dubai had an El Chico in Jumeirah Beach that was at least reminiscent of Tex-Mex.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Señor Paco's in Bahrain was legit in mid-90's.  Might have been because it was one of the few restaurants in Bahrain that had a liquor license.  Mid-2010's Dubai had an El Chico in Jumeirah Beach that was at least reminiscent of Tex-Mex.

We couldn’t do shit that was off base of the Administrative Support Unit (ASU) Bahrain (AKA alcohol support unit). Gulf was real hot at the time  

13 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

while we are detoured, anyone in the bay area, smoking pig in san jose at the junction of 101 and 880 is owned by texpats and is legit

not franklins or blacks or snows but damn good for norcal

now, if i could just find a clay pot in Texas to equal Le Cheval in Oakland.....

Heritage BBQ in San Juan Capistrano is fucking legit. 

2 minutes ago, Sealtm6 said:

Back to our insecure neighbors:

A former older neighbor who went their did not like me kidding him after one of their losses.  He said something like “don’t disrespect us, we are Texas AMC”.  Have no idea what that meant. AMC??  He said it proudly. 

Guessing it's Texas Agricultural & Mechanical COLLEGE.

Edited by Uncle Nate
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm old enough to remember when the Big 12 started how some old Big 8 fans said we were lying about them just because they're a rival. How they were half farm schools and we were just being city snobs about our agricultural school. 

SEC thought the same thing. They've learned. Now the nation is finally starting to learn. We didn't lie or fabricate anything. Hell we didn't even exaggerate. 

In fairness to them, the entire ag culture is really difficult to believe. I still sometimes wonder if it’s all one giant joke and that they’re actually comedic geniuses.

But the far more likely explanation is that they’re sincere and the whole damn thing really is as bizarre as it seems.

11 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yeah thats exactly my point.  He was being sarcastic, Traylor and King (dad) certainly know each other well. But Traylor wants to win so would probably pass on King the qb

My apologies. I've been battling a bad head cold since the weekend and have been playing from behind all week. I'll take a lap.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sealtm6 said:

Back to our insecure neighbors:

A former older neighbor who went their did not like me kidding him after one of their losses.  He said something like “don’t disrespect us, we are Texas AMC”.  Have no idea what that meant. AMC??  He said it proudly. 

All Male Cheerleaders?

• Haha 2