Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

The opening of that video reminds me of just how ugly the A&M campus truly is...when a water tower is the signature structure on campus.  

Whereas,

UT has the iconic tower:

spacer.png

Texas Tech has the Administration Building Bell Tower:

spacer.png

SMU has the signature Dallas Hall:

spacer.png

A&M's pride and joy is this...

spacer.png

I was just saying this to my wife... we show these cool views of campus, the pennybacker bridge, downtown, the hills, the stadium.

They show a water tower.

Water tower being pulled down on Make a GIF

• Like 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Sealtm6 said:

Back to our insecure neighbors:

A former older neighbor who went their did not like me kidding him after one of their losses.  He said something like “don’t disrespect us, we are Texas AMC”.  Have no idea what that meant. AMC??  He said it proudly. 

Stupid sip it was the first public institution of higher education in Texas, the school opened for classes on October 4, 1876, as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas (A.M.C.) under the provisions of the 1862 Morrill Land-Grant Act

40 minutes ago, Magabro said:

I was pretty tore up after two of those Mexican Martini’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strong. Staff limited you to 2 per person.

40 minutes ago, Magabro said:

I was pretty tore up after two of those Mexican Martini’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strong. Waitstaff limited you to 2 per person.

20 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Strong. Staff limited you to 2 per person.

Strong. Waitstaff limited you to 2 per person.

They didn't always.  There were some... events... that made them enact that rule.

When they started counting my drinks I stopped drinking Mexican martinis.  Instead, I ordered rocks margaritas with tequila floaters.  They'd let you order as many of those as you wanted, and never start counting your drinks.  A lot of poor decisions were made those nights...

27 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Another excuse for aggys last week performance:

"During the game, King threw a pass that appeared to actually hit a bird in the first half. An App St. player picked up the bird and carried it off. It would have been a big first down."

That would have been a big first down?  Like the 25-30 yard run the VERY NEXT PLAY for a first down?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The aggies are in a unfamiliar situation this week because this may be the first time they have ever been in a true must win game with all the pressure on them. They've never been embarrassed like that and been the talk of the national media all week. When they've wok big games at home they're usually underdogs with zero pressure and occasionally knock off a big team. If they want to be a national brand and all that comes with it then they have to win or they'll get laughed at all week again and fade back into irrelevance. Last year against Bama they had nothing to lose and played loose. My money is on the aggies living up their history and falling short when it matters the most. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Sealtm6 said:

Back to our insecure neighbors:

A former older neighbor who went their did not like me kidding him after one of their losses.  He said something like “don’t disrespect us, we are Texas AMC”.  Have no idea what that meant. AMC??  He said it proudly. 

As it was in the beginning and lasted nigh on to 100 years, it stands for

Texas Agricultural and Mechanical College

They had a hell of a time with the switchover from College to University, even had to change their school song from

We are the Aggies [sic], the Aggies [sic] are we, 

We are from Texas A M C

to

We are the Aggies [sic], the Aggies [sic] so true, 

We are from Texas A M U

Not well done, not at all. Kind of pathetic, really... but what else can we expect from Aggies [sic]?

3 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Another excuse for aggys last week performance:

"During the game, King threw a pass that appeared to actually hit a bird in the first half. An App St. player picked up the bird and carried it off. It would have been a big first down."

I think they misunderstood the term King threw a wounded duck. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, demos said:

You could get two at the table then go up to the bar and get two more. And if you had a large group at a table, they either couldn’t or didn’t keep track.

I did 8 one night going upstairs/downstairs.  Pretty sure I pissed the backseat floor boards of my girlfriend’s car on the way to Taco C, and then threw up in the drive thru.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

As it was in the beginning and lasted nigh on to 100 years, it stands for

Texas Agricultural and Mechanical College

They had a hell of a time with the switchover from College to University, even had to change their school song from

We are the Aggies [sic], the Aggies [sic] are we, 

We are from Texas A M C

to

We are the Aggies [sic], the Aggies [sic] so true, 

We are from Texas A M U

Not well done, not at all. Kind of pathetic, really... but what else can we expect from Aggies [sic]?

[sic]ISWYDT[/sic]

Josies in POC has consistently horrible Tex Mex. Shitty salsa, shitty enchildas, beans, tacos etc. But they have kick ass burgers. Going back as long as I remember.

100% this. We have a house in POC. (Fuck yes Humblebrag) Haven’t eaten the tex-mex at Josie’s in over 10 years. I don’t even take fish to them anymore.

11 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Which one of you surly assholes is "DerrickWhiteMVP" on Reddit? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/x9e26w/fun_fact_queen_elizabeth_ii_was_the_longest/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

The comments are pretty hilarious 

"chryco4
5 days ago
Texas A&M • Marching Band
I can’t believe this is the highest upvoted post in this sub’s history by a mile now ;_;"

38 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Which one of you surly assholes is "DerrickWhiteMVP" on Reddit? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/x9e26w/fun_fact_queen_elizabeth_ii_was_the_longest/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

The comments are pretty hilarious 

Seems like a good time to remind everyone that A&M's national championship is closer in time to the Lincoln-Douglas debates than it is to now. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3