Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

9 minutes ago, someguy said:

This has turned into one of the more amusing college football subplots this season for my kids.  If USC looks like they are going to lose, we watch specifically for the inevitable crying.

I don't care what his measurables are and what his game tape looks like.  For a 21 year old QB to climb into the stands and sit on his mom's lap and cry because he lost his third game of the year - there have to be mental make up issues worthy of great concern.  

He’s had terrible body language his whole career. When he was a freshman at OU I was like, “well he’s a freshman… he’ll grow up…” But now he’s in his 3rd year and still doing it.

I know he has all the talent in the world, but that would just be screaming red flags if I were an NFL scout evaluating him. I know he’ll still go #1 overall, but he has bust written all over him. He’s a front-running head case who can’t handle adversity.

That’s gonna be rough when whatever shitty team drafts him and spends his first year in the NFL losing most games and getting his head beat in.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Crying after a loss, within reason, shows you care. Going to the stands and crying in your mom's lap?  Yeah, we'd have laughed at that shit in high school, forget about college.  

Not just crying, he's bawling. You can tell by his breathing. It's a pitiful display. Doing it in public on TV says even more bad things about this guy.

This puts a GM in a bind. I'd be inclined to pass on this pampered bag of goo, but if he grows up and becomes great, you'll look like an idiot. The NFL is a hard stage. It's not for the weak.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Alex Grinch. Unbelievable.

It was out watching football with friends yesterday. Heard a funny story from somebody Grinch’s time at Wash St with Leach. Supposedly, there was a mistake or typo on some of the wristbands the D wore during the game for calls. So, the call would come in from the sideline and half the guys would run one play. Half the guys would run the other. They didn’t figure that out until after the game.

Who knows if it’s accurate — but it’s damn funny regardless.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Not just crying, he's bawling. You can tell by his breathing. It's a pitiful display. Doing it in public on TV says even more bad things about this guy.

This puts a GM in a bind. I'd be inclined to pass on this pampered bag of goo, but if he grows up and becomes great, you'll look like an idiot. The NFL is a hard stage. It's not for the weak.

Maybe he is a pussy but also possible that it’s something personal like family member having cancer or dying and he’s overwhelmed.  I’m inclined to think it’s probably the latter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Williams is very effeminate.

I have never seen a team more allergic to tackling and contact than the USC defense. Oregon is going to kill them, though I hope that Williams can wipe enough tears out of his eyes to play the game of his life.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Maybe he is a pussy but also possible that it’s something personal like family member having cancer or dying and he’s overwhelmed.  I’m inclined to think it’s probably the latter.

Are you saying his Hawaiian girlfriend he never met is dying?  Caleb doesn't seem like the type to keep that private, I'll just leave it at that.  I'm gonna stick with spoiled Mama's boy until I see otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Williams is very effeminate.

I have never seen a team more allergic to tackling and contact than the USC defense. Oregon is going to kill them, though I hope that Williams can wipe enough tears out of his eyes to play the game of his life.

Being effeminate isn’t a character flaw. I’m pretty sure in some sense I would be labeled that (it’s complicated) but I’ll kick someone’s ass no question.

Nor does the QB’s reluctance of anything dictate what the defense does.

That said, going into the fetal position in your mom’s lap in front of about 90,000 fans and on national TV is probably best described as emotionally immature, extremely childish, even infantile. 

That’s the problem. 

• Hook 'Em 9

it's a lost season for USC. Riley's inability to see Grinch's flaws and his blind loyalty really cost them this year. He has to name a big time DC or the transfer portal is going to dry up. And they still haven't stopped the bleeding from the California high school ranks. Oregon still goes in and gets what they want. Lots of issues at SC. 

5 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

He’s had terrible body language his whole career. When he was a freshman at OU I was like, “well he’s a freshman… he’ll grow up…” But now he’s in his 3rd year and still doing it.

I know he has all the talent in the world, but that would just be screaming red flags if I were an NFL scout evaluating him. I know he’ll still go #1 overall, but he has bust written all over him. He’s a front-running head case who can’t handle adversity.

That’s gonna be rough when whatever shitty team drafts him and spends his first year in the NFL losing most games and getting his head beat in.

So Cleveland it is!

• Haha 1

No wonder Williams wants a slice of ownership. Dude is tired of being the one getting owned.

He does make amazing plays look routine. That spin away from pressure to hit Rice in the end zone was just ridiculous. But talk about high maintenance. With that personality, he should move to WR. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Are you saying his Hawaiian girlfriend he never met is dying?  Caleb doesn't seem like the type to keep that private, I'll just leave it at that.  I'm gonna stick with spoiled Mama's boy until I see otherwise.

His mother probably just told him that loss cost him another million or two dollars.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Lol, what drugs are you on?  USC has a lot of problems, but CW isn't one of them.

I'm saying that he's exhibiting more than just immaturity issues. CW's got headcase written all over him and despite all of his many physical gifts he strikes me as the type of player who could flame out spectacularly in the NFL, especially if he's drafted #1 by a team who may be in full rebuild mode or with glaring holes that aren't likely to be filled in one offseason.

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'm saying that he's exhibiting beyond just immaturity issues, CW's got headcase written all over him and despite all of his many physical gifts he strikes me as the type of player who could flame out spectacularly in the NFL, especially if he's drafted #1 by a team who may be in full rebuild mode or with glaring holes that aren't likely to be filled in one offseason.

I don't think he's anymore of a brat than Brady or Burrow.  He's still young.  I have faith he'll be a really good pro, but you never know.