Reacher

Scary Stranger

46 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I will watch the whole season for Serinda Swan alone. All the hilarious violence is just a nice bonus. 

She was never on my radar before this. I did a quick search and found out she played Elizabeth Taylor in Devotion. Of course she did.

On 12/15/2023 at 8:12 AM, A-Tex Devil said:

Reacher seems worse as an actor, particularly when he squints his eyes and starts playing Roided Sherlock Holmes. .  

But like the supporting cast.  

Reacher squints. "Dogs only shit when the sun is up and most of the country is right-handed and most people hate Chihuahuas. This is the work of a left-handed Mexican that works a graveyard shift."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I'm enjoying the hell out of S2 but several things are bugging the shit out of me:

Spoiler

1.  When they toss the pipe bomb into the house and then take out all of the crew....   How exactly are they supposed to get away with that?  Sure, the guys they killed wanted to kill them but didn't they commit all sorts of crimes in doing so?  At least with the Atlantic City kills they covered their tracks with the concrete.

2.  Why take the bad guy when he's on the way to board the plane from DEN to NYC instead of grabbing him as he comes off the flight?

On 12/18/2023 at 11:24 PM, atomheartbevo said:

One thing @Brisketexan and I can agree on.

One day at lunch somewhere in the mid to late 70s, I had the pleasure of standing in a wonderfully slow moving line behind (operative word) Sela Ward at Taco Casa, Tuscalosa's then favoite Tex-Mex restaurant.  This was during her Apex cheerleader days at Alabama.  Mmmmmm-MMH!  She was one lovely, long-stemmed blossoming rose and not a bad actress

50 minutes ago, Parliament said:

TRT in his case is supplemental testosterone at like 3x what a regular person takes.  That, plus dialed in nutrition and a dedicated gym regimen and there you are.  

Oh shit, you're serious. I also have 24 inch pythons brotha, and it's all the result of dialed in nutrition 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2023 at 5:21 PM, wutang75 said:

I liked the first episode - but the campfire scene was corny as hell. Sitting around singing Elton John? Just strange and out of place.

Kinda like the skinny kid kicking his ass in season 1.

The thing that bugged me about that was that there was like… reverb on his vocals? It used to be I would smoke a little bit of pot and then couldn’t watch TV because I would hear all the places where they punched in the audio. This was like that but I haven’t smoked pot in 10 years. Just bad sound, and there are surprisingly a lot of little bad detail stuff like that in this show. But it doesn’t really matter because it’s a silly show. I like it when he beats the shit out of people who deserve having the shit beaten out of them.

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

The thing that bugged me about that was that there was like… reverb on his vocals? It used to be I would smoke a little bit of pot and then couldn’t watch TV because I would hear all the places where they punched in the audio. This was like that but I haven’t smoked pot in 10 years. Just bad sound, and there are surprisingly a lot of little bad detail stuff like that in this show. But it doesn’t really matter because it’s a silly show. I like it when he beats the shit out of people who deserve having the shit beaten out of them.

Sheeeeeit, last person I heard call it pot was my grandma. You could very well be the last person on earth who calls it pot 

He’s taking cover between a few buses from a guy with a machine gun firing from a helicopter and then proceeds to just walk out into the open while firing up with his pistol. Amazingly stupid. 

I did enjoy the joke about the plastic bottle silencer though. 

10 hours ago, tbone_ said:

The muscle head playing Reacher is 100x the actor Keanu Fucking Reeves is.

I get that Reeves is famously wooden, but this is the dumbest thing that I've read on Surly in at least 30, maybe 35 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2