Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

lol Don’t y’all know that Uncle Joey has been DYING to be sassy and smart alecky and everyone in the Obama Administration made him keep that under wraps.

I bet he gets tickled when they get to be petty.

I wish someone had taped some of the bull sessions between Obama and Biden. Y’all KNOW they talked some mad shit:

• Hook 'Em 2

Like other businesses around the country, Senate Luxury Suites is struggling to keep going without critical employees. The hotel is down to three housekeepers, half the number it had before the pandemic, and Arteaga blames a years-long immigration slowdown, which he says has made an already tough situation worse.

“It’s been three years of trying absolutely everything,” said Arteaga, who has raised pay by about $3 an hour and offers discounted monthly rates to employees. “It feels like the workers really aren’t there.”

Pretty sure it belongs in the immigration thread, but since the question was raised here, here ya go. 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 1

White House should put together a megacut of Dems who go on live TV and tell other countries we’re open borders, ZERO, then show all the Republicans that do and have the counter go off the screen.

same shit with the pronoun nonsense. Kamala does it once and now every dickhead alive thinks it’s the funniest thing since “Working hard or hardly working?”

Edited by StassneyHorn

8 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

same shit with the pronoun nonsense. Kamala does it once and now every dickhead alive thinks it’s the funniest thing since “Working hard or hardly working?”

Hold on now. "Working hard or hardly working?" has been an important part of my dad joke repertoire since I became a dad. I learned it from my father, who learned it from his, and woe to the man who tries to take that joke from the TheBayou family legacy.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go make fun of some small children who say "can" when they should have said "may".

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Hold on now. "Working hard or hardly working?" has been an important part of my dad joke repertoire since I became a dad. I learned it from my father, who learned it from his, and woe to the man who tries to take that joke from the TheBayou family legacy.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go make fun of some small children who say "can" when they should have said "may".

As always, I recommend you save "pull my finger" for your own kids.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Attention @HornOnTheBayou to the LOLZ courtesy phone please...

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

same shit with the pronoun nonsense. Kamala does it once and now every dickhead alive thinks it’s the funniest thing since “Working hard or hardly working?

I will always hear it like I did the first time, clerking in a Selma Alabama convenience store visited by all the TBird connoisseurs. I heard it from a possibly-intoxicated gentleman with a Redd Foxx voice "Wuikin hahd, or hahdly wuikin? haHAH!" 

I know no other way to say it, and that has kept me from the top editor jobs at the Atlantic. I did train a bartender from Belfast to do a pitch-perfect rendition, so I guess we have a cult now.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/19/2022 at 2:49 PM, cactusflinthead said:

Like other businesses around the country, Senate Luxury Suites is struggling to keep going without critical employees. The hotel is down to three housekeepers, half the number it had before the pandemic, and Arteaga blames a years-long immigration slowdown, which he says has made an already tough situation worse.

“It’s been three years of trying absolutely everything,” said Arteaga, who has raised pay by about $3 an hour and offers discounted monthly rates to employees. “It feels like the workers really aren’t there.”

Pretty sure it belongs in the immigration thread, but since the question was raised here, here ya go. 

If you're trying to fill three spots, then no... raising your wages $3 per hour is not doing everything possible.  Not even fucking close.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/national/megan-coyne-the-voice-of-new-jersey-is-headed-to-the-white-house/amp/

Just five years after interning on Phil Murphy’s 2017 gubernatorial campaign, Livingston native Megan Coyne is on her way to the White House.

Coyne, one of the architects of New Jersey’s hugely successful Twitter account with an attitude departed last week as Murphy’s social media director to join the Biden administration.

“It’s an absolute dream come true to be joining the Office of Digital Strategy as Deputy Director of Platforms,” Coyne said on Twitter on Monday.  “So excited for the journey ahead.”

Coyne and her boss at the time, Pearl Gabel, brought life and a quintessential New Jersey manner to a once dull state-run Twitter account that began to take off in 2019.

“Who lets New Jersey have a Twitter?” tweeted someone with 88 followers.

The reply – “Your mom” – had nearly a half-million likes and 85,000 retweets.

More than 439,000 followers watch the wit and sarcasm of New Jersey’s official Twitter account every day, which has garnered national attention.

“Megan Coyne has been an incredibly valuable member of our team, and her humor and wit will be greatly missed in our office,” said Murphy.  “Her passion for our state—and fierce defense of Central Jersey—is unparalleled and as the person behind @NJGov, Megan’s voice has become synonymous with New Jersey.  I wish her the best at the White House.”

As New Jersey’s social media tone setter, Coyne has played nearly every conceivable New Jersey card: the Sopranos, Springsteen and Bon Jovi.  She has picked fights with other states, especially in defense of New Jersey’s pizza industry, and has treated the Taylor Ham vs. Pork Roll war fairly, even though she knows the real name is Taylor Ham.

Besides the snark, Coyne also played a governmental role managing Murphy’s official social media accounts.  That gives her the right to wear a championship ring as a member of a team that made Murphy the first Democratic governor in 44 years to win re-election.

“Megan has played an indispensable role for Governor Murphy.  Beyond growing the Governor’s social media presence with authenticity, sharpness, and wit, she has fully reimagined the role social media can play in government,” said Murphy’s former communications director, Mahen Gunaratna, who hired her.  “It’s been a privilege and a pleasure to watch Megan grow in her career and work her way up from intern to Social Media Director. I’m thrilled for her to take this next step as Deputy Director of Platforms at the White House — she’s earned it.”

Coyne served as president of the College Democrats of New Jersey while attending Rutgers University and worked as a communications intern in the governor’s office for fifteen months in 2018 and 2019.  Murphy hired her straight out of college to work on his communications staff.

Dan Bryan, Murphy’s former senior advisor, also praised Coyne’s work in Trenton.

“Megan Coyne will go down in New Jersey history as the creator and operator of @NJGov, social accounts that brought hundreds of thousands of New Jerseyans in with jokes and memes, only to follow them up with critical information about everything from winter storms to the COVID-19 pandemic,” Bryan said.  “It’s no surprise to see the White House tap Megan for their digital team, and I can’t wait to see the great work she’ll do on behalf of the Biden administration.”

Coyne is the first Livingston High School graduate to take the Statehouse route to the White House since Robert H. Grady, who served as Gov. Thomas Kean’s communications director, became the Associate Director of the Office of Management and Budget under President George H.W. Bush in 1989 after a brief stop as a speechwriter and policy advisor for Bush’s 1988 presidential campaign.

In 2016, another Livingston native, Chris Christie, sought the Republican nomination for president, but withdrew after a dismal 7% showing in New Hampshire.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

That is just all kinds of awesome. I believe this punching back stuff started when they hired a younger woman to run their social media responses. I just cannot remember her name at the moment.

I got you fam.  New Jersey girl.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2022 is, without a doubt, the single most successful year a US President has ever had and it is not close. The Job creation, the historical unemployment overall along with Hispanic unemployment, the wage growth, the decimation and pantsing of cold, foreign dictators without firing a single shot on the international stage, and a domestic beat down of political enemies who take away womens rights. The citizenry sees it all. Never seen anything quite like it and probably won’t ever again.

Fed is dead set on making private business take your jobs, yet two scoops has ripped through the underbelly of these rate hikes like a cleaver through squealing pigs. And make no mistake they are pigs who root against the successes of everyday Americans.

God Bless

1C0EF1CD-8506-4F81-AB8E-33FF6333A792.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Don’t forget last minute election reforms to eliminate the federal side of the loopholes team trump was trying to exploit and more financial support for Ukraine all at the 11th hour when the media was saying it might be dead. Uncle Joe did kick some serious ass this last year.

• Hook 'Em 4

16 hours ago, troph said:

Don’t forget last minute election reforms to eliminate the federal side of the loopholes team trump was trying to exploit and more financial support for Ukraine all at the 11th hour when the media was saying it might be dead. Uncle Joe did kick some serious ass this last year.

all while being asleep!

• Haha 4

On 12/22/2022 at 10:23 PM, troph said:

We definitely aren’t talking enough about the Electoral Count Act provisions in the omnibus. 20% threshold to challenge a state’s electors, versus 1 from each chamber currently. That’s 107 people who have to sign onto any challenge, at least making it harder in theory for these to go through because you’re more on the record than just having someone like Cruz and MTG be the ones to force the challenge. Expedition of legal challenges. Clarifying that VP is ceremonial and has no authority to reject a slate of electors 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 2:14 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's never a good way to leave a war zone when your hand picked replacements can't last more than a couple of days. The only people that should be brought into an Afghanistan hearing should be the Bush administration.

Oh good, I would like to know how much the 5000 Taliban fighters that Trump released from Afghanistan prisons contributed to the swift takeover by the Taliban. Wouldn't it be something if those soldiers helped embolden the Taliban forces and speed up toppling the government, which lead to destabilization of the region and endangered US Military stationed there?