2022 Rain Thread

South Austin

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

My ass went out to the pool with a bucket for about 15 mins this morning during a lull to take some off the top.  Should be good but if another wave decides to sit over us for another 2 hours it was going over the top and pool too damn close to the house - don't want to test my deck drainage.

Knowing how to siphon through a hose is a valuable life skill to master.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

But here's hoping things will turn around.  My weather app tells me 100% chance of rain at 2 PM.  Hopefully the Force Field is taking a nap.

It's now down to 23% at 2 PM.  And the highest is down to 69% at 11 PM. 

So damn predictable.

27 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Knowing how to siphon through a hose is a valuable life skill to master.

Yup.  My last house was below a peak in central west Austin.  Big rains would cause water to build up in my back yard against my house.  First time, it happened overnight and I didn't know what was going on until I got up in the middle of the night and squished my way through to the pisser, because water had gotten into the house.  ($18K of hardwood floor damage, holla.)

From then on, I paid attention and would suck start a siphon down to the front yard whenever it got bad.  I felt like a HS football cheerleader doing it, but hey.  Eventually I put in a drain that controlled it all, but that first hit (Tropical Storm Hermine) was a bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yep, have that as well but pretty overwhelmed once it rains that much that fast.

Yeah zero chance overflow was holding up against the heavy rain earlier but back down a couple of inches after the lighter stuff.  And didn't want to test my deck drainage.  But agreed with above I need to have a better game plan than a bucket next time :)

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Just saw that update on NBC5 -- 14.92 inches. Damn!

I bet we are well over 10 at Love Field now.

Just got an email from Lakewood superintendent. 10.6 inches from 7 pm yesterday until 1pm today. 

Course looks to have drained amazingly well considering. The captions  are a bit wonky but you get the idea  

DA1332A1-2A67-4BFB-A16B-9239FBAEDAF9.png

5A02F5CC-1895-4F8E-8681-1FDCA486C527.png

547F719A-A98E-481E-A7A2-74522CD067F9.png

668CEE67-418E-4226-951E-69372A82B113.png

Edited by DDD Dad

On 8/21/2022 at 9:56 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

image.png.e7be05e8deb13efe2b031cc66e160065.png

After receiving a total of *checks notes* 0.0" of rain in the last two days, I see the 7-day precip forecast now shows me on the edge of 0.25" to 0.75".

So much for the fucking 4-6" they were saying. At least areas south should get beneficial rainfall... although at this pace, that will turn out to be a screw-up as well. 

image.png.a3f9dd43fda344c9b19b348f3df316aa.png

2 hours ago, Hpara759 said:

70fa3338-064f-40cf-912e-6f3f280d58af_text.gif

This one will be different... or else I wouldn't have posted.  Went all John Wayne in on today's bitch, but I'm confident.

enterprisedestruction.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Technically, it ain't even 'posed ta start rainin' until later, but wife reported animals by 2's in N Austin (183/Riata area).  And that one was earlier than expected.  

Radar is showing the main lines coming now.  We'll see, I guess.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I am at almost 1hour 25 mind straight of being in the bright red section on KXAN's radar.    I live just a smidge south and East of where 183 and mopac meet and its been solid red for the whole time...  Got to have given South Austin's mom at least 2.5 inches by now.

Just looked it up. I live 3.5 miles away as the crow flies. Had a huge downpour when we got lucky with the first shower to hit the area. Since then, nothing. It's showing dark green, on the border of yellow/red and it's not raining a drop.