real men DO eat quiche

Gil Bang

8 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Do something with kale. It's gonna taste awful, but everyone will act like they love it.

I challenge you to stand by that statement after you have Hughie’s kale salad.  

And there’s nothing wrong with quiche.  

fight me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, deadshank said:

And I held you in such...... high esteem..  Kale... Just saying it makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit...  

I will have a heaping slice of quiche, very clever dinner, appetizing food fit neatly into round pie.....

images-1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, deadshank said:

And I held you in such...... high esteem..  Kale... Just saying it makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit...  

I will have a heapin' slice of quiche, very clever dinner.  Appetizing food fit neatly into round pie.....

Edited by Onboard 2.0

6 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

i love quiches, they're like the garbage disposal of a menu idea - everything is good in them.   mushrooms, onions, cheese, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, spinach, ham.  its really more a question of what you dont want to put in it.  

Broccoli/Quaalude/Bacon - really hits the spot. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

i love quiches, they're like the garbage disposal of a menu idea - everything is good in them.   mushrooms, onions, cheese, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, spinach, ham.  its really more a question of what you dont want to put in it.  

Broccoli/Quaalude/Bacon - really hits the spot. 

bacon is an excellent choice.  not so sure about the quaaludes, but these days cbd oil seems to be an optional add-on everywhere, and probably wouldnt hurt a quiche none.

one other word of warning for the op.  pie shells tiny.  get the biggest deepest one you can find.  most recipes call for 4-5 eggs, and a little cream or milk, and by that time you have little room for the good stuff.   thats why you have to be selective with your ingredients.  make sure your mixing bowl is ovenproof, then whatever doesnt fit in the pie shell you can bake and eat it yourself.

18 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

I do the same, but instead of a pie crust, I throw it all in a casserole dish with a bunch of eggs and call it a frittata. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I do the same, but instead of a pie crust, I throw it all in a casserole dish with a bunch of eggs and call it a frittata. 

i made a frittata for easter - asparagus, canned artichoke hearts, onions, and parmesan.   i may be done with quiches myself but taking a cast iron skillet to a potluck would not be cool.

Quiche is good.  My wife makes them from time to time.  I think this one is sausage, peppers, and mushroom.  Just pie crust, a few eggs, a cup or so of cream or half-and-half, and fixinths.  Who are you all to refuse?

quiche.jpg

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

I prefer a frittata. Quiche usually has a soggy ass crust in the middle and overdone on the edge.

I like a frittata with smoked ham, Jimmy Dean hot sausage, onions, peppers japs and shredded hash brown taters. Depending on the crowd it’s frittata or it’s country cast iron breakfast casserole.

• Hook 'Em 1

Quiche is great. It’s a egg bake with a pie crust. That said if I was doing a pot luck I’d bake a shit load of the mini bite size frozen quiche bites. They are already pre made and people who say they don’t like quiche still eat them since they’re half pie crust mainly, bacon or spinach, with cheese.

image.thumb.jpeg.28af14f266bdaa44ff46f4ee04e551b5.jpeg

Edited by Covri
Smrt
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/20/2022 at 5:58 AM, South Austin said:

The concept of “pot luck” already conveys the attitude that people are putting a low level of thought and effort into serving others, so at least half the shit there is store bought. Just buy a quiche and bring a flask.

When our friends do "pot luck," everybody always tries to outdo everybody else. The spread ends up being totally out of control. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BHMCruiser said:

When our friends do "pot luck," everybody always tries to outdo everybody else. The spread ends up being totally out of control. 

For sure, same here.  And nobody ever tells someone what to bring, nor would I let anyone know my planned dish, because the whole intent is to "win." 

On 4/19/2022 at 9:20 PM, Dr Fear said:

Do something with kale. It's gonna taste awful, but everyone will act like they love it.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:04 PM, ztejas said:

Step 1: buy a quiche

Step 2: tell everyone you made the quiche

Step 3: eat something at the potluck that sucks less than quiche. (this is the easiest step)

On 4/20/2022 at 5:58 AM, South Austin said:

Just buy a quiche and bring a flask.

On 4/20/2022 at 10:40 AM, conVINCEd said:

Make/purchase some breakfast tacos and take those instead.

23 hours ago, RPM said:

Just make it like a Denver omelette and you'll be fine. 

These are all good suggestions, but not as good as my suggestion: don't go.

• Hook 'Em 1

For sure, same here.  And nobody ever tells someone what to bring, nor would I let anyone know my planned dish, because the whole intent is to "win." 

This is rare. The few potlucks I’ve been to lately have been endless spreads of store bought fried chicken, Stouffers lasagna, and pack of Oreos. No pride in family recipes.

14 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

This is rare. The few potlucks I’ve been to lately have been endless spreads of store bought fried chicken, Stouffers lasagna, and pack of Oreos. No pride in family recipes.

My friends are pretty bad-ass, it's true.

11 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

You should try the bisquick quiche.  It’s really more of an egg bread, but it’s fucking delicious. 

Also, Kirkland mini quiches are the tits.

So are you a waist only apron guy or the full magilla, mid knee length, halter top, apron ?  We'll get to the hat or not after your response.

• Haha 1