2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

1 hour ago, TotallyLegit said:

This reminds me. I'm going to pyle field for the first time for the Auburn @ aggy game this year. Can someone inform me how to behave? Keep in mind, based on my posting history, that I'll be pretty open minded to behaviors that some might consider to be...eccentric

Just go to Google and search for “Aggy Kyle Field fan fiction”

you’ll get all you need 

3 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

This reminds me. I'm going to pyle field for the first time for the Auburn @ aggy game this year. Can someone inform me how to behave? Keep in mind, based on my posting history, that I'll be pretty open minded to behaviors that some might consider to be...eccentric

Make sure you stop by every tailgate and ask how to get to the stadium. Especially ones where you can already see the stadium 

• Haha 6
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

Find the spot of grass (pretty easy since they don't have much) and proceed to make a snow (or grass) angel. They'll love it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

I'm guessing this was a case of calling their bluff.

Aggy - "We're not going to pay your NIL. If you don't like it, too bad". 

Bobby "Fine.  I'm going into the portal"

Aggy "No, wait! Please don't leave. We don't have any DBs. We'll pay you what we promised". 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I'm guessing this was a case of calling their bluff.

Aggy - "We're not going to pay your NIL. If you don't like it, too bad". 

Bobby "Fine.  I'm going into the portal"

Aggy "No, wait! Please don't leave. We don't have any DBs. We'll pay you what we promised". 

I seriously doubt that. Dude had no money waiting for him and probably no interest. He caved not them I bet. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I seriously doubt that. Dude had no money waiting for him and probably no interest. He caved not them I bet. 

Somebody would’ve gambled on the pedigree.  Not saying he would’ve gotten a big NIL deal, but he would’ve found a home on his name.

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Somebody would’ve gambled on the pedigree.  Not saying he would’ve gotten a big NIL deal, but he would’ve found a home on his name.

Somebody?  sure. I meant more like wherever he thought that would be an upgrade wasn’t likely to want him. 

7 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

Watch Out | Women, Fashion, Just go

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

The dog carpet scoot on the grass is a sign of great respect to Reveille and the corps.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Alabama QBs shit the bed in the Spring game

Acknowledging the Alabama defense should be excellent next year, I think it's wild that they opened up more than a touchdown favorite. We're demonstrably better at every position group on offense and watching the QB play during their spring game reminded me a bit of the King/Johnson/Weigman disaster class from last spring. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/18/2023 at 12:50 PM, closetojumping said:

It never works like though. Only the fringe element will pay (a fraction of posters here and on the sub sites being a core of that fringe). The rest of the audience, fans and alums alike, are generally ignorant of the subject, which is understandable. Those who are aware tend to make the idiotic assumption that it's all already funded by anonymous giant donors. I think another reason why people work under that assumption in order to rationalize why they don't need to feel guilty about not participating. NOTE: I am not saying anyone should actually feel guilty at all. I'm talking about human behavior nonetheless.

It's growing monthly, but it isn't even vaguely close to where it needs to be now or in the future. Those who have fronted major early NIL are extremely fatigued. The monthly subscription business is a slow rise over time after an initial push. Advertising during sporting events will help on that front.

Finding a couple hundred folks who will donate between $10k and $50k annually is a high, high priority but will take years.

Finding multiple participants at the 6 digit and 7 digit levels, annually, is being worked too, but we've all talked about the problems with this group and some of their views on paying players. 

There are going to be numerous events announced and will be worked annually. These are expected to be primary routes for yearly raises. This work is being helmed by experts in that arena and has the full support of most of the coaching staffs on campus and the AD.

Random question - and please forgive me if this has been covered or discussed ad nauesium. Is there anything that we could do to kind of get some of the potentially enthusiastic non-contributors "off the bench?" Maybe ads aren't way to go because overhead but something like that to get people who would like be involved but just kind of don't realize that NIL/Texas One is out there? I'm sure y'all have covered all this stuff but I just thought I'd ask. Or is just going to have to be worth of mouth? Maybe it's it already satudated and the people who are inclined to contribute like a lot us here are already doing so. OR maybe like volunteer saleys type guys or something? Like people in hydropics or something. 

Anyway, please excuse the potentially stiupid question. I giess we maybe could start adding vouchers to improve season ticket seat levels (KIDDING OBVIOUSLY). 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Random question - and please forgive me if this has been covered or discussed ad nauesium. Is there anything that we could do to kind of get some of the potentially enthusiastic non-contributors "off the bench?" Maybe ads aren't way to go because overhead but something like that to get people who would like be involved but just kind of don't realize that NIL/Texas One is out there? I'm sure y'all have covered all this stuff but I just thought I'd ask. Or is just going to have to be worth of mouth? Maybe it's it already satudated and the people who are inclined to contribute like a lot us here are already doing so. OR maybe like volunteer saleys type guys or something? Like people in hydropics or something. 

Anyway, please excuse the potentially stiupid question. I giess we maybe could start adding vouchers to improve season ticket seat levels (KIDDING OBVIOUSLY). 

They are all being talked to. It’s strategic pitches not hoping they hear about it on the grapevine. If you are talking about the heavy hitters. The $200 a year donor Jamail mocked hoping for ads and word of mouth. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, NevaLost said:

Acknowledging the Alabama defense should be excellent next year, I think it's wild that they opened up more than a touchdown favorite. We're demonstrably better at every position group on offense and watching the QB play during their spring game reminded me a bit of the King/Johnson/Weigman disaster class from last spring. 

Why should their defense be excellent? They lost critical talent and they’re replacing it with guys that played sparingly or freshmen. 

I listened to a Bama honk talking to the XM84 weekend guys yesterday and he was extolling the virtues of Saban’s brave, visionary move to return to 3 yards and a cloud of dust this coming season against the grain of college football. He sounded like the Iraqi Information Minister telling us that all is well. The QBs were so good, the staff couldn’t pick which one was better to start. The defense, with all of its talent, basically begged for a complementary ball control offense. National title to follow! 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggies offered this guy - a backup QB out of Fresno State.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaylen-Henderson-46080427/high-school-230042/

image.png.9eba5a6eab7cbc27374db7755192b3a4.png

Here are the guy's career stats:

image.thumb.png.d1cc7d654047a97efaaa4823d7f9739c.png

'Ol BBH loves the move.

image.thumb.png.e52e01542edb9ef1ca2da18209b45f0d.png

The mods ... are a little more skeptical.

image.thumb.png.ddb7151f0301255be95ffbf1bfe29979.png

image.thumb.png.1d55f161d114b2d5c7bf8e40242e942d.png

image.thumb.png.8d024cc917ac78ddb1d915105a09d2f7.png

Yes but, his nickname is JMoney so he has to be good.

56 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggies offered this guy - a backup QB out of Fresno State.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaylen-Henderson-46080427/high-school-230042/

image.png.9eba5a6eab7cbc27374db7755192b3a4.png

Here are the guy's career stats:

image.thumb.png.d1cc7d654047a97efaaa4823d7f9739c.png

'Ol BBH loves the move.

image.thumb.png.e52e01542edb9ef1ca2da18209b45f0d.png

The mods ... are a little more skeptical.

image.thumb.png.ddb7151f0301255be95ffbf1bfe29979.png

image.thumb.png.1d55f161d114b2d5c7bf8e40242e942d.png

image.thumb.png.8d024cc917ac78ddb1d915105a09d2f7.png

I know they need QB depth in the worst way and that's probably all this is - but the optimist in me is REALLY hoping that this is somhow reflective of Petrino's feelings on Weigman and his "spectcular" spring game performance.

Doubtful, but I guess I can dream. 

9 hours ago, NevaLost said:

I think it's wild that they opened up more than a touchdown favorite. We're demonstrably better at every position group on offense 

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

They’re losing 7 or 8 starters off last year’s defense, so this is far from a given. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Why should their defense be excellent? They lost critical talent and they’re replacing it with guys that played sparingly or freshmen. 

yeah, definitely.  we should expect to go into tuscaloosa and beat alabama.  because we're texas.  💯

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

My thinking was a few first-round type kids returning + the raw talent they've been stacking on that side of the ball + the floor for Saban's Alabama defenses has still been very good. Now that I'm looking closer at that roster, it does look like particularly linebacker and safety could be pretty green and they're oddly lacking high-end guys on the interior. 

1 hour ago, NevaLost said:

My thinking was a few first-round type kids returning + the raw talent they've been stacking on that side of the ball + the floor for Saban's Alabama defenses has still been very good. Now that I'm looking closer at that roster, it does look like particularly linebacker and safety could be pretty green and they're oddly lacking high-end guys on the interior. 

XM radio said they would be looking for safety in the portal.  

Really happy to hear that QB and LT were sub-par in the spring game.  If secondary is also shaky, I'll try to get over that too.  😃