Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

On 12/1/2021 at 10:39 PM, brakeman said:

Madisyn Baldwin, age 17.
Tate Myre, age 16.
Hanna St. Julian, age 14.

My hearts breaks for these families. It wouldn’t surprise me if some parents hadn’t already purchased Christmas gifts for their now dead children.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:41 PM, Satchel said:

True. Until we learn to value people more than guns, nothing will change.

Take your human compassion to the Abortion thread.  This is the thread where people are compassionate about their guns and constitutional rights to be their own militia. And sorry about the kids but gun rights trump lives. The only way to combat a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.  Which is why it's a damn shame that school kids, principals and other administrators, teachers and aids, counselors, custodians, and lunch and bussing staff can't all arm themselves against active shooters.  What?  The active shooter was a white kid?  Let's not rush to conclusions.  Maybe the kid will surrender peacefully.  There's a Beckett play in here somewhere.  

Seriously, this shit get's old.  Gun control.  Now.  Or make bullets super expensive (nod to Dave Chappelle).  I'm tired of the morons that use the slippery slope theory for gun control while going hog wild with all kinds of other restrictions on books, immigration, voting rights, gay marriage, religion, and on and on.  And again, if guns made us safer, we'd be the safest country on the planet.  We're not.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 9

On 12/1/2021 at 10:41 PM, Satchel said:

True. Until we learn to value people more than guns, nothing will change.

That will never happen here unless there are far fewer assholes. So the answer is to encourage people who are assholes to get a vasectomy or abortions. 

How about a free AR 15 with every vasectomy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

how is it that you have the worst possible take on every subject available? it's amazing, really

I think that "People are generally pretty bad at objectively assessing risk." as a take stands on pretty solid ground. If you like to entertain a case study, I'd be happy to demonstrate.  

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think that "People are generally pretty bad at objectively assessing risk." as a take stands on pretty solid ground. 

I agree.  However, pointing to David Hogg's ability to assess risk seems a little tone-deaf.  He does have a pretty unique perspective.

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Michigan shooter's parents have been charged with four counts of homicide involuntary manslaughter.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/oxford-school-shooting-michigan-12-03-21/h_0632e1efaed7ceccc8c42660da93990b

They should also be charged with 7 counts of something else for the kids who were injured, but this is good.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

They should also be charged with 7 counts of something else for the kids who were injured, but this is good.

Not to mention the 1000's of other kids in the school who will carry serious psychological issues forward after this.

44 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Parents bought their obviously disturbed kid a gun. For Christmas.

usa

I posted this on the thread in Daily Texan. The PC announcing they'd been charged was absolutely insane:

Wasn't taking detailed notes but it went something like this:

• Parents bought the 9mm pistol for Ethan as an early Xmas gift
  • Ethan posted pics of 9mm, calling the gun his new toy or baby, something
  • Ethan was caught in class looking up "ammunition" on his phone and was reported to admin by the teacher
  • Emails were sent to Ethan's mother who responded to him with something like "LOL, I'm not mad but you've got to learn how not to get caught"
  • Pictures drawn by Ethan were seen as well, pics of people shot with blood and the words "Help me" and "Life is Useless"
  • The pictures were followed up with the laughing emoji
  • Parents were summoned to the school to discuss what they'd found
  • Ethan was brought out of class to the meeting
  • Parents were encouraged to take him out of school and he was required to be put into counseling within 48 hours
  • Parents didn't take him out of school and he went back to class
  • Parents never asked where the 9mm was and did NOT search his backpack -- the gun was in the backpack the entire time
  • School shooting took place that afternoon
Edited by C-Man
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Not to mention the 1000's of other kids in the school who will carry serious psychological issues forward after this.

I posted this on the thread in Daily Texan. The PC announcing they'd been charged was absolutely insane:

Wasn't taking detailed notes but it went something like this:

• Parents bought the 9mm pistol for Ethan as an early Xmas gift
  • Ethan posted pics of 9mm, calling the gun his new toy or baby, something
  • Ethan was caught in class looking up "ammunition" on his phone and was reported to admin by the teacher
  • Emails were sent to Ethan's mother who responded to him with something like "LOL, I'm not mad but you've got to learn how not to get caught"
  • Pictures drawn by Ethan were seen as well, pics of people shot with blood and the words "Help me" and "Life is Useless"
  • The pictures were followed up with the laughing emoji
  • Parents were summoned to the school to discuss what they'd found
  • Ethan was brought out of class to the meeting
  • Parents were encouraged to take him out of school and he was required to be put into counseling within 48 hours
  • Parents didn't take him out of school and he went back to class
  • Parents never asked where the 9mm was and did NOT search his backpack -- the gun was in the backpack the entire time
  • School shooting took place that afternoon

Blinking GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Parents are way, way worse than I thought. Holy shit.

But the fact the kid was allowed to go back to class with the things that had come to light -- just wow.

How did the school not step in?  It almost seems like they left it up to the discretion of the parents.

This country is pretty fucked up.  I’ve never had a gun, don’t care to shoot guns, nor do I feel the need to get one.  I get self defense, sure.  But I find it pretty funny that I have to go through 8 years of schooling, so many continuing education courses, maintain multiple licenses, and have to follow so much regulation to do simple medical procedures on patients.  Yet when it comes to something dangerous like guns, I can go to a gun show today in Texas and probably buy a semi-automatic rifle without anyone blinking an eye.  

This country isn’t interested in solving real world problems.  Everything is political.  I have a simple solution.  Allow basic rifles for hunting and very basic handguns.  You must go through a one year process of training, background checks, mental health check to obtain a handgun.  You have to take yearly courses to maintain the ability to keep your handgun.  You are limited in how many weapons you can buy.  Eliminate semi automatic rifles.  You don’t need one for self defense.  We’re not having a war here. 

I bet those 3 simple measures would drastically decrease shootings.  So there, you get to keep guns to protect yourself.  Anyone who finds those simple measures unreasonable probably shouldn’t be allowed to have a weapon that can take a life.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

I have a simple statute to propose:

(1)  A person who knowingly provides a firearm to a minor who uses that firearm in the commission of a crime shall be fully criminally liable for any such crime committed.

(2)  A person who fails to reasonably secure a firearm in their residence (permanent or temporary, owned or rented), vehicle, or on their person, so that a minor can access that firearm, shall be fully criminally liable for any such crime committed, reduced by one degree.

(3)  The term "reasonably secure" means measures reasonably available to secure a firearm, including but not limited to a locking safe or similar mechanism.

Tweak it as you want.  But make parents/other adults equally liable for murder when little Johnny uses the handgun they gave him to murder 4 classmates, you'll see them take this shit a lot more seriously.  And note, this isn't just for school shootings and such.  Leave a gun out so little Johnny uses it to commit armed robbery, same consequences.

These parents look like pieces of shit, thus far.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 4

44 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The parents of the four murdered children should have been better at it.

Sounds like the parents of the murderer as well as the school administrators are the ones in this case that need to recalibrate their risk assessment skills. 

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I have a simple statute to propose:

(1)  A person who knowingly provides a firearm to a minor who uses that firearm in the commission of a crime shall be fully criminally liable for any such crime committed.

(2)  A person who fails to reasonably secure a firearm in their residence (permanent or temporary, owned or rented), vehicle, or on their person, so that a minor can access that firearm, shall be fully criminally liable for any such crime committed, reduced by one degree.

(3)  The term "reasonably secure" means measures reasonably available to secure a firearm, including but not limited to a locking safe or similar mechanism.

Tweak it as you want.  But make parents/other adults equally liable for murder when little Johnny uses the handgun they gave him to murder 4 classmates, you'll see them take this shit a lot more seriously.  And note, this isn't just for school shootings and such.  Leave a gun out so little Johnny uses it to commit armed robbery, same consequences.

These parents look like pieces of shit, thus far.

100% agree. 

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

parents are now missing per cnn 

If this is true.....seriously, we live in the worst fucking timeline with the worst fucking people.

When the giant meteor strikes -- and at this point, it is surely a matter of when, not "if" -- we can't even bitch.  We have it coming.

20 minutes ago, 2early4flapjacks? said:

Treat guns like cars.  You buy one, it is registered to you, you pay property taxes, registration, and inspection anually.  Must buy insurance that responds in the event someone is harmed, must have a license and training to legally operate.  If you sell it, title is transferred and taxes, insurance, etc. are paid.  If a car, I mean gun, registered to you is used in the commission of a crime, the cops are at your door and you have problems.  Better lock those things up.  And if you report it stolen but you still have it, problems.  Cars are sold with locks/keys, wtf?  Make gun owners bear the costs associated with their fetish.

I wish I could rep this more

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

maybe they'll brian laundrie themselves. 

Nope.  They are being politically persecuted.  Their prosecution is a WITCH HUNT, aimed at ending the 2nd amendment, as part of the War on Christmas, all of which could have been prevented if we would BUILD THE WALL.  Help with their costs of defense at Patrioteaglefreedomgofundme.com! 

2 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Parents are way, way worse than I thought. Holy shit.

But the fact the kid was allowed to go back to class with the things that had come to light -- just wow.

I think the school district/admins are potentially in a world of shit here.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Who did these parents vote for president in 2016 and 2020?  Just curious.

Ethan's mother posted an open letter praising DOTARD several years ago. In fact, she signed it with: "“A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting fucked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pussy.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ethan-crumbley-identified-as-oxford-high-school-michigan-mass-shooter

47 minutes ago, Pancho said:

parents are now missing per cnn 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

This country is pretty fucked up.  I’ve never had a gun, don’t care to shoot guns, nor do I feel the need to get one.  I get self defense, sure.  But I find it pretty funny that I have to go through 8 years of schooling, so many continuing education courses, maintain multiple licenses, and have to follow so much regulation to do simple medical procedures on patients.  Yet when it comes to something dangerous like guns, I can go to a gun show today in Texas and probably buy a semi-automatic rifle without anyone blinking an eye.  

This country isn’t interested in solving real world problems.  Everything is political.  I have a simple solution.  Allow basic rifles for hunting and very basic handguns.  You must go through a one year process of training, background checks, mental health check to obtain a handgun.  You have to take yearly courses to maintain the ability to keep your handgun.  You are limited in how many weapons you can buy.  Eliminate semi automatic rifles.  You don’t need one for self defense.  We’re not having a war here. 

I bet those 3 simple measures would drastically decrease shootings.  So there, you get to keep guns to protect yourself.  Anyone who finds those simple measures unreasonable probably shouldn’t be allowed to have a weapon that can take a life.

This is the correct answer.  This is absolutely 100% what we should do.  It's too simple and obvious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Sounds like the parents of the murderer as well as the school administrators are the ones in this case that need to recalibrate their risk assessment skills. 

Administrators, sure. Those murder enabling parents are right wingnuts, and as far as I have experienced interacting with others of their ilk, are immune to reason, ridicule risk assessment, and probably believe they did nothing wrong.

”LOL, learn how not to get caught.”

Edited by Willfully Horn
Spelling
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread