LBGTQ

Mo Horn

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Same here and I am clearly not going to watch two videos, so just tell me if I should be happy with or mad at him.

Happy. Surprisingly, the majority of the audience also seemed to support his message of acceptance and love for all.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Well, that ‘Take Off!” level Canuck accent is a negative several points.  But, yes. 

but the cynical intellectual in X-files is a positive times eleventy billion.

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

And the Dallas cowboys play in Arlington, what about it?

They both play in Arlington. They aren't Dallas teams. The only thing Dallas about the Cowboys now is the name. The Rangers at no time were ever the team of Dallas. So you ascribing hate to Dallas, a progressive Democrat stronghold is incredibly stupid, as my two pictures point out. So take your Dallas hate and shove it up your ass. 

Edited by mdmost

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

They both play in Arlington. They aren't Dallas teams. The only thing Dallas about the Cowboys now is the name. The Rangers at no time were ever the team of Dallas. So you ascribing hate to Dallas, a progressive Democrat stronghold is incredibly stupid, as my two pictures point out. So take your Dallas hate and shove it up your ass. 

I assumed he was referring to Arlington. Knowing only that it's a shitty place outside of the athletics complex, I have no doubt whatsoever that the vast majority of residents are boycotting Bud Light and and constantly monitoring public bathrooms just waiting for a situation to call the cops. 

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I assumed he was referring to Arlington. Knowing only that it's a shitty place outside of the athletics complex, I have no doubt whatsoever that the vast majority of residents are boycotting Bud Light and and constantly monitoring public bathrooms just waiting for a situation to call the cops. 

No, it was definitely Dallas he was referring to. Dallas was called the city of hate after JFK's assassination. And yes, you are correct. The owner of the Rangers is a conservative shitbag just like Jerry Jones is. The Mavs and Stars both celebrated Pride Month. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

So the fall out from these draconian nazi policies begins.

This is a friend of mine who was on track to get his child the life saving care he needed ar Dell children's hospital.  Then it got derailed by the Abbott Maga cocksucker gang in their crusade of cruelty causing a majority of the staff to quit.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/central-texas-toddler-seeks-life-saving-kidney-donor-after-transplant-center-shutdown#

That's awful for that family and others like them. I worry that there's going to be a FAAFO in Texas healthcare. We're already critically short of Primary care clinicians and RNs. When new grads start choosing to leave the state because of the policies that impact women's and children's healthcare, we're going to be in a world of hurt. What people are going to want to move here if you can't get healthcare due to a lack of clinicians?

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

So the fall out from these draconian nazi policies begins.

This is a friend of mine who was on track to get his child the life saving care he needed ar Dell children's hospital.  Then it got derailed by the Abbott Maga cocksucker gang in their crusade of cruelty causing a majority of the staff to quit.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/central-texas-toddler-seeks-life-saving-kidney-donor-after-transplant-center-shutdown#

rage.  pure rage.

Kidney donation has impacted my family and I have a soft spot for anyone going through the process.  And this is a fucking child just trying to live the life that he deserves.

If you vote GQP, you are a threat to a decent, functional society.

• Like 3

Sounds about right.

In more positive news:

Judge Strikes Down Arkansas Law Banning Gender Transition Care for Minors

A federal judge in Arkansas on Tuesday struck down the state’s law forbidding medical treatments for children and teenagers seeking gender transitions, blocking what had been the first in a wave of such measures championed by conservative lawmakers across the country.

The case had been closely watched as an important test of whether bans on transition care for minors, which have since been enacted by 19 other states, could withstand legal challenges being brought by activists and civil liberties groups. It is the first ruling to broadly block such a ban for an entire state, though judges have intervened to temporarily delay similar laws from going into effect.

In his 80-page ruling, Judge James M. Moody Jr. of Federal District Court in Little Rock said the law both discriminated against transgender people and violated the constitutional rights of doctors. He also said that the state of Arkansas had failed to substantially prove a number of its claims, including that the care was experimental or carelessly prescribed to teenagers.

“Rather than protecting children or safeguarding medical ethics, the evidence showed that the prohibited medical care improves the mental health and well-being of patients and that by prohibiting it, the state undermined the interests it claims to be advancing,” wrote Judge Moody, who was nominated by President Barack Obama.

“Further,” he wrote, “the various claims underlying the state’s arguments that the act protects children and safeguards medical ethics do not explain why only gender-affirming medical care — and all gender-affirming medical care — is singled out for prohibition.”

The challenge to the law, which was brought by the American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas and named several transgender children and a doctor as plaintiffs, argued that the ban violated transgender people’s constitutional rights to equal protection, parents’ rights to make appropriate medical decisions for their children and doctors’ rights to refer patients for medical treatments.

The decision was hailed as a significant victory for the L.G.B.T.Q. community, delivering a dose of certainty for transgender youth in Arkansas who had worried for nearly two years about losing access to puberty blockers and hormones. The ruling applies only to the Arkansas law, which Judge Moody had temporarily blocked just days before it was set to go into effect in July 2021.

Tim Griffin, the state’s attorney general, said he would appeal the decision, charging that the judge had overlooked concerns that the treatments were risky and unproven.

Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a Republican, backed the plans for an appeal, declaring that “this is not ‘care’ — it’s activists pushing a political agenda at the expense of our kids.”
Editors’ Picks
Meatballs in Tomato Sauce Get a Little Lighter
Malta, Land of Knights, Sailors and Rainbow Flags
The Best Place to Drink Is the Emptiest Bar in the City
Continue reading the main story

The case in Arkansas has drawn widespread notice because the decision is a first on an issue that legal scholars say will be percolating through the courts for years, and could rise as high as the Supreme Court. “This is the beginning of what is likely going to be a significant, multistate national litigation battle over transgender rights,” said Joshua M. Silverstein, a law professor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

The Arkansas law aimed to prevent doctors from administering hormone therapy or puberty blockers to transgender people younger than 18, and also barred gender transition surgeries. Doctors who provide transition care could lose their licenses or be subject to civil litigation under the law. They also would not be allowed to refer patients out of state for such care, and private insurers could refuse to cover transgender care for patients of any age.

The law’s authors argued that it was necessary because “the risks of gender transition procedures far outweigh any benefit at this stage of clinical study on these procedures.”

But opponents said that reasoning defied the position taken by much of the medical establishment, including the American Medical Association, which has criticized such bans as government intrusion into treatments that are medically necessary. Experts say that withholding gender transition care can carry dangerous consequences, including worsening distress for young people who already have a heightened risk of mental disorders and suicide.

The Williams Institute, an L.G.B.T.Q. research organization based at the law school of the University of California, Los Angeles, estimates that there are 1,800 transgender youths in Arkansas. In Little Rock, the Gender Spectrum Clinic at Arkansas Children’s Hospital serves fewer than 300 patients; it does not perform surgical procedures for gender transitions.

Judge Moody, who was overwhelmingly confirmed by the Senate in 2014, repeatedly cited the scientific evidence outlined by the law’s opponents, as well as the hours of testimony from doctors and transgender children and their families that described the painstaking decision-making process before beginning transition care.

“There is no evidence that the Arkansas health care community is throwing caution to the wind when treating minors with gender dysphoria,” he wrote, adding that “the state has failed to prove that its interests in the safety of Arkansas adolescents from gender transitioning procedures or the medical community’s ethical decline are compelling, genuine or even rational.”

The legislation had initially been vetoed by the governor at the time, Asa Hutchinson, a striking rebuke from a Republican who dismissed it as “well intentioned” but “off course.” But the veto was overridden by the legislature’s Republican supermajority.

Mr. Hutchinson, now a Republican presidential candidate who has cast himself as a traditional conservative alternative to former President Donald J. Trump, has stood by the veto, arguing that the law interfered with parents’ rights to decide what was best for their children.

The criticism has not daunted lawmakers eager to cut off minors’ access to gender transition treatments; some states have included even more restrictive measures than Arkansas’s in their bans. Alabama, for instance, passed a law that criminalizes the administration of transition care, threatening providers with up to 10 years in prison.

The laws are part of a broader campaign by Republican legislators who have zeroed in on issues of gender and identity. The lawmakers have pursued legislation that excludes transgender students from participating in school sports, forces them to use restrooms and locker rooms that align with the gender listed on their birth certificates and restricts what can be taught in classrooms about gender identity and sexual orientation.

Last month, Nebraska became one of the latest states to add restrictions on transition care for minors, and in Texas, Gov. Greg Abbott signed legislation to make the state the largest to ban hormone and puberty-blocking treatments, as well as surgeries, for transgender children. A law signed in May by Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida went further, requiring adults seeking gender transition care to sign consent forms written by the state medical board and prohibiting nurse practitioners and physician assistants from prescribing hormone treatments for adult transgender patients.

But the legislation has prompted a corresponding flurry of legal challenges. In Alabama, a federal judge stopped the state from enforcing parts of a law that make it a felony to prescribe hormones or puberty-blocking medication while the court challenge continues. And in Florida, a federal judge recently issued a lacerating reproach of that state’s law, writing that the families suing over the ban were “likely to prevail” in their argument that it was unconstitutional and that “the rules were an exercise in politics, not good medicine.”

In Arkansas, Ms. Sanders, a Republican who succeeded Mr. Hutchinson, signed a bill in March that significantly expanded patients’ abilities to sue medical providers of transition care. Under the law, which goes into effect this summer, a patient would have a window of 15 years after turning 18 to take legal action; typically in Arkansas, a person has two years after an injury to pursue medical malpractice claims.

That legislation came as the state waited for Judge Moody’s decision. In a trial that included eight days of testimony, he heard from witnesses for the state who questioned the health consequences of transition treatments, as well as the scientific data cited in support of such care.

There was also testimony from transgender children and the doctors who worked with them, who described the transformative benefit of care that was administered responsibly and with a foundation of extensive medical evidence. At least one teenager testified that the realistic alternative would be leaving Arkansas.

“I’m so grateful the judge heard my experience of how this health care has changed my life for the better and saw the dangerous impact this law could have on my life and that of countless other transgender people,” said Dylan Brandt, a transgender teenager

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Elon Musk Decrees That Twitter Will Consider “Cisgender” a Slur

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/elon-musk-decrees-twitter-consider-165204527.html

Elon Musk has declared the terms “cisgender” and “cis” to be “slurs” on Twitter, the latest in a series of escalating anti-transgender policies since the billionaire’s takeover of the site.

Musk wrote on Twitter early Wednesday morning that “repeated, targeted harassment against any account” would be punished with a suspension. He then declared, “The words ‘cis’ or ‘cisgender’ are considered slurs on this platform.” Musk, who handed over CEO duties to former NBCUniversal executive Linda Yaccarino in May, did not specify whether his post constituted a new policy announcement or if it had already been adopted.

Musk’s statement was written in reply to James Esses, a former psychotherapy student who has become a popular speaker and writer among “gender critical” anti-trans activists, like the so-called LGB Alliance. (Esses is also the co-founder of “Thoughtful Therapists,” an activist group that advocates “exploratory therapy,” which medical experts warn is merely conversion therapy by another name.)

On Monday, Esses wrote on Twitter that he “reject the label of cis” because he does not believe in “gender ideology,” and that he considers anyone referring to him with the label a “bigot.” The following day, Esses reported that he had received “a slew of messages [...] calling me ‘cissy’ and telling me that I am ‘cis’ ‘whether or not I like it.’”

“Just imagine if the roles were reversed,” Esses added. Musk replied to Esses the following day assuring him that such terms were considered slurs on Twitter.

Yet Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube still scored low on GLAAD’s annual Social Media Safety Index.

Of course, we don’t really need to “imagine” the roles being reversed. Cis people tell trans folks every day that our lived genders aren’t real and don’t matter. That is especially evident on Twitter, which in April removed its ban on misgendering and deadnaming from the site’s hateful conduct policy. Musk has also spent recent months following and promoting anti-trans extremism, including the Matt Walsh-produced propaganda film What Is a Woman?

It’s small wonder that GLAAD recently found Twitter to be the least safe social media platform for LGBTQ+ people, behind even Facebook, everyone’s least favorite melting pot of bigoted boomer memes. Between the increasing hostility toward queer people and the fact that nothing seems to work right anymore, if you haven’t migrated off Twitter entirely, it's time to start packing your bags.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
wtf formatting
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Musk is an idiot.

Found this interesting, from the person who coined the term:

It saddens me to hear that people feel harmed by the word cisgender. Is the creation of the word to blame? No. Cisgender is just a straw man. It is easier to attack a word than to address the reasons people feel intimidated by discussions of gender identity. The word is a threat because it linguistically separates biological sex from socially constructed categories of “woman” and “man.” That gender is a social construction undermines heteronormativity, critical to defending patriarchal sex roles and procreation. It is not surprising that those who have garnered dominance and privilege from traditional gender roles feel threatened and compelled to lash out. These ideas are not new. But the word cisgender repackages them in a way that is more potent and visceral.”

https://www.yahoo.com/now/coined-term-cisgender-29-years-133028924.html

• Hook 'Em 1

I guess I should have included this paragraph, too:

I knew that in chemistry, molecules with atoms grouped on the same side are labeled with the Latin prefix “cis–,” while molecules with atoms grouped on opposite sides are referred to as “trans–.” So, cisgender. It seemed like a no-brainer. I had no idea that hitting “enter” on that post would start an etymological time bomb ticking”

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Okay look, gay sex talk aside...it was my understanding there would be no Chemistry.

That’s what she said.

Erase transgender from the lexicon and we are just women then we can drop cisgender too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1