• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

Why do they call them stingrays?

Brings to mind a conversation I had the other day, wherein I realized that I’ve been stung by every damned stinging critter in texas….except a stingray (knock on all the wood). As I understand, even a smaller jab like that guy got hurts like an absolute motherfucker.

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

I can't tell if his cameraman friend is trolling him.

/parenttalkingtokidvoice

"Did he bite it? Huh? Did he bite your finger?" 

Brings to mind a conversation I had the other day, wherein I realized that I’ve been stung by every damned stinging critter in texas….except a stingray (knock on all the wood). As I understand, even a smaller jab like that guy got hurts like an absolute motherfucker.
Ex cop neighbor said he'd been stung by a stingray and shot with a 45. If he had to choose one to happen again he'd go with the 45.

My brother went through hell when he was stung.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Ex cop neighbor said he'd been stung by a stingray and shot with a 45. If he had to choose one to happen again he'd go with the 45.

My wife stepped on one when and got hit on the ankle.  She's got a pretty high pain tolerance and it was clear she was in agony.  For future reference, the hospital filled a bucket with hot ass water, like 120 F and put her foot in it and it was instantaneous relief.  The heat breaks the toxin down.  If you get stung get whatever is stung in some hot water and you're good.

• Hook 'Em 9

26 minutes ago, Felix said:

My wife stepped on one when and got hit on the ankle.  She's got a pretty high pain tolerance and it was clear she was in agony.  For future reference, the hospital filled a bucket with hot ass water, like 120 F and put her foot in it and it was instantaneous relief.  The heat breaks the toxin down.  If you get stung get whatever is stung in some hot water and you're good.

You’re supposed to piss on her foot. Duh. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah when my brother got hit we immediately filled a bucket from water pump indicator stream ie the pisser on the outboard motot and that brought huge relief on the ride back in. He would wake up and have to soak it that night every few hours. The bigger problem was he waited to go to the Dr, as hes a dude, then went to a shitty clinic that didnt know the first thing about stingray attacks and got an infection that was hard to resolve and a bit scary especially as he was just in his twenties. High fever, return of pain, necrotic tissue. Sucked.

Apply hot water right awat and Go to a good doctor or hospital just to be sure.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I got smacked by two Jellyfish on my legs when I took a girlfriend fishing whilst catching bait. Pretty nasty welps, and I got the shakes and turned pale, so she asked is she should pee on me to help. That shit doesn't work but I entertained the idea for the lulz.

I did have old school meat tenderizer on board, that we've carried for years, and that was a life safer.

I did end up fucking her bent over the leaning post the next day. Her rod went off mid-coitus we finished up in a bit and reeled in a nice slot redfish.

While we are on amateur First Aid, vinegar on fire ants is very helpful. The sooner the better as it neutralizes the venom. I get huge welps otherwise.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Freaking black wasp stung me tonight. I was showing my wife something on the front porch and that sucker swooped in like a kamikaze and nailed me on my left pinkie. Felt like I’d been shot. When I ice it, it’s fine, but as soon as the ice is off, it feels like a red hot poker. What the hell?!?

• Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Felix said:

Hot water is the key.  Got as you can stand.

14 hours ago, Born to Run said:

I call bullshit.  Been stung.  Never been shot with a 45.  Logic tells me 45 is a tad bit worse.

11 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Hot piss helps

5 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Yeah when my brother got hit we immediately filled a bucket from water pump indicator stream ie the pisser on the outboard motot and that brought huge relief on the ride back in. He would wake up and have to soak it that night every few hours. The bigger problem was he waited to go to the Dr, as hes a dude, then went to a shitty clinic that didnt know the first thing about stingray attacks and got an infection that was hard to resolve and a bit scary especially as he was just in his twenties. High fever, return of pain, necrotic tissue. Sucked.

Apply hot water right awat and Go to a good doctor or hospital just to be sure.

Yup

4 hours ago, Born to Run said:

I got smacked by two Jellyfish on my legs when I took a girlfriend fishing whilst catching bait. Pretty nasty welps, and I got the shakes and turned pale, so she asked is she should pee on me to help. That shit doesn't work but I entertained the idea for the lulz.

I did have old school meat tenderizer on board, that we've carried for years, and that was a life safer.

I did end up fucking her bent over the leaning post the next day. Her rod went off mid-coitus we finished up in a bit and reeled in a nice slot redfish.

While we are on amateur First Aid, vinegar on fire ants is very helpful. The sooner the better as it neutralizes the venom. I get huge welps otherwise.

You too?

10 hours ago, nnm said:

Freaking black wasp stung me tonight. I was showing my wife something on the front porch and that sucker swooped in like a kamikaze and nailed me on my left pinkie. Felt like I’d been shot. When I ice it, it’s fine, but as soon as the ice is off, it feels like a red hot poker. What the hell?!?

It could’ve been a lot worse if the wasp had stung you on what you were showing to your wife.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Had a friend get hit while fishing and they were a 25 minute boat ride from the ramp. His ER nurse wife dumped bait buckets of hot water from the outboard on it until they could make it back.
  • Hook 'Em 1