Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Highlights after the best night's sleep I've had in a while

1. Sanders bullying the two OU defenders on his TD grab. They hit him and he just chuckled as they bounced off and he got in the endzone.

2. 3rd quarter, Xavier Worthy made a cross body lean while jumping in the air to grab a pass Ewers tossed a little too far to his left. Just a beautiful grab.

3. 2nd quarter, Bijan had a cut that just destroyed the OU defender who thought he had him. Bijan was on another level yesterday.

4. The seal blocks that Whittington and Worthy had which allowed Keilan Robinson to just curve around the OU defense for his TD. 

5. The ropes Ewers was throwing including one that went right through the OU defender's outstretched arms. A QB throw version of splitting the uprights. Outside of the odd duck INT, he was just tossing dimes all over the field. The kid is a talent and you can see the confidence in not only the team when he's in there but the coaching staff as well. 

6. Sark's schemes were on the money. We were in section 112 which is a tiny sliver section where the new part of the upper deck starts. It was a great vantage point to watch all the motion and the plays develop. Sark really is a phenomenal play caller. 

7. The uptempo was great and never allowed OU to get fully set or react to what we were doing. Sark really stepped on their throats and didn't let up. 

8. PK's defense adjusted to what OU was doing and shut it down. Took a few quarters but he shut down the Wing T that OU was running and OU quit. 

9. Victory Cheddar Fries at Snuffers were finally had after a 3 year absence. 

I’m not being critical of the performance at all, but we didn’t attempt or hit any deep balls, and watching on TV it seemed like the times we were setting one up and had time, Quinn didn’t let it fly. Was the OU secondary taking away the deep stuff schematically?

4 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I’m not being critical of the performance at all, but we didn’t attempt or hit any deep balls, and watching on TV it seemed like the times we were setting one up and had time, Quinn didn’t let it fly. Was the OU secondary taking away the deep stuff schematically?

Yeah, I noticed the lack of deep balls. I can only speculate that Sark saw that OU was going to play a possession game running the ball and wanted to do something to keep his defense off the field. So no deep shots. OU gave us the middle of the field all day. Plus, I bet it was a bit of not giving Quinn extra shots to get hit combined with a bit of rust. I kept waiting for a deep ball that never came. And that's how big of a blowout it was when we were just getting chunks against them at a time passing the ball. Just a masterful performance by Quinn. I only go to Texas OU now but this reminded me a lot of those early September games when I had season tickets and we'd play Rice and New Mexico State which didn't require that much to get a nice win. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Yes, they were playing 3 safeties high. Quinn also wasn't seeing the middle of the field deep well, likely because of OU's strategy. Brennan Thompson was wide open on a couple of plays. Sarkisian schemed him open on the play where Ewers threw to Worthy out of the back of the EZ.

Ewers left some meat on the bone, but it will get better with more reps and defenses that try to take away the running game with safeties in the box. 

This will likely look a lot like the game plan for ISU next week with their rush 3 and drop 8 in coverage. Quick passes with elite playmakers in space.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, I noticed the lack of deep balls. I can only speculate that Sark saw that OU was going to play a possession game running the ball and wanted to do something to keep his defense off the field. So no deep shots. OU gave us the middle of the field all day. Plus, I bet it was a bit of not giving Quinn extra shots to get hit combined with a bit of rust. I kept waiting for a deep ball that never came. And that's how big of a blowout it was when we were just getting chunks against them at a time passing the ball. Just a masterful performance by Quinn. 

Yea, we had long sustained drives that really kept our defense fresh. With a QB like Card or Thompson last year, big strike 1-2 play drives like we had last year are great because they can’t be trusted to sustain a 4-5 min scoring drive of 9-12 plays.  But put our defense back on the field immediately. 

I thought our game plan to methodically drive down the field over and over with Ewers moving the chains really just slow bled OU’s defense 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Ewers seems to favor Worthy on the deep balls. He was double covered for most of the day. That's why Whit and Sanders caught so many balls. Send Worthy deep, send Whit and Sanders under his route. The last TD to Sanders, the safety followed Worthy to the right of the end zone and Sanders ran his route to the middle of the end zone where the safety was. As is said up thread that shit was there all day. 

Ewers does need to spread the love but it's hard to go away from those 3 when they run great routes and catch the ball.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

About to leave from the Sheraton. This is OU central and the Sooners are sooooo quiet. Wife and I got on an elevator filled with Sooners and I yelled "Texas!" They couldn't even respond, just dejected. 

Lol. You’re that asshole huh?  Good work. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, mdmost said:

4. The seal blocks that Whittington and Worthy had which allowed Keilan Robinson to just curve around the OU defense for his TD. 

Whittington putting his man on the fucking ground on that block may have been my favorite play so far this season.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

So my girlfriend text me around 11 pm how drunk are you on a scale of 1-10?  I answer 6 cause of course.   I go so are you like 15-30 minutes away?  She says 30.  (She lied). I’m like cool I’m out of drink at the house I can get one drink at the bar a block away before She gets here.   I go get my one drink talk to some friends and look at my timer, 12.25 minutes left, I’m good!   I walk up the stairs to my condo and Bounce off the walls on the way up and hear a knocking, she’s already knocking on my door and sees me bouncing off the rails from side to side and goes I’m going home.  I’m like wtf?!  She walks inside looks at me and goes I’m leaving..,  I said Texas won 49-0 wtf?!?!  She wasn’t impressed and left lol.  

She's already experienced your whiskey dick. And was not impressed.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Yes. They dropped a safety or two really deep to take away the vertical stuff, which is why Quinn was able to hit those intermediate to deep crossers all day. Their pass coverage was actually really solid, Quinn just saw windows two steps ahead like a Jedi.

It was even more impressive watching it in person. His vision is a+ and his arm talent is a++. 

About to leave from the Sheraton. This is OU central and the Sooners are sooooo quiet. Wife and I got on an elevator filled with Sooners and I yelled "Texas!" They couldn't even respond, just dejected. 
We're in Kerrville this weekend for the MIL's birthday (no pics). After the game we had to run to HEB (it was open) for a few things. Wife and I are both wearing burnt orange. As we're walking back to the car this crypt keeper looking woman in a Boomer Sooner t-shirt walking the opposite direction waves at us to get our attention then throws the Horns down. She was about 20' away. My wife and I just looked at each other, laughed & shook our heads. She either yelled "lucky win" or "fuck your win" as we continued to our car. One of the most bizarre experiences I've ever had with someone from another fan base.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Grades for the OUsux game

image.thumb.png.ad59ea162c6d8fa2b5822633102c58ee.png

image.thumb.png.76606f8ad1002ec35c2246fba7bfb1ac.png

Hutson and Majors continue to be huge liabilities. It’s a shame we can’t replace at least one of them with Angilau. Edge continued to be a huge weakness on D and Jaylan Ford seems to vacillate between great and terrible games. 

Otherwise, our team is playing at a high level and guys seem to be improving throughout the year. Banks just keeps getting better and Jones has been consistently good. Our DTs are absolutely dominant. 

54 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

They left safeties high all game, which is why the intermediate throws were so wide open. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

We're in Kerrville this weekend for the MIL's birthday (no pics). After the game we had to run to HEB (it was open) for a few things. Wife and I are both wearing burnt orange. As we're walking back to the car this crypt keeper looking woman in a Boomer Sooner t-shirt walking the opposite direction waves at us to get our attention then throws the Horns down. She was about 20' away. My wife and I just looked at each other, laughed & shook our heads. She either yelled "lucky win" or "fuck your win" as we continued to our car. One of the most bizarre experiences I've ever had with someone from another fan base.

If that cow had actually bothered to watch the game, there was nothing "lucky" about it.  It was like watching my high school (which won all of FIVE GAMES in the four years I went there) taking on the Tom Brady-led New England Patriots.  Just a complete mismatch.

I really don't think OU's talent differential is all that much versus ours, but they were hampered by a new scheme, and really bad coaching and playcalling.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

1. Sanders bullying the two OU defenders on his TD grab. They hit him and he just chuckled as they bounced off and he got in the endzone.

2. 3rd quarter, Xavier Worthy made a cross body lean while jumping in the air to grab a pass Ewers tossed a little too far to his left. Just a beautiful grab.

3. 2nd quarter, Bijan had a cut that just destroyed the OU defender who thought he had him. Bijan was on another level yesterday.

5. The ropes Ewers was throwing including one that went right through the OU defender's outstretched arms. A QB throw version of splitting the uprights. Outside of the odd duck INT, he was just tossing dimes all over the field. The kid is a talent and you can see the confidence in not only the team when he's in there but the coaching staff as well. 

6. Sark's schemes were on the money. We were in section 112 which is a tiny sliver section where the new part of the upper deck starts. It was a great vantage point to watch all the motion and the plays develop. Sark really is a phenomenal play caller. 

7. The uptempo was great and never allowed OU to get fully set or react to what we were doing. Sark really stepped on their throats and didn't let up. 

8. PK's defense adjusted to what OU was doing and shut it down. Took a few quarters but he shut down the Wing T that OU was running and OU quit. 

He had 3 god awful throws the first drive of the game he just missed the read entirely. The wounded duck INT and that should have been an INT had the Sooner DB not had bricks for hands.

With that said I will gladly take the 3 bad throws per game if they are juxtaposed against the great throws.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

10. OU Sucks

8 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I am too lazy to go back into this thread and dig up the answer, but on the fake field goal, should t it have been called back as the holder’s knee was on the ground when he made the pass?

No, there is a specific exception for holders in a scrimmage kick formation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I am too lazy to go back into this thread and dig up the answer, but on the fake field goal, should t it have been called back as the holder’s knee was on the ground when he made the pass?

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

No, there is a specific exception for holders in a scrimmage kick formation.

Cool. Thanks for that reply. I was wondering this yesterday and brought it up to the other guys at Lavaca, but none of us had the answer.

Edited by BillyGoatHill