Texas vs iowa state - 11am on ABC

Pancho

33 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

After being spoiled by the incredibly good DB techniques of players coached by Akina, it does raise questions about Joseph’s coaching ability. Although it was nice to see several times that ISU receivers were tackled immediately after catching a ball. 

The zone coverage is dog shit but the tackling after the catch has improved considerably.  I guess that's progress 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Ovie and Sorrell are not D1 caliber defensive ends

Give Sorrell time, I think he can be something. He's only a sophomore. Coburn took 4 years to develop into something serviceable, so I wouldn't give up on Sorrell yet. He's shown flashes. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Oghoufo is horrible. So, frustrating to see him run into the OT on his side play after play. Doing absolutely nothing to affect the play.

I know everyone hates this defense, but our safeties are trash, any LB on the field is a liability except Ford since we are now using Overshown as an edge, and we can generate no pass rush from our edges. It's hard to do anything consistent with those limitations.

That explains Johnson's 2nd and 3rd effort to pick up that 1st down to win the game.

it also explains them hitting holes faster

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Not gonna lie, when he dropped that my first thought was now we won’t have enough time left after they score to try to win the game. 

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Careful--sounds like a challenge, and you know goldfish got them sweet, dick-sucking lips ...

And they like to play koi

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Spencer said:

Actually, isu played like shit and gave the game away (well, and the refs).

The refs “missed” 3 or 4 obvious PI calls vs you guys but you and your whiny coach didn’t mention that somehow. Very honest of you.

And it was a forced fumble. You didn’t give anything away, we took it. Go cry a little.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Oghoufo is horrible. So, frustrating to see him run into the OT on his side play after play. Doing absolutely nothing to affect the play.

I know everyone hates this defense, but our safeties are trash, any LB on the field is a liability except Ford since we are now using Overshown as an edge, and we can generate no pass rush from our edges. It's hard to do anything consistent with those limitations.

That explains Johnson's 2nd and 3rd effort to pick up that 1st down to win the game.

He would've done it because he's a fucking football player.  He's whole career is 2nd and 3 effort.  I'd bet his whole life is.

Choice didn't have to say anything to him. 

• Hook 'Em 5

29 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Jesus Christ. So many pussy ass bitches on this board. Change your fucking tampons.

I’ll stand by my comment. Nothing pussy about it. We let the 81st ranked offense in college football have its way with us. It was evident it was coming when I made the post and proved to be 100% accurate.

The board largely spent the either convinced we’d mudhole or worried about their defense. Reality was different - competent coach saw our defensive weaknesses and exploited them. Offense had plenty there and struggled to execute…not because ISU defense is the greatest ever. Just a super flat performance outside of hero ball from bijan and rojo.

We’ve played down to UTSA, Tech and now ISU. I’ll continue to believe this is who sark is until he proves me wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

30 minutes ago, Scholz said:
3 hours ago, Spencer said:

Actually, isu played like shit and gave the game away (well, and the refs).

The refs “missed” 3 or 4 obvious PI calls vs you guys but you and your whiny coach didn’t mention that somehow. Very honest of you.

And it was a forced fumble. You didn’t give anything away, we took it. Go cry a little.

And it wasn't targeting either. I'm all out of reps so I'll just say great post.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, MH BEVO said:

I saw over on r/CFB that Campbell was screaming at our players post game. Also with RoJos “5 star win” tweet it seems things were getting spicy.

If I were Campbell, who passed up potentially several major program offers as HC to then go 0-4 in conference play at Iowa state I’d be ornery too.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

The way you old geezers on here crave younger women, y’all don’t think yalls wives are craving 30 yr old brown skin men like me. I get eye fucked at the games by 40-50 yr olds who I assume some of y’all call wives. Our DL sucks, our DBs can’t defend, our OL has no pride in blocking for Bijan and Ewers has a lot more mistakes to be made. Oh and Sark gets figured out at halftime every game. I wish we’d throw the sink at Rhule. 

• Haha 1

I had to leave when it was 7-0 and Texas looked asleep and behind lethargic and just now getting to see the score/highlights. I’m shocked they won this game. This would’ve been a loss the last 8 seasons. They should’ve lost today - thanks for that wide open pass drop!

Lots of fix. Pokie is a terrible matchup for this team. 

51 minutes ago, MH BEVO said:

I saw over on r/CFB that Campbell was screaming at our players post game. Also with RoJos “5 star win” tweet it seems things were getting spicy.

You could see it on the broadcast on our last series running out the clock Someone must have barked at him because he yelled something like "Shut the fuck up bitch".

4 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I had to leave when it was 7-0 and Texas looked asleep and behind lethargic and just now getting to see the score/highlights. I’m shocked they won this game. This would’ve been a loss the last 8 seasons. They should’ve lost today - thanks for that wide open pass drop!

Lots of fix. Pokie is a terrible matchup for this team. 

Spotted us 2 TO close to the end zone too. Sometimes it’s good to be lucky. We’ve damn sure been on the other side of these games so getting a fortunate win?  No fucks given. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

All hail noted alpha male pearlandhorn, for his strength and toughness on the keyboard surely willed the beleaguered Longhorns to victory!

I mean sure but forecasting a 49-0 loss was absolutely a spectacularly bitchmade post on your part. You can admit that now, right? 

8 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

ISU fans are taking this loss hard man…

Big 12 Officiating Crew Demonstrates that Incompetence Knows No Bounds - Wide Right & Natty Lite - SBNation

Let’s get to it. Iowa State has a 1st down with 2:30 left on the Texas 30 yard line and Hunter Dekkers keeps the ball on a read option. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. He was targeted by a Texas player and that is why the ball popped free. By AKeeney - AKA Little Bitch at Wide Right & Natty Lite

Sad Season 4 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

couldn't have said it better about Ovie. Dude is not even FCS good, he's beyond horrible, and that should tell you how awful the other ends are (not Sorrell, he's a soph), and the others are frosh, which would probably be an upgrade even if they don't know the playbook. He's just that bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well that wrnl guy isn’t very smart or perceptive. 

1) it was obvious by how the officials reacted that they ruled it a fumble recovered by Texas. There were no whistles or officials pointing to the ground indicating down by contact, they marked the ball where the ball was recovered, and signaled first down Texas. If the referee misspoke when announcing the review then that’s where the mistake was made. 

2) he didn’t hit him in the face. Conclusive video proof shows where and how he hit him. Which was very hard, and in the shoulder. 

3) the review was not “CONFIRMED” it was allowed to stand as called. 

• Hook 'Em 2