2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:
House results by district

Districts
Front-runnersVote count
Vote %

add the two together and you get 295,367.  There should be 20,676 votes left to count.  He leads by 3,500ish votes so she needs 13,838 of the remaining 20,676 (67% of the remaining votes).  If what's left is early votes or city votes he's probably good.  If it's country dumbass votes, there might be a problem.

Do I have that right?

IDK. Does the % represent votes counted/outstanding or precincts reporting?  

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So, all of this gruntles the hell out of me.  Yay, sanity!

However, I've got two concerns now, and I'm sure they've occurred to many of you as well:

1. The election rigging shit is about to go into overdrive and probably some people are going to get hurt.

2. The apparent rejection of Trump leaves a power vacuum and the people who created Trumpism are going to fill it, with what monster now...?

Desantis. Last night was a huge wake up call for a lot of Republicans. Unsurprisingly, Mitch had it right the whole way. He usually does. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

IDK. Does the % represent votes counted/outstanding or precincts reporting?  

% reporting isn't an exact number. It usually refers to precincts and not voters. After all, since they haven't counted the votes, they don't know how many votes there are to count.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

Desantis will promise trump no jail time and pardon for his support, every family member etc. How it will play out 

The GOP Civil War will need to get Trump to privately concede to DeSantis. Even if big money donors are moving to DeSantis, there are still many GOP politicians that will not want to risk pissing off Trump if he's not agreeing to being pushed to the side.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

% reporting isn't an exact number. It usually refers to precincts and not voters. After all, since they haven't counted the votes, they don't know how many votes there are to count.

What I thought. And precincts may vary somewhat in population and traffic I presume, so not sure if it’s a good proxy for total outstanding votes for an exercise like this.  But assuming it’s not too far off, are there lots of areas in her district that she won 65% or higher?

3 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Desantis will promise trump no jail time and pardon for his support, every family member etc. How it will play out 

Yup, something along those lines. I guess we'll find out how seriously Trump is taking the lawsuits and indictments coming his way. If he opts not to run and give up his rockstar status, it's because he knows that he may need that pardon.

33 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

SIAP, but Josh Shapiro is Jewish Obama. Listen to this cadence:

I listened to clips of this on NPR or some pinko podcast that Reenforces my beliefs.

I initially thought they had Obama at the rally and he was horse or something.

Funny.

Hope and Chutzpah 

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Desantis. It's always been Desantis. I've been saying for two years that the real money behind the Republican party has moved on from Trump to a more suburban palatable version. This all but makes it official.

Good thing trump is going to Leroy Jenkins their best laid plans.

Yeah, DeSantis is the one who makes sense, and maybe the vitriol inside the party will get so bad that DeSantis won't even pardon Trump and his crew.  That would be a nice silver lining.  But at the end of the day, DeSantis will be just another puppet for the Bannon/Miller/Mnuchin/etc cabal, and DeSantis will understand that better than Trump ever did, which might actually make him even more dangerous.

But I also mean longer term when I say what monster are they going to create?  Trump may have been rebuked, but the heavily armed horde of people they've brainwashed into not trusting intellectuals and fearing foreigners and all of that, those people are still out there and still riled up.  I'm concerned about the possibility of a true fascist leader filling the vacuum.  Is that DeSantis?  Or the guy after him?  I feel like the next 2 to 10 years are gonna be a very dangerous time, in spite of this welcome election result.  

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

When Palin announced for the AK rep seat, I wrongly assumed that she would be able to win relatively easily. I would never want to vote for someone that quit on the voters in the past, and presumably enough AK republicans felt the same.

Palin better have saved up enough money from Dancing with the Star or the Masked Singer because she's 100% dead weight in the GOP now. I don't even think anyone would want her endorsement much less appearance.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m wondering if Ds doing a little better than they thought makes them realize 24 is there for the taking. But Ds need some changes
- Pelosi needs to retire
- Make Abrams something within the party as she’s good at getting people to get out and vote
- make Fetterman’s social media team the Ds national social media team
- Punch boebert in the tits
- what else…?

Keep pressing on abortion. Exploit wedges in the GOP base in the coming Trump vs Desantis dogfight, and keep the true Trump cultists home. Point out that a very narrow GOP House majority is basically holding the country hostage with obstructionism (because they will, McCarthy won’t allow votes on compromise bills).

And probably most importantly, and least in their control, economy needs to have a relatively soft landing and be on a decent trajectory two years from now.

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’m wondering if Ds doing a little better than they thought makes them realize 24 is there for the taking. But Ds need some changes

- Pelosi needs to retire

- Make Abrams something within the party as she’s good at getting people to get out and vote

- what else…?

Pelosi is probably done after what happened to her husband. Spend the next 2 years grooming leadership. Hakeem Jeffries should be leading the Dems now

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

SIAP, but Josh Shapiro is Jewish Obama. Listen to this cadence:

heard his speech last night and wondered what his background was. he can speak

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

- Pelosi needs to retire

- what else…?

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

image.png.a8b031435ad881726bd6a1fc619a19c9.png

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, DeSantis is the one who makes sense, and maybe the vitriol inside the party will get so bad that DeSantis won't even pardon Trump and his crew.  That would be a nice silver lining.  But at the end of the day, DeSantis will be just another puppet for the Bannon/Miller/Mnuchin/etc cabal, and DeSantis will understand that better than Trump ever did, which might actually make him even more dangerous.

Trump is the worst person to hold the office by miles.  I'll roll the dice on whatever is next.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Trump is the worst person to hold the office by miles.  I'll roll the dice on whatever is next.  

Yes, but how "lucky" were he that he's a fucking idiot who surrounded himself with other fucking idiots?

Desantis will be in the keep and consolidate power business.

• Hook 'Em 2

My in-laws in KS are gonna lose their shit.  I've been trying to calmly tell them that their state is the perfect example of why this Red State v. Blue State narrative they've been told is complete bullshit.  It's rural/exurban v. urban/suburban.  Less than a handful of counties just re-elected a centre-left Democrat because young people, people of color in Wichita, and women in the KC and Topeka areas voted for her.  

I wonder how many pills Trump is taking this morning.  He's got two plays left---bend over for DeSantis in the hopes he gets a pardon in 2025.  Or double-down on his significance, make people placate for his base, and declare that he and he alone can bring that ever-evasive Red Wave.  I don't see a third option.  Except prison.  

Edit---i don't how the fuck people listen to Colin Cowherd for sports, let alone politics.  He's an even dorkier Jim Rome.  I gave him a shot a few times on morning commutes, but I'm genuinely surprised he could shut the fuck up about Reggie Bush and LeBron James long enough to get out a political thought or two.

Edited by YGIFS

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

you know more about this than all of us, but what could that attack have to do with anything?

Well he was attacked in an attempt to target her and she’s 82. She’s heavily hinted this might be her last go around.  I’m also not 100% sure she keeps the gavel if Dems win the House, just because a lot of the young bloods in leadership (Jeffries, Clark, etc) want their turn and 2025 and beyond would be a Pelosi-less caucus 

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The GOP Civil War will need to get Trump to privately concede to DeSantis. Even if big money donors are moving to DeSantis, there are still many GOP politicians that will not want to risk pissing off Trump if he's not agreeing to being pushed to the side.

Offer a full pardon for Trump and his kids.  Throw in some narcissist juice like the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his “saving of America” and have Elon buy a company of Trump’s that makes him a real billionaire.  All he has to do is bend the knee to DeSantis.

Of course, Trump will still blow it all to smithereens.

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

- Pelosi needs to retire

- what else…?

Dems need Trump to stay in the race, even at the risk of Trump being re-elected. Dems need a national voice (not Biden) to goad Trump into staying in the race. Effectively paint him as a coward if he even thinks about not running.

For the way-too-early look at the 2024 senate races, the map is extremely bad for Dems. Most likely 0 opportunities for pickups and several red state incumbant Dems on the ticket. Dems do not need an united GOP. 

My in-laws in KS are gonna lose their shit.  I've been trying to calmly tell them that their state is the perfect example of why this Red State v. Blue State narrative they've been told is complete bullshit.  It's rural/exurban v. urban/suburban.  Less than a handful of counties just re-elected a centre-left Democrat because young people, people of color in Wichita, and women in the KC and Topeka areas voted for her.  
I wonder how many pills Trump is taking this morning.  He's got two plays left---bend over for DeSantis in the hopes he gets a pardon in 2025.  Or double-down on his significance, make people placate for his base, and declare that he and he alone can bring that ever-evasive Red Wave.  I don't see a third option.  Except prison.  

I think y’all are underestimating there devotion of the Trump cult and overestimating the IQ of those who vote in Republican primaries. Trump is going to have several months to himself in the field. There will be other candidates to siphon votes from the two of them early on. It will be a long, protracted, nasty 2024 primary. But it won’t be one like 2016 where Trump wind getting 30-40 percent of the vote because of the size of the field. It’ll be the Republican version of Clinton-Sanders, but more terrifying and more brutal.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

All he knows and every spec of his being will make him go hard to the paint.

He is going to run or not-run, run to extract all the blood from his Maga turnips.

He’s not going to bend over until it’s his only option.

But if De-sanctimonious can weather the storm, And beat trump (big if) trump will fold like a lawn chair and start sucking him off.

Big if.

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Kansas now has rejected Kobach, re-elected Laura Kelly, and has plain vanilla senators.  

Isn't Kobach winning their AG race? not quite the same as Gov or Senator but he keep hanging around. I assume he's hoping for that one year KS flips more red again.

21 minutes ago, Pancho said:

- Pelosi needs to retire

- what else…?

Throw Kari Lake off a cliff.

• Hook 'Em 2