Make a kid walk .5 mile home = child endangerment. We have lost our fucking minds.

crash_davis

49 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So was that going to be two different events?  Cancer then smiting?  Or was the cancer the tool through which God was going to smite?  And if the latter, why the fuck does God need cancer these days?  It used to be that He would fucking smite you directly with His own hand.  But now he outsources that shit to cancer?

Sounds like God has gotten lazy in His old age.

It was all rather abstract with the exception that it was going to go down exactly like an antique dealer she knew in Bruceville-Eddy that had passed away from cancer due to selling idols. So far I've been able to avoid cancer and most smiting.

1 hour ago, midtown said:

I live 3.1 miles from my ex.   My then 14 yr old son did not get ready to go back to his moms house in time and I had to leave to get an appointment.  I left.   Which includes two two lane 40mph+ streets.(Lockhill and Huebner if you know the area)  There are sidewalks and it was 4pm ish and told him to walk and he did. I texted his mom and let her know to expect him in about an hour.   He had his phone and his backpack.  It started sprinkling.  He wasn't late again and I think he gained a bit of confidence and indpendence.

That and his first blunt from the dude on the corner. 

1 -- that story sounds outrageous and stupid.
2 -- in my experience of seeing years of these "outrageous" stories, there is almost certainly more to the story that we're not getting, that makes it not as "absurd!  cut and dried!" as it seems.
I wouldn't doubt that there is dumbassery on the part of the cops and prosecution.  But there is also almost certainly some real dumbassery on the part of mom that we're not hearing about.

Sir. Waiting for the full details is NOT how we do things around here.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, midtown said:

I live 3.1 miles from my ex.   My then 14 yr old son did not get ready to go back to his moms house in time and I had to leave to get an appointment.  I left.   Which includes two two lane 40mph+ streets.(Lockhill and Huebner if you know the area)  There are sidewalks and it was 4pm ish and told him to walk and he did. I texted his mom and let her know to expect him in about an hour.   He had his phone and his backpack.  It started sprinkling.  He wasn't late again and I think he gained a bit of confidence and indpendence.

You ket him be exposed to transgender public bathrooms on his walk???   Fiend! 

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

There's some real satanic panic in Waco these days.  I'm sure it's all QAnon-adjacent.  But there are billboards all around Waco about sex trafficking ("Not in my town!").  It's just really weird that people in Waco think that their town is some hub for international sex trafficking.

As always, that town is just fucking nuts.

There are reasons to fear for your children in Waco.  I’ve heard tales of a vile and evil creature that stalks the woods lining the Brazos.  Waiting for the unsuspecting.  Hunting for their next victim.  And if you or your child finds yourself face to face with it someday, may God have mercy upon your anus.

2-D34-A3-AE-0-D2-F-47-DB-B9-B0-614-CB9-E

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Have at it. Cause No. 2021-1772-C2. Call up the McLennan District Clerk and ask for a copy of the indictment. It'll only cost you a few bucks, think $1 per page.

I ain't paying for the documents, but here's the docket. Nothing reflecting a guilty plea. Maybe deferred sentence pending community service? I would think that would be a separate docket entry, but maybe not. Either way, the article contains lies based solely on this docket sheet. In fact there was a motion to dismiss filed last month. You can't move for dismissal if you already plead guilty and were sentenced.

image.thumb.png.ae404e5b73d8db619d6f1551265adb39.png 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 'stache said:

I ain't paying for the documents, but here's the docket. Nothing reflecting a guilty plea. Maybe deferred sentence pending community service? Either way, the article contains lies based solely on this docket sheet.

It should be mandatory for journalists to link to the court documents or proceedings they put in an article 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

There's some real satanic panic in Waco these days.  I'm sure it's all QAnon-adjacent.  But there are billboards all around Waco about sex trafficking ("Not in my town!").  It's just really weird that people in Waco think that their town is some hub for international sex trafficking.

We are 100% seeing a "satanic panic" about child sex trafficking.  And yes, it is utterly infected with Qanon-ery.

"Over 800,000 kids go missing in the U.S. every year! Child sex trafficking is the REAL pandemic. #SaveTheChildren #SaveOurChildren #ChildLivesMatter #Pedogate #Pedowood"

And of course, like the past "satanic panic," this PLAGUE THAT IS INFECTING OUR COUNTRY! .....is almost exclusively found in dinky little towns.  Are child sex traffickers working in Houston or Dallas?  NOPE.  Waco.  Mineola.  Corsicana.  Oak Hill*.  THAT'S where Tom Hanks has sent his minions to kidnap kids for anal violation and adenochrome harvesting.  DUH!  DO THE RESEARCH!

*The McMartin preschool case, out of LA county, is the outlier here.  But it was part of the culmination of the satanic panic of 30+ years ago.

We are dumb.  We have only gotten dumber since then.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I ain't paying for the documents, but here's the docket. Nothing reflecting a guilty plea. Maybe deferred sentence pending community service? I would think that would be a separate docket entry, but maybe not. Either way, the article contains lies based solely on this docket sheet. In fact there was a motion to dismiss filed last month. You can't move for dismissal if you already plead guilty and were sentenced.

Methinks that she could likely turn this into a real run at the Texas House of Representatives if she wanted. 

1 minute ago, MeerkatBong said:

All you guys crapping on Waco, I'm telling you-- bought a crappy house and spruced it up as a short-term rental, and it's a cash cow. Have multiple friends STR'ing the crap out of Waco and it's glorious. Don't live there; exploit it.

You and your friends are enabling the child predators in their stays in Waco.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Ideally, you could pick what kind of goats arrive, but realistically it would have a be either live or completely processed. I'm not sure the optics of delivering a freshly slaughtered goat to a stranger are very good.

CSB: a few years ago, I went into Phoenicia grocery before some sort of Muslim holy day/observation.  There were flyers on the counter for a ranch near Manor selling goats.  They had prices starting on the high end at "butchered and packaged meat," then "goat -- cleaned and quartered," then "goat, cleaned," all the way down to -- not kidding here -- "kill your own -- must bring your own knives."  I was interested.....

31 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Maybe Netflix was just filming an Americanize version of “Old Enough”

I was hesitant to click, based on the title.  Very wholesome though. 

Man...... that Mineola case Brisket referenced above. Still a fucking travesty. Lives ruined, and no consequences for all the shenanigans as far as I ever heard. 

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

What are your thoughts on "I hired an attorney but agreed to destroy my entire life because I didn't know my rights."?

For those who don't know, and this is very important, lots of attorneys are really fucking stupid and don't know what they're doing.  Perhaps you haven't heard, but even aggy has a law school now.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

For those who don't know, and this is very important, lots of attorneys are really fucking stupid and don't know what they're doing.  Perhaps you haven't heard, but even aggy has a law school now.

Well, and her reciting what would have been an accurate statement by an attorney ("these charges carry a maximum sentence and fine of X") means....what, exactly?  If she took that as "welp, I have no choice but to take the deal," that's on her.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Well, and her reciting what would have been an accurate statement by an attorney ("these charges carry a maximum sentence and fine of X") means....what, exactly?  If she took that as "welp, I have no choice but to take the deal," that's on her.

Of course. I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to shit on aggy though.  And as an attorney who may or may not be really fucking stupid, it's also my bar given right to shit on attorneys.  :) 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yep, their kids re more likely to be molested by somebody they know - a relative or neighbor or a coach or religious figure than be trafficked out of Waco.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Speaking of, I'm thinking of starting a site called goat fund me where you can raise money to have goats delivered to a person of your choosing.

55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cleaned and dressed, ready to roast/grill?   I'm listening......

This thread probably has Steel Shank thinking about some cabrito.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Oh, not recently, Clark.  They recently read that goats were high in cholesterol.

"Goat's 63.8 milligrams of cholesterol per 3-ounce serving is considerably less than beef and pork's 73.1 milligrams and chicken's 76 milligrams per serving."

https://www.hatandheart.com/goat-meat

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

CSB: a few years ago, I went into Phoenicia grocery before some sort of Muslim holy day/observation.  There were flyers on the counter for a ranch near Manor selling goats.  They had prices starting on the high end at "butchered and packaged meat," then "goat -- cleaned and quartered," then "goat, cleaned," all the way down to -- not kidding here -- "kill your own -- must bring your own knives."  I was interested.....

I once dated a woman who worked in risk management at aggy back in the 80s.  She told me that every semester they had to pay to clean and refurbish 2 or 3 of the apartments in the married student housing because Middle Eastern families would butcher sheep and goats in the apartments.  The risk department repeatedly suggested that the school provide a place where Muslims could butcher animals following halal practices, but that was denied.  Aggy is as aggy does.

So rape is okay. The victims just need to provide their own transportation.

I question her parenting skills if she kicks an 8 year old out of a car and tells him to walk home. According to a pediatric board, kids shouldn’t walk home from school alone until they’re 10.

Is it child endangerment? I guess I would need to see the route and understand if the kid really knows the route home. just because the convicted mom says everything was fine, who knows. 

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Not even close, lol.

"New Jersey Couple Loses Custody of Son Named Adolf Hitler"

https://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-cannot-regain-custody-children-nazi-inspired/story?id=11334970

Did they think little Adolf was gonna stick around and work crossword puzzles with gramma? That kid's got worlds to conquer.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know what is bullshit or what isn't here.

However, if I'm going to make my kids walk home as punishment, I'm going to enjoy the punishment.

I'll follow their ass in my car so I can soak in every tear, sigh, and limp-armed hunched over stagger.

Kicking them out of the car and driving off opens the door for something cool to happen on the way home.

Not much punishment if they stubble on an overturned ice cream truck or something.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Jesus, yeah when the university in that town covers up gang rapes by football players for years, the die is cast and it's all downhill from there. The next logical step was hypocrisy,  denial and over reaction to atone for past sins.  Thank God she didn't spank him before making him walk.  The would have shot her on site.  Fuck Waco. 

8 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Jesus, yeah when the university in that town covers up gang rapes by football players for years, the die is cast and it's all downhill from there. The next logical step was hypocrisy,  denial and over reaction to atone for past sins.  Thank God she didn't spank him before making him walk.  The would have shot her on site.  Fuck Waco. 

For some unknown reason, federal law enforcement, in particular, has been babbling about human and sex trafficking for a number of years quite preceding and likely fueling the Q nonsense.  Maybe they're angling to get some of our allies, where it may really be more of a problem, to take it more seriously by emphasizing it domestically.

You may have noticed that every chickenshit prostitution sting these days has some kind of TrAfFicKiNG angle to it anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

Just checked on google maps and I walked 1.1 miles to and from my elementary school from 1st to 5th grade.

Seemed like it was ten miles.

0.3 miles for me for 1st-5th, which is equivalent to my regular walk from my place to my neighborhood bar.

The more things change, the more they stay the same I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

To be fair, Art Briles is always lurking.