Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

11 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I have been friends with Chappell since HS days at Ozen, playing against him in the same district. He is a great, young, relatable piece of this staff. I think they will be just fine. Serious question though...wouldn't Beard probably at times communicate with the staff in regards to tips, adjustments, etc. Simple texts or calls? 

Unless CDC has the ability to produce legally binding paperwork that says he can't contact the team, I'd be shocked if Beard wasn't still involved in game planning in some capacity. He'll have plenty of time to watch film, granite he finds a new pair of glasses.

Edited by CheesePie

Men hitting women is a huge problem. Women being abusive to men is a substantial (and unaddressed) problem. Rich guys with unlimited resources make poor decisions about crazy women and ruin their careers. We all agree on this.

It is on CDC to look in to Beard's relationship with this lady and to figure it all out. When CDC hired Beard, he had been with this gal for about a half decade and still hadn't married her. Is that not a red flag?!? In 30 seconds on the Google machine I found this:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/Board/102952/Contents/That-other-guys-welcome-to-whornville-163694846/

"She (Fiance, Randi Trew) may have more to do with Beard leaving than some think. She was asked to resign or be fired from Frenship for abusing players. She would never get hired as a coach in the Lubbock area again. He asked Tech to hire her in the administration department and was told no. I suspect that was part of the agreement with him going to TU."

Surely someone at Texas did some digging on Randi, correct? Someone must have talked to her previous employer. This woman and Beard were engaged, they were a package deal. The buck stops with CDC. I am not saying he should have a crystal ball. I am saying that I am confident he found out this relationship had issues and he still pulled the trigger.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I think what it boils down to this is simply a dad sitting down with his son(s) today telling them to swing their sword but not their fists. Be more like Leach. Don’t be like Beard. That’s overly simplistic and I know this. Which of the two would you rather your son take after? It’s not a contest and despite whatever details come out in the future to prop up this theory or that one…the optics are staggering. Hence he will never coach here again. Whether or not he allows all of what has transpired to define him depends on who he is as a person deep down and whether he’s willing to put in the work to be the man his daughters deserve and he likely thinks he is. 

2 minutes ago, mrhorn said:

For those wondering how the team will respond to Terry, I’ll just leave this here.

When Bob Knight got fired from Indiana due to his own off the court issues, the team loved asst coach Mike Davis and made a run to the championship game. They begged IU to make him the HC and he got the job. Turns out he was a shit coach and IU has been wandering the desert for the better part of 20 years. 

You need to pray that Texas does a real coaching search after the season. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thanks for the information. 
And I would venture to say almost everyone believes she’s not an innocent victim in this and started all of it and probably is a nut. That’s all could be true, And, it obviously doesn’t matter nor should it from an employment standpoint. 

Yep. She certainly doesn't seem like an innocent victim. But he also bears responsibility and is a complete moron for not leaving this relationship a long long time ago. 

I'm sure they both got off on the fireworks a little bit at some level. But it's unhealthy and destructive as we've all seen over the last 36 hours. 

Sad and unfortunate situation for everyone involved. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

It is on CDC to look in to Beard's relationship with this lady and to figure it all out. When CDC hired Beard, he had been with this gal for about a half decade and still hadn't married her. Is that not a red flag?!? 

People calling this a red flag are ignoring COVID. She said they've been engaged for 3 years, which means they were engaged sometime in 2019. A lot of people engaged in 2019 didn't get married until 2021 or 2022 due to COVID. I know plenty. And none of them started a high-profile $5 million a year job in 2021.

• Hook 'Em 4

59 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The bitemark was on her forearm according to the arrest report. Which is a really weird place to bite someone as an aggressor. 

This is where I'm at. He is gone by Friday. But, I absolutely believe that she isn't a completely innocent abuse victim here. Her story to the arresting officer doesn't make a ton of sense to me. It reads like a little kid try to explain away their involvement in a fight, while leaving out crucial detail and underplaying their role. 

The bitemark on the forearm is not just weird as an aggressor, its just weird.  If she was on top strangling him, he wouldn't be able to get his mouth on her forearm.  He would only be able to do that when he freed himself.

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think what it boils down to this is simply a dad sitting down with his son(s) today telling them to swing their sword but not their fists. Be more like Leach. Don’t be like Beard. That’s overly simplistic and I know this. Which of the two would you rather your son take after? It’s not a contest and despite whatever details come out in the future to prop up this theory or that one…the optics are staggering. Hence he will never coach here again. Whether or not he allows all of what has transpired to define him depends on who he is as a person deep down and whether he’s willing to put in the work to be the man his daughters deserve and he likely thinks he is. 

sit down, Nicole. I have some bad news.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah I already mentioned it yesterday

Allen, Carr, Rice, Bishop - all done after this year
Mitchell, Morris - likely going to jump into the NBA draft
Disu - probably draft as well, since he tested the waters already and transferred once
Hunter - draft, probably.  Already transferred once. 
Brumbaugh - transfer probably, redshirt year
Brock - dude bleeds burnt orange and white, I don't see him going anywhere else unless he hangs it up for real life

No idea - Anamekwe, Clark, Bott, Perryman

Holland and Johnson will likely be given the option to be let out of their NLIs 

I'm not sure if Arterio would get drafted or not. He could obviously transfer though. 

Preston will stay. Perryman probably will too. Both legacies that wouldn't be targets in the portal. 

Holland and Johnson will absolutely be let out of their NLIs. 

23 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Men hitting women is a huge problem. Women being abusive to men is a substantial (and unaddressed) problem. Rich guys with unlimited resources make poor decisions about crazy women and ruin their careers. We all agree on this.

It is on CDC to look in to Beard's relationship with this lady and to figure it all out. When CDC hired Beard, he had been with this gal for about a half decade and still hadn't married her. Is that not a red flag?!? In 30 seconds on the Google machine I found this:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/Board/102952/Contents/That-other-guys-welcome-to-whornville-163694846/

"She (Fiance, Randi Trew) may have more to do with Beard leaving than some think. She was asked to resign or be fired from Frenship for abusing players. She would never get hired as a coach in the Lubbock area again. He asked Tech to hire her in the administration department and was told no. I suspect that was part of the agreement with him going to TU."

Surely someone at Texas did some digging on Randi, correct? Someone must have talked to her previous employer. This woman and Beard were engaged, they were a package deal. The buck stops with CDC. I am not saying he should have a crystal ball. I am saying that I am confident he found out this relationship had issues and he still pulled the trigger.  

I don't know.  My first thought, or second or third, in hiring someone wouldn't be to investigate their significant other.

8 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

People calling this a red flag are ignoring COVID. She said they've been engaged for 3 years, which means they were engaged sometime in 2019. 

They were together for 2-3 years before 2019 and still weren't married. Look, by itself, and with the Covid issue, the fact that he didn't marry her for 5 years isn't the end all be all of concerns. However, there was more than a bit of chatter, on the internet and elsewhere, that she was volatile and that the relationship had issues. CDC was likely aware of all of this. He made the hire and is accountable. 

1 minute ago, bullet said:

I don't know.  My first thought, or second or third, in hiring someone wouldn't be to investigate their significant other.

For a role like this, getting $5MM from a state position, CDC damn sure SHOULD have heavily considered all of this. 

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

People calling this a red flag are ignoring COVID. She said they've been engaged for 3 years, which means they were engaged sometime in 2019. A lot of people engaged in 2019 didn't get married until 2021 or 2022 due to COVID. I know plenty. And none of them started a high-profile $5 million a year job in 2021.

Being married or not isn't a flag at all in my opinion either way. Especially for people in their 40s who had prior marriages or long term relationships (he has three daughters so I assume a prior marriage). My sister-in-law is 42 and had a terrible marriage from age 18 to 35, he was a serial cheater who had other kids in town he was paying off, and just sucked in general. She's in a new relationship, has a new kid, they live together and by all accounts are happy, and they have no intention of doing the formalities of marriage. I've been married now for 14 years and I'm pretty sure if I was the same person then that I am now I would forego the formalities too. The more I've thought about it, it's a bizarre thing that the law creates based on personal intimate relationships. If my marriage were to fall apart I definitively would not get married again even if I found a new long term partner.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I don't think I would use Leach as a role model either, but now is not the time for that discussion.

17 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

They were together for 2-3 years before 2019 and still weren't married. Look, by itself, and with the Covid issue, the fact that he didn't marry her for 5 years isn't the end all be all of concerns. However, there was more than a bit of chatter, on the internet and elsewhere, that she was volatile and that the relationship had issues. CDC was likely aware of all of this. He made the hire and is accountable. 

16 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

For a role like this, getting $5MM from a state position, CDC damn sure SHOULD have heavily considered all of this. 

steve-buscemi-fuck-all-that.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, bullet said:

The bitemark on the forearm is not just weird as an aggressor, its just weird.  If she was on top strangling him, he wouldn't be able to get his mouth on her forearm.  He would only be able to do that when he freed himself.

If she jumped on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck, face or mouth, the forearm would be the first thing to get bit, to get her off. Would be interesting to know if the bite was on the inside or outside on the forearm.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

People using an OT home win over Rice as some kind of positive data point on Terry is odd to me.

It was probably odd that the players woke up to news that their coach is in jail. It's not hard to rationalize why we played down to our competition last night.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Charlie Strong vs Notre Dame say hello

Now that's a weird comparison.

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

People using an OT home win over Rice as some kind of positive data point on Terry is odd to me.

Context matters. He just learned he was head coach a few minutes before the game.

Even the biggest wishcasters on Terry say that the Stanford game will tell us more (not that Stanford is good or anything...)

Terry is not qualified to be the next head coach at Texas but he is qualified to be a head coach. So he will have to do the rest of the year.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pancho said:

The Office Yes GIF

Rice Basketball is not the same as Notre Dame Football (even that particularly shitty version of it)

And going into your third year as Head Coach is not the same as learning you are acting head coach a few hours before a game.

So besides both games going into overtime how the fuck is this a comparison for anything? And what exactly is the conclusion this comparison is supposed to lead us to?

wait, what if he literally just did what he had to so that she would stop attacking him like a banshee and that included physically removing her from the room and locking the door in a kinda chokehold while he was throwing her out.

MAYBE he gets to stay?

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING LET IT GO THE GOOSE IS COOKED.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

41 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

"Hey there is some stuff floating around about your gf/fiancé/fiancée, everything good?"

"Everything's fine"

If it went any further than that then it would be shocking (if it even went that far). He's a basketball coach with no known history of any sort of trouble, why would CDC question him about a his gf & what he thinks is the acceptable amount of time between divorce-dating-marriage? 

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Yes, I’m cringing at all of these viewpoints that acknowledge the difficulty of a female leaving an abusive relationship, but then chastise a male for not being able to do it. Beard is probably guilty, but I would hope the population has become much more informed about the serious issues of female on male abuse that also occur in relationships. 

Because we're men who grab our balls and get out of toxic situations. I’d chastise my daughters too if they stayed with someone like Beard. And lol at this “probably” guilty pansy-ass bullshit. 

5 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

If a) dating someone for a long time and b) liking alcohol a bit more than most people are disqualifying factors for a Texas head coach, we'd have missed out on one of the greatest coaches in Longhorn history.

Texas Baseball Coach Augie Garrido Flips out animated gif on Make a GIF

Augie knew how to keep his hands to himself when he was drunk/angry. It’s too bad Chris didn’t have that basic restraint 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

Wow, since none of us personally know either Beard or Trew, many of you sure like to cast aspersions on peoples’ characters. (Not even going into the victim blaming-come on… a 6’5” 250 # man throwing a woman around the room!). We DO KNOW she was beaten, bitten, choked, scratched. I don’t care how angry he was, he’s a POS and no parent wants that kind of coach to have influence over the child. Good riddance. 

Huh. Great contribution. Denigrate people for casting aspersions. Call one of them a POS. No edit. Go get your shine box. 

2 minutes ago, hook me said:

"Hey there is some stuff floating around about your gf/fiancé/fiancée, everything good?"

"Everything's fine"

If it went any further than that then it would be shocking (if it even went that far). He's a basketball coach with no known history of any sort of trouble, why would CDC question him about a his gf & what he thinks is the acceptable amount of time between divorce-dating-marriage? 

Yeah I think it is ridiculous to expect the Texas AD to dig much deeper than that. There was no reason to suspect Coach Beard's personal life would be an issue.

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Because we're men who grab our balls and get out of toxic situations. I’d chastise my daughters too if they stayed with someone like Beard. And lol at this “probably” guilty pansy-ass bullshit. 

Yeah, but, like, what if they have our balls hidden way down in their purse & they're hard to find? Is it okay to leave without them or do we have to ask for them back first, because that could be awkward.

This entire story makes zero sense.  The only plausible explanation to me … He probably broke it off and was staying in the guest room to allow her time pack her shit and find a place to live.   She tried to negotiate some cash for the break up and he said fuck off.  I assume she has no legal path to get his cash on top of being a failed high school volleyball coach with anger issues means she has nothing to lose and is going to bring his ass down … And maybe she gets paid off in the process to change her story.   It’s business.   

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

wait, what if he literally just did what he had to so that she would stop attacking him like a banshee and that included physically removing her from the room and locking the door in a kinda chokehold while he was throwing her out.

MAYBE he gets to stay?

Unless…she’s like some Trojan Horse/ Manchurian candidate type of weapon that was planted on him by Tech and was only triggered to start going off as soon as he left for Austin. Once we were ranked in the top ten, she entered total destruction mode. I kid I kid. 

I wasn’t kidding about burning McRibbs to appease the gods of the Lubbock people for my reverse caveat emptor voodoo ritual thing. So you should make some so we can cleanse ourselves of the curse. Otherwise…the outlook is even bleaker for us than this…

But yeah he’s gone and he should be. I’ve let it go. It stings because of the promise of all the winning but do not want to win so badly that we have potentially a life threatening injury or potentially worse crime on our watch. So adios asswipe! 

BE870E95-1F71-49F5-AD5B-0410CBED607F.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

MAYBE he gets to stay?

There's a lot really fuckin weird attempts to explain this away in this thread. Humanity sucks.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Think Mike White in a CBB coach. Not our standard. 

Unless he gets to the second weekend of the tournament AND miraculously has a great recruiting class there is no reason to even considering keeping him. He is interim only.

His track record as a head coach is the definition of meh. But at least he has a track record as a head coach I guess.

3 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

This entire story makes zero sense.  The only plausible explanation to me … He probably broke it off and was staying in the guest room to allow her time pack her shit and find a place to live.   She tried to negotiate some cash for the break up and he said fuck off.  I assume she has no legal path to get his cash on top of being a failed high school volleyball coach with anger issues means she has nothing to lose and is going to bring his ass down … And maybe she gets paid off in the process to change her story.   It’s business.   

In what world is that more plausible than an emotionally volatile couple getting into an argument that just went out of control. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi