Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

35 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Not that anyone asked for my parameters (I’m not into chicks) but if I were and my girlfriend took a dump on my bed like Amber Heard I feel that qualifies for some type of right hook situation…

I fear that's just needlessly perpetuating the cycle of violence. Have you considered a firm but playful spanking to get your point across and then maybe working in a hearty buttplug to prevent future indiscretions? Maybe a ball gag? I dont have all the answers, but we can workshop it.

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

One is grown and gone, one still in Lubbock, and the other a current UT student right? I don't think any of them live in the house with him. I could be wrong, of course. 

The early reports mentioned one as being "20-ish" and the other two as being middle teens - that's all I had heard about them, and my inference was that they were living with him, and had been for years, before he even got to Texas. So... I  thought it would be a bad idea for them to be living with Crazy Red... that's all.

Just now, futureman said:

what's wrong with rodney terry?

I thought he looked good on the sideline last night.  He seems to have a calm and professional presence, and you could tell from the locker room video of him getting the game ball that the guys love him.

I really think we can still go deep this year.

It's next year that worries me...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

We're going to do our own investigating and our decision will be based on that.  Court proceedings will be irrelevant. OJ was found innocent by the courts, wouldn't want him to be our RB coach.

Maybe not for RB coach but he'd make a terrific behead coach, methinks.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mwaadeeb said:

Beard will coach in Moody again (after he washes up at some backwater panhandle high school and, preaching fundamentals and defense, takes a ragtag bunch of misfits all the way to the state finals against an inner city powerhouse and wins it all on a buzzer-beater. 

Jimmy Chitwood ain't walking through that door!

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The early reports mentioned one as being "20-ish" and the other two as being middle teens - that's all I had heard about them, and my inference was that they were living with him, and had been for years, before he even got to Texas. So... I  thought it would be a bad idea for them to be living with Crazy Red... that's all.

Any testimony the daughters could offer about BSC's pattern of behavior would certainly be probative if Beard doesn't plead out and he's actually prosecuted. But he'll have been living and possibly coaching elsewhere by then.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I thought he looked good on the sideline last night.  He seems to have a calm and professional presence, and you could tell from the locker room video of him getting the game ball that the guys love him.

Yeah, feels like EVERYONE is going to portal

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, CheesePie said:

Terry certainly has the horses to prove he should get a crack at the full time gig. He needs to meet expectations set for this team going into the season. Second round in the tournament or get lost. The roster is built to succeed late into March. Seniors everywhere, mixed with legit NBA talent. Prove you deserve the job, Terry. It’s all right there for you.

Why the fuck is 1604 negging this post?  I mean I don't think Terry is the guy but I'm not gonna root against him either

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Yes, women smack men sometimes.  The men who aren't cowards find a way to handle it without escalation or remove themselves from it. 

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Wow, this is perhaps the most uninformed opinion I've seen on this board.  

Yes, I’m cringing at all of these viewpoints that acknowledge the difficulty of a female leaving an abusive relationship, but then chastise a male for not being able to do it. Beard is probably guilty, but I would hope the population has become much more informed about the serious issues of female on male abuse that also occur in relationships. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Wow, since none of us personally know either Beard or Trew, many of you sure like to cast aspersions on peoples’ characters. (Not even going into the victim blaming-come on… a 6’5” 250 # man throwing a woman around the room!). We DO KNOW she was beaten, bitten, choked, scratched. I don’t care how angry he was, he’s a POS and no parent wants that kind of coach to have influence over the child. Good riddance. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

But seriously Terry was acting Head Coach tonight, I don't think anything has been announced or decided yet for the rest of the season.

It is nice we have a coach with extensive head coaching experience, even if it was G5 and his teams weren't exactly dominating.

But we will see what CDC decides to do. I don't know the feasibility or wisdom of bringing in a new guy midseason in basketball.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I’m sure a HBCU would welcome him with open arms. 

I’m honestly not sure why @GeorgetownLaw negged me here. I’m being legit serious when I say someone of Beard’s pedigree would be welcome at a HBCU. Just the hoopla to give the HBCU national coverage would be enough for them to consider him.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

But we will see what CDC decides to do. I don't know the feasibility or wisdom of bringing in a new guy midseason in basketball.

It would be so dumb.  These players have already been through something awful, even worse would be to hastily bring in someone midseason.  There's not someone sitting in Bellmont, a la Barry Alvarez, who can just jump in and coach. 

They know and are comfortable with the assistant coaches they've seen every day at practice.  Let Terry, Ogden, Donewald handle it the rest of the season and then make decisions.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The bitemark was on her forearm according to the arrest report. Which is a really weird place to bite someone as an aggressor. 

This is where I'm at. He is gone by Friday. But, I absolutely believe that she isn't a completely innocent abuse victim here. Her story to the arresting officer doesn't make a ton of sense to me. It reads like a little kid try to explain away their involvement in a fight, while leaving out crucial detail and underplaying their role. 

Thanks for the information. 
And I would venture to say almost everyone believes she’s not an innocent victim in this and started all of it and probably is a nut. That’s all could be true, And, it obviously doesn’t matter nor should it from an employment standpoint. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Yes, I’m cringing at all of these viewpoints that acknowledge the difficulty of a female leaving an abusive relationship, but then chastise a male for not being able to do it. Beard is probably guilty, but I would hope the population has become much more informed about the serious issues of female on male abuse that also occur in relationships. 

We haven’t.  Nobody cares. It’s a problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

We're going to do our own investigating and our decision will be based on that.  Court proceedings will be irrelevant. OJ was found innocent by the courts, wouldn't want him to be our RB coach.

Then again when coach says "You fuck this up and I'll kill you", you probably gonna not miss that assignment. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

Wow, since none of us personally know either Beard or Trew, many of you sure like to cast aspersions on peoples’ characters. (Not even going into the victim blaming-come on… a 6’5” 250 # man throwing a woman around the room!). We DO KNOW she was beaten, bitten, choked, scratched. I don’t care how angry he was, he’s a POS and no parent wants that kind of coach to have influence over the child. Good riddance. 

Well, we know he was accused of it… 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What, in your estimation, are our other options?

1 minute ago, CheesePie said:

It would be unprecedented to bring in an entirely new coach midway through the season. That doesn't and won't happen. We're riding with the current staff, however flawed that may be. 

Right.  Look, however flawed Beard may be in his personal life, he's a hell of a basketball coach and these kids were bought into the culture and family in a big way, as we've all seen on the LHN story 462 times.  

The goal right now has to be to maintain as much continuity as possible.  You don't do that by bringing in an outside coach.  Terry and the other assistants can keep beating the same drum and running the same practices as before.  And we can still have a very special season.

Rodney Terry isn't a 10-year solution, but I can't think of anyone better to have the whistle for the next 4 months.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I mean, there’s a spectrum. If you’re a multimillionaire basketball coach, and the woman who’s smacking you in your own house is an unemployed volleyball corch who’s neither your wife or the mother of your kids—- I’ll say there’s a lot of options available to you that aren’t there for many battered partners of any gender. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

This is where I'm at.  Considering her side of this story is that he was pissed at her and ignoring her and went to the guest room after work and she confronted him and broke his glasses, my initial thought is why in the world is a 49 year old with a $5MM salary dealing with this kind of drama in his life.  Then how do you allow yourself to be baited with that much at stake.  What a fucking idiot.  Also, it's not going to shock me at all if we find out that "there were relationship issues" and "he had been ignoring her" really meant he was ending it.

Sex is the great equalizer. It can make anyone, no matter how rich or powerful, take ridiculous risks and do incredibly stupid things. And the wealthiest man in the world makes can make the same mistakes for the same reasons as the high-school drop-out living in the bad part of town.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah, feels like EVERYONE is going to portal

Even with Beard we were losing at least 7 of our top 9 guys after this year and maybe all 9. Next year was going to be a completely different roster no matter what. The impact will be with the top recruits we have committed.

4 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

It would be unprecedented to bring in an entirely new coach midway through the season. That doesn't and won't happen. We're riding with the current staff, however flawed they may be. 

I have been friends with Chappell since HS days at Ozen, playing against him in the same district. He is a great, young, relatable piece of this staff. I think they will be just fine. Serious question though...wouldn't Beard probably at times communicate with the staff in regards to tips, adjustments, etc. Simple texts or calls? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, John Coctostan said:

Sex is the great equalizer. It can make anyone, no matter how rich or powerful, take ridiculous risks and do incredibly stupid things. And the wealthiest man in the world makes can make the same mistakes for the same reasons as the high-school drop-out living in the bad part of town.

Undefeated.  Fewer words.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

This is where I'm at.  Considering her side of this story is that he was pissed at her and ignoring her and went to the guest room after work and she confronted him and broke his glasses, my initial thought is why in the world is a 49 year old with a $5MM salary dealing with this kind of drama in his life.  Then how do you allow yourself to be baited with that much at stake.  What a fucking idiot.  Also, it's not going to shock me at all if we find out that "there were relationship issues" and "he had been ignoring her" really meant he was ending it.

It's possible she knew he was going to end it and she just wanted to burn him down. And she knew exactly how to push his buttons. It's a story as old as time. 

He should absolutely be gone and I hope this is the wake up call he needs.  

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

He's rich as shit and doesn't have kid's with her.  A lot of those obstacles are moot in this situation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't know the feasibility or wisdom of bringing in a new guy midseason in basketball.

You aren’t doing this in December. You probably wouldn’t even do it in October before the season starts.

33 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Are we stuck with Rodney fuckin Terry the rest of this season?

Most likely, yes. You’ll need to get over it.

21 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

He was okay last night. You’re correct, we can still go deep because of the talent on this team. There’s nothing in a head coaching profile for Terry that indicates he can do something beyond that. @SL Xpress and myself have shared the concerns that would start after this year should the administration talk themselves into giving him the HC job because of a March tournament run. Terry has a 51% winning record as a HC. It’s possible he’s learned from his mistakes. But ask yourself, would we want Muschamp has the HC for football right now? Probably not an exact analogy but similar. 

I’m rooting for Terry because this is a difficult situation. I applaud the team for their effort and fight yesterday. I think Sunday will tell us a lot more about how this team will continue on post Beard.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, justhookit said:

Even with Beard we were losing at least 7 of our top 9 guys after this year and maybe all 9. Next year was going to be a completely different roster no matter what. The impact will be with the top recruits we have committed.

Yeah I already mentioned it yesterday

Allen, Carr, Rice, Bishop - all done after this year
Mitchell, Morris - likely going to jump into the NBA draft
Disu - probably draft as well, since he tested the waters already and transferred once
Hunter - draft, probably.  Already transferred once. 
Brumbaugh - transfer probably, redshirt year
Brock - dude bleeds burnt orange and white, I don't see him going anywhere else unless he hangs it up for real life

No idea - Anamekwe, Clark, Bott, Perryman

Holland and Johnson will likely be given the option to be let out of their NLIs 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah I already mentioned it yesterday

Allen, Carr, Rice, Bishop - all done after this year
Mitchell, Morris - likely going to jump into the NBA draft
Disu - probably draft as well, since he tested the waters already and transferred once
Hunter - draft, probably.  Already transferred once. 
Brumbaugh - transfer probably, redshirt year
Brock - dude bleeds burnt orange and white, I don't see him going anywhere else unless he hangs it up for real life

No idea - Anamekwe, Clark, Bott, Perryman

Holland and Johnson will likely be given the option to be let out of their NLIs 

In his limited minutes I’ve been impressed with Anamekwe. He’s got more skill than I thought. Hope he and Brumbaugh both stay.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi