Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

1 minute ago, bullet said:

His job is gone.  He needs to avoid jail and hopefully eventually get his career back by returning in a small low profile school.  And avoid the wrong side of hot/crazy.

He'll be at an Arkansas Pine Bluff type job in a couple of years, and then Auburn/Ole Miss a few years after that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

She very well might do that - it’s not uncommon in domestic violence incidents in general, and she has way more incentive than most to recant and try to keep $5million a year coming in and the lifestyle that goes with it.  But I don’t think it matters at this point because Beard already pretty much admitted he got violent even if he says he wasn’t the aggressor.  Nobody would believe them and would just assume it happened but now she had a change of heart for dollars or because that’s just their toxic pattern.

And I would imagine she had plenty to do with instigating the fight, to be honest, considering her own story to the police still begins with, “I broke his glasses for no reason.”  She seems volatile, she very well may have attacked him first, etc.   But it doesn’t matter.  It seems very likely his response to whatever happened went beyond self defense, and if she has bruises and bite marks while he already admitted he got physical - then he’s toast.

A. I agree he’s gone.

B. Violence against women (anyone really) is to be avoided.

C. Self Defense implies using violence to stop violence against yourself.

She easily could have been the aggressor, and she easily could have forced him to defend himself violently, including choking her to get her to stop using violence.

In today’s environment, at THIS university… unless he has video of her beating the fuck out of him, her testimony agreeing with the video, AND her mother or grandmother identifying the person in video as her, he’s gone.

39 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

She very well might do that - it’s not uncommon in domestic violence incidents in general, and she has way more incentive than most to recant and try to keep $5million a year coming in and the lifestyle that goes with it.  But I don’t think it matters at this point because Beard already pretty much admitted he got violent even if he says he wasn’t the aggressor.  Nobody would believe them and would just assume it happened but now she had a change of heart for dollars or because that’s just their toxic pattern.

And I would imagine she had plenty to do with instigating the fight, to be honest, considering her own story to the police still begins with, “I broke his glasses for no reason.”  She seems volatile, she very well may have attacked him first, etc.   But it doesn’t matter.  It seems very likely his response to whatever happened went beyond self defense, and if she has bruises and bite marks while he already admitted he got physical - then he’s toast.

Right.

Now I think its pretty unreasonable to assume him choking her is a fact.  But unless she did it all to herself, there's plenty of evidence to cost him his job and put him at risk of jail time.

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s what I was thinking the move is if I’m Beard (and her) regarding the incident- she testifies it was all her lies and she choked/hit/bit herself (going to be bad if the bite is somewhere on her body she can’t get her mouth on) she sells it hard and we and UT all pretend we want to believe her and move on. 

some sort of “mistakes were made, I’m not pressing charges” won’t do him any good with UT. 

Note- I’m not saying this is what happened and I’m 99% sure this didn’t happen like this. Just saying the only thing that could possibly get him to keep his job. 

If I was crazy redhead I’d tell that lie rather than lose my meal ticket and I’d sell the hell out of it, complete with counseling for alcohol or whatever other show I needed to put on. 1/2 of 100M over there next 15-20 years is a lot better than coaching JR high volleyball and teaching PE. 

One of UT's conditions would have to be that they no longer live together.  I would say they can no longer even date.  She takes her payoff and moves on.  The photos are going to make it impossible though.  He's gone.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, redswingline said:

I agree 100%.

It does sound stupid to think adult interactions are the equivalent of an interaction between an adult and child.

Dude, quit beating around the bush and just say it directly.  You think it's ok to bruise up and choke a woman if she slaps you.  You seem to be hinting at that without having the balls to just say it. 

Yes, women smack men sometimes.  The men who aren't cowards find a way to handle it without escalation or remove themselves from it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

One of UT's conditions would have to be that they no longer live together.  I would say they can no longer even date.  She takes her payoff and moves on.  The photos are going to sink Beard though.  He's gone.

Yeah that’s my point- she’d have to say the photos don’t matter because they were self inflicted and we’d all have to pretend to believe. What amount of money would you take to say something like that?  I’m thinking I could be bought off for a couple million cash on the barrel head. At a minimum, that level of recantation on her part should be enough cover to get him a decent job at an ethically challenged university moving forward. I’d make the offer if I was Beard. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

4 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

A. I agree he’s gone.

B. Violence against women (anyone really) is to be avoided.

C. Self Defense implies using violence to stop violence against yourself.

She easily could have been the aggressor, and she easily could have forced him to defend himself violently, including choking her to get her to stop using violence.

In today’s environment, at THIS university… unless he has video of her beating the fuck out of him, her testimony agreeing with the video, AND her mother or grandmother identifying the person in video as her, he’s gone.

If she was beating the fuck out of him you would think he would’ve looked a little banged up in his mugshot photo.

• Hook 'Em 5

27 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No one has beef with Terry. If you follow basketball and the program, you know that Terry isn’t a HC. He’s a great recruiter and assistant. That’s fine. People need to be in those roles. He’s not a HC at a major P5 program. He’s has something like a (.510) winning percentage as a college head coach. 

Yeah at this point in his career as a HC - 10 years if not more - he is what his record says he is.  And that's at the likes of UTEP and Fresno State, not exactly powerhouse programs, at least in modern times.

But it's possible that an event like this is the catalyst that transforms him into the next Don Haskins (or Juwan Howard if you follow unwritten rules).  It's a long shot, but shorter shot than Beard being exonerated and returning to the level he was before yesterday. 

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

If she was beating the fuck out of him you would think he would’ve looked a little banged up in his mugshot photo.

Agreed, and none of that was intended as a defense for Beard.

I’m just stating what I believe it would take for him to stay on as HC of Texas basketball and pointing out that self defense implies the use of violence to stop violence.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

This ranks right up there with "We have to pass the bill to see what's in it". 

It doesn't.  His contract allows UT to fire or suspend him with cause if, "any conduct (a) that the university administration reasonably determines is clearly unbecoming to a head coach and reflects poorly on the university, the program, or the university of texas system; or (b) resulting in a criminal charge being brought against head coach involving a felony, or any crime involving theft, dishonesty, or moral turpitude."

Either he assaulted her as described or he brought a crazy lying gf along for the ride (6 years into the relationship and certainly having seen some red flags if that's who she is) who put the university in the national spotlight for something that reflects poorly.  Either of those  is unbecoming on his part and is a fireable offense per the language in his contract.  

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Beard doesn't take losing well. 

Fj0DzgEXgAQMAqR?format=jpg&name=large

Fj0D1X0WYAAhu3c?format=jpg&name=large

Fj0D282XEAA9Fkl?format=jpg&name=large

I'm going to preface this by saying that what Beard did is inexcusable.

But wow Beard is an idiot for proposing to this woman.  She is so starved for attention that she breaks his reading glasses in half to instigate a reaction from him.  There are women you date and there are women you marry.  This is a woman that you never marry.  Does he really think that she will be a good partner?

Also, you got to learn to walk away, take a drive or just get out of the house.  If your fiance instigates fights and you have that type of temper then you need to exercise some discipline and get out while you can cool off.  Total fucking moron. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Terry certainly has the horses to prove he should get a crack at the full time gig. He needs to meet expectations set for this team going into the season. Second round in the tournament or get lost. The roster is built to succeed late into March. Seniors everywhere, mixed with legit NBA talent. Prove you deserve the job, Terry. It’s all right there for you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

If it were a player would he still be on the team at this point?   Asking for the kid who got booted from the baseball team for drinking from a flask at a game.  Asking for the kid who got booted for running from the cops with weed...

Edited by petscii

If it were a player would he still be on the team at this point?   Asking for the kid who got booted from the baseball team for drinking from a flask at a game.  Asking for the kid who got booted for running from the cops with weed...

You should have been a better role model for your sons but congrats on giving them solid athletic genes.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

IMO the only thing that would save him at this point is if she came out and said she lied to the cops, inflicted the injuries upon herself, etc.

How much would that cost?  In theory...

46 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

OJ was found innocent by the courts...

No, he wasn't.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

But wow Beard is an idiot for proposing to this woman.  She is so starved for attention that she breaks his reading glasses in half to instigate a reaction from him.  There are women you date and there are women you marry.  This is a woman that you never marry.  Does he really think that she will be a good partner?

Also, you got to learn to walk away, take a drive or just get out of the house.  If your fiance instigates fights and you have that type of temper then you need to exercise some discipline and get out while you can cool off.  Total fucking moron. 

This is where I'm at.  Considering her side of this story is that he was pissed at her and ignoring her and went to the guest room after work and she confronted him and broke his glasses, my initial thought is why in the world is a 49 year old with a $5MM salary dealing with this kind of drama in his life.  Then how do you allow yourself to be baited with that much at stake.  What a fucking idiot.  Also, it's not going to shock me at all if we find out that "there were relationship issues" and "he had been ignoring her" really meant he was ending it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, kevwun said:

One of UT's conditions would have to be that they no longer live together.  I would say they can no longer even date.  She takes her payoff and moves on.  The photos are going to make it impossible though.  He's gone.

I’m not a lawyer— could this even be something an employer could include and enforce in a contract? I know you can ban workplace dating but to tell an employee “she’s no good for you, cut ties or lose your job?” 

Not to mention the optics on writing a clause like this are all sorts of wrong. 

22 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Welcome to yesterday brah. 

10 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This is where I'm at.  Considering her side of this story is that he was pissed at her and ignoring her and went to the guest room after work and she confronted him and broke his glasses, my initial thought is why in the world is a 49 year old with a $5MM salary dealing with this kind of drama in his life.  Then how do you allow yourself to be baited with that much at stake.  What a fucking idiot.  Also, it's not going to shock me at all if we find out that "there were relationship issues" and "he had been ignoring her" really meant he was ending it.

Yep. What would Beard say to a key player in a volatile relationship? “Son, you need to drop her”. 

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Those might be the most expensive reading glasses in history.

Nicole Brown Simpson might disagree with you there…but sure…

I’m pissed at Beard. What a colossal fuck up. It’s too easy to say mistake because a 6 year allegedly volatile relationship shows poor judgment by him (her as well.) he’s got daughters…can’t imagine how those three feel. No doubt this is not the measure of the entire man but damn. Hopefully, regardless of his coaching future he gets counseling and ends his relationship with his fiancée (same for her.) the truth is we can bargain and wishcast and make excuses but this mess is entirely of his own making (regardless of how this particular fight started.) I highly doubt this is the first time these two have gone at it. Poor judgment. Particularly when you have three daughters. Think of them. Don’t bring someone into their world that when you combine with them creates such toxicity. 

I refuse to excuse him. I don’t absolve her. But this wasn’t just a mistake or just a lapse in judgment. The only way not to be defined by this is to completely overhaul your life…from soup to nuts. Clearly, he needed a swift spiritual kick to the side of the head. Sometimes you only get one last warning before the avalanche. I’m pissed we lost him (or will lose him as a coach) but I’m pissed at him. We lost a legend in Mike Leach today. hopefully Beard makes some drastic changes in his life bc you only get so many chances.

y’all can go back to when it’s okay or not okay to smack choke and bite chicks. 

Not that anyone asked for my parameters (I’m not into chicks) but if I were and my girlfriend took a dump on my bed like Amber Heard I feel that qualifies for some type of right hook situation…

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Seems stupid to me to tell the cops you have an audio recording.  You're basically telling them, "Hey, I have a crucial bit of crime scene evidence that you can seize."  Might want to let the attorney have a listen before volunteering that info.

By the time you’re getting booked for DV at 0400 there are a lot of choices you’d have done differently and they all start to add up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Nicole Brown Simpson might disagree with you there…but sure…

I’m pissed at Beard. What a colossal fuck up. It’s too easy to say mistake because a 6 year allegedly volatile relationship shows poor judgment by him (her as well.) he’s got daughters…can’t imagine how those three feel. No doubt this is not the measure of the entire man but damn. Hopefully, regardless of his coaching future he gets counseling and ends his relationship with his fiancée (same for her.) the truth is we can bargain and wishcast and make excuses but this mess is entirely of his own making (regardless of how this particular fight started.) I highly doubt this is the first time these two have gone at it. Poor judgment. Particularly when you have three daughters. Think of them. Don’t bring someone into their world that when you combine with them creates such toxicity. 

I refuse to excuse him. I don’t absolve her. But this wasn’t just a mistake or just a lapse in judgment. The only way not to be defined by this is to completely overhaul your life…from soup to nuts. Clearly, he needed a swift spiritual kick to the side of the head. Sometimes you only get one last warning before the avalanche. I’m pissed we lost him (or will lose him as a coach) but I’m pissed at him. We lost a legend in Mike Leach today. hopefully Beard makes some drastic changes in his life bc you only get so many chances.

y’all can go back to when it’s okay or not okay to smack choke and bite chicks. 

Not that anyone asked for my parameters (I’m not into chicks) but if I were and my girlfriend took a dump on my bed like Amber Heard I feel that qualifies for some type of right hook situation…

Great take.

Out of the mouths of babes... 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, petscii said:

What are you talking about, James Street drank a beer every half inning in the dugout when he threw his perfect game.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi