New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wtf is going on. Is this shit common practice and the public is just now catching on?

If you are Republican, it is an arms race to see how much you can get away with.   Unfortunately as shitty as these pub politicians are, the pub voters are even worse.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

These fuckers must have responded to another casting ad and were taught how to go about creating a resume that appealed to focus groups and how to grift the cash for a political campaign.

that's all the gop has now. actors. no one WANTS to be in the party, so they basically have to pretend they're loving every minute of it. dammit, there's that song again

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

The truth has no place in the republican party. Trump basically proved that you can lie constantly and be rewarded for it. The entire point of the "fake news" battlecry was to get their voters to abandon the truth and subscribe to the GQPs constant stream of bullshit. Once you arent constrained by the truth, its much easier to craft a message or platform that is entirely geared to play on emotion(fear, rage, etc...). The war against truth, facts, science etc... is the way forward for the GQP and the positive feedback loop with their idiotic voter base ensures it will only get worse. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

The modern fucking GQP is basically like a cast of professional wrestlers, performing for the same audience who thinks that shit's real.

you know, I sat here and vibrated on that thought for a moment (I'm not up to Radical Larry level yet) as no one had ever put it fully into terms I think others can relate and fuck me if that's not apt as all hell. it's exactly that. it's nothing more than that, except the losers are all of the rest of us for putting up with it

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wtf is going on. Is this shit common practice and the public is just now catching on?

Crazy thing is this happened in Texas in the 90's.  She attended UT and all she did was lie about graduating from UT and that killed her career. She'd be celebrated as a truthteller in today's GOP. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lena_Guerrero

• Like 1

why are like 90% of the pedophiles, sexual predators, insurgents, clowns and outright criminals all Republican? 🤔 i mean couple that with 95% of texags... and i would be looking around seriously doubting if i were on the right side of anything 😐

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

The modern fucking GQP is basically like a cast of professional wrestlers, performing for the same audience who thinks that shit's real.

In the past, a decent amount of Republicans made their money in private business, law, whatever, and then went into Congress in their middle-age/later years because they wanted to get involved, maybe wield a different kind of power (to the benefit of their friends/investments), or make a name for themselves, pretend (or actually be) a public servant.

Now you have a crop of Republicans who are skipping all of that and just jumping into Congress for a straight-up money/power grab (Boebert, Santos, Luna, MTG, this latest guy, etc.). 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

The Republican Party was shambled when tfg was elected. We already witnessed the death throes. Now we are seeing the rotting of the corpse. The magats squirm, each with their own “light.” Science will tell us these squirming magats have life. But, the former Republican Party is no longer alive. A slouching beast is all that remains. Those who have anchored themselves to this beast have chosen to renounce credibility, humanity, and the American Dream. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

this is exactly what nihilists that decided a lying tobacco lawyer should write a handbook as to how conservatism could take over america for the benefit of the very wealthiest and then put him on the supreme court want.  it's not the death throes of the republican party, it's the realization of 50 years of reaction to the warren court and being nearly locked out of the presidency for a generation. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

The Republican Party was shambled when tfg was elected. We already witnessed the death throes. Now we are seeing the rotting of the corpse. The magats squirm, each with their own “light.” Science will tell us these squirming magats have life. But, the former Republican Party is no longer alive. A slouching beast is all that remains. Those who have anchored themselves to this beast have chosen to renounce credibility, humanity, and the American Dream. 

Until recently the gop lied to themselves that they were the party of Reagan. They still like to trot out his name, like they do with Lincoln, but there are zero ideals of Reagan left. They’re now the party of their reality tv god. And you don’t need reputable credentials to be on reality tv, so why should you need credentials to govern.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, bolverk said:

15 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you know, I sat here and vibrated on that thought for a moment (I'm not up to Radical Larry level yet) as no one had ever put it fully into terms I think others can relate and fuck me if that's not apt as all hell. it's exactly that. it's nothing more than that, except the losers are all of the rest of us for putting up with it

Trump is literally a WWE hall of famer, circa 2013

Edited by Captainant

There's a lot of forgetful history in here regarding Reagan. Reagan was the presidential ringleader of the GOP's full merger with Falwell's vast tribe of evangelical-creationists who were billed as the (alleged) "Moral Majority." The Christian evangelical-creationist "moral" vision was always an anti-science theocracy, fascist style. Always!  

Reagan wanted God in schools and said so at a 1984 campaign rally in Austin. Today's lunatic, theocratic, history-denying GOP is the fruition of the Falwell-Reagan vision. Don't forget that Nancy was literally guiding his decisions with astrology readings! Lulz. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
for clarity
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

There's a lot of forgetful history in here regarding Reagan.   

I’m glad I’m not the only one who read that and thought it was just objectively wrong.  

Reagan is the Godfather of “Government is bad.  We should break the government.”   In 1986 he said the most terrifying words you could hear were “I’m from the government.   I’m here to help.”

I suppose Reagan might be horrified at the way Trump and the Trumpkins openly root for Putin, and relentlessly adopt Kremlin talking points (e.g. Ukraine is not a real nation, Ukraine was never a democracy, we should stop sending all aid to Ukraine, etc.).

But culture wars and anti-government rhetoric - that was Reagan’s brand.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Crazy thing is this happened in Texas in the 90's.  She attended UT and all she did was lie about graduating from UT and that killed her career. She'd be celebrated as a truthteller in today's GOP. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lena_Guerrero

Wow, I remember her.  It was a big deal that she made a "D" in Spanish, IIRC.

She attended UT but didn't graduate, and that ended her career.  So this is a case of someone "embellishing" their resume.  

Damn, she died of brain cancer 15 years ago.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

There's a lot of forgetful history in here regarding Reagan. Reagan was the presidential ringleader of the GOP's full merger with Falwell's vast tribe of evangelical-creationists who were billed as the (alleged) "Moral Majority." The Christian evangelical-creationist "moral" vision was always an anti-science theocracy, fascist style. Always!  

Reagan wanted God in schools and said so at a 1984 campaign rally in Austin. Today's lunatic, theocratic, history-denying GOP is the fruition of the Falwell-Reagan vision. Don't forget that Nancy was literally guiding his decisions with astrology readings! Lulz. 

Yeah, I think people forget what a POS Reagan was. These episodes at least deliver some yuks along with the wtfs, and there are plenty of those.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Paul Wesley said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who read that and thought it was just objectively wrong.  

Reagan is the Godfather of “Government is bad.  We should break the government.”   In 1986 he said the most terrifying words you could hear were “I’m from the government.   I’m here to help.”

I suppose Reagan might be horrified at the way Trump and the Trumpkins openly root for Putin, and relentlessly adopt Kremlin talking points (e.g. Ukraine is not a real nation, Ukraine was never a democracy, we should stop sending all aid to Ukraine, etc.).

But culture wars and anti-government rhetoric - that was Reagan’s brand.  

Don't forget the racism (speech in Philadelphia, MS) and homophobia (doing jack-shit about AIDS).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Ate there the other night for the first time in forever on the way to a high school soccer game. 2 of us, just got regular sandwich combos, nearly $25. I suspect it would be pretty easy to hit that total if you were a regular.

I’m sorry, but there is no reason. Zero fucking reason why anyone would, could or should spend $1200 a month at chik fil a. Unless you are a psychopath. So yeah, it all checks out.
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’m sorry, but there is no reason. Zero fucking reason why anyone would, could or should spend $1200 a month at chik fil a. Unless you are a psychopath. So yeah, it all checks out.

This is the answer.  First of all, 6/7 = 86% of the opportunity to eat fast food.  Now multiply that by 0.01, because even though I inject a fair amount of beer into my system, I'm not augmenting that with fast food shit.

If I spend more than $60 at CFA next year, punch me.  The fact that it's "good" relative to its peers tells me nothing.  It's garbage.

This is the answer.  First of all, 6/7 = 86% of the opportunity to eat fast food.  Now multiply that by 0.01, because even though I inject a fair amount of beer into my system, I'm not augmenting that with fast food shit.
If I spend more than $60 at CFA next year, punch me.  The fact that it's "good" relative to its peers tells me nothing.  It's garbage.

This is my frame of reference:

I love bbq. It is evident from the amount I post in the bbq thread. Most of the time I eat bbq by myself. Even with today ridiculous bbq prices, let’s call it $30 a meal, in a month I would eat maybe $120 worth of craft bbq. Maybe.

I have two kids under the age of 10. Even considering them, if you combined all the fast food we eat as a family in a month, there is no goddamn way we crack $400 in a month.

What a fucking jackass.

5 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Yeah, I think people forget what a POS Reagan was. These episodes at least deliver some yuks along with the wtfs, and there are plenty of those.

Just watched both episodes...holy fucking shit. I mean, I knew it was bad but had no idea how bad. Fortunately, I was a dumb adolescent through most of it and wasn't too politically aware though I did pay some attention. Had I known all that the time, I'd certainly have turned into a nihilistic, suicidal goth kid. So, thank you gawd we didn't have the internet?

Also, what the fuck White House corp? You've always been awful, maybe even worse then than today. Fuck. The roots of today's GOP run deep... Of course, I knew that but didn't know how fucking blatantly bad of a human being Reagan was all throughout his adult life. Jesus Christ.

Also also, fuck you, Nancy. Did we ever find out who her astrologist was?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Let’s call it half of his claim at $600. Even if that is the case, it illustrates EXACTLY what kind of American he is (which lines up with his various dips hit stances on this site over the years).

They are closed on Sunday. You would have to eat 4.4 $10 combo meals a day.

Gordon Ramsay Fox GIF by Masterchef

• Like 1

They are closed on Sunday. You would have to eat 4.4 $10 combo meals a day.

200.gif

Y’all really don’t know how white Bible-thumping suburbanites roll? His wife Karen takes little Briley, Brynleigh, and Kailey through the Chick Fil a drive thru 8 towns a week…and goes inside to order a she can let them run wild on the playground another 4-5 times (remember, they serve breakfast). She also picks it up to bring home for dinner another 2-3 times. These people LOVE them some chick fil a.

17 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Let’s call it half of his claim at $600. Even if that is the case, it illustrates EXACTLY what kind of American he is (which lines up with his various dips hit stances on this site over the years).

probably waits 20 minutes in the drive thru line with the a/c blasting on a 70° day in february then complains about the price of gas

17 hours ago, bolverk said:

Did we ever find out who her astrologist was?

Jeane Dixon, America's and Hollywood's favorite astrologer of the 1970s and 1980s. Just another quack grifter ... not too different than America's televangelists. Selling dreams and delusions.

Edited by BevoAbyss
clarity

4 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Jeane Dixon, America's and Hollywood's favorite astrologer of the 1970s and 1980s. Just another quack grifter ... not too different than America's televangelists. Selling dreams and delusions.

Correction. According to Time magazine (1988), the Reagan's lost faith in Dixon and turned to another quack named Joan Quigley, daughter of rich GOP donor. 

https://content.time.com/time/subscriber/article/0,33009,967410,00.html

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2023 at 12:03 AM, Brisketexan said:

Y’all really don’t know how white Bible-thumping suburbanites roll? His wife Karen takes little Briley, Brynleigh, and Kailey through the Chick Fil a drive thru 8 towns a week…and goes inside to order a she can let them run wild on the playground another 4-5 times (remember, they serve breakfast). She also picks it up to bring home for dinner another 2-3 times. These people LOVE them some chick fil a.

This. They're closed on Sunday, and they tell you to "Have a blessed day" when you leave so the fundigelical crowd loves them. The one near me has a 2 lane drive thru that stays wrapped around the building and blocking traffic from open to close. Combined with the Starbucks next door and the Target and Hobby Lobby in the main shopping center, it's like Mecca for basic white bitches. 

Speaking of Starbucks . . . what is the continuing fascination?  The drive-thru on Anderson Lane often has a dozen cars waiting to order, and yet Sorrento's Coffee has a little kiosk in the parking lot across the street and a block down which rarely has even a couple of cars in line.  And (bonus) their coffee is way better than Starbucks.

Americans are really drunk on gullible with a chaser of stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1