New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

House Ethics Committee officially announces investigation of George Santos.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/02/politics/george-santos-house-ethics-committee/index.html

The House Ethics Committee announced Thursday it is officially moving forward with a probe into embattled Rep. George Santos as the New York Republican faces mounting legal issues and calls to resign for extensively lying about his resume and biography.

The Ethics Committee said in a news release that it voted to set up an investigative subcommittee with authority to look into a number issues, including whether Santos may have engaged in unlawful activity related to his 2022 congressional campaign.

According to the release, the investigative panel will have jurisdiction to determine whether Santos “may have engaged in unlawful activity with respect to his 2022 congressional campaign; failed to properly disclose required information on statements filed with the House; violated federal conflict of interest laws in connection with his role in a firm providing fiduciary services; and/or engaged in sexual misconduct towards an individual seeking employment in his congressional office.”

Santos responded to the investigation announcement in a tweet.

“The House Committee on Ethics has opened an investigation, and Congressman George Santos is fully cooperating,” his office’s Twitter account wrote. “There will be no further comment made at this time.”

Santos told CNN in early February that he is “not concerned” about a House ethics probe or about New York constituents calling on him to resign.

“You’re saying that the freedom of speech of my constituents is a distraction to my work?” Santos said. “Do you think people are a distraction to the work I’m doing here?”

7 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Even if the investigation concludes all the shit we know from the news there’s no way a GOP house expels him or even kicks him off committees. 

Which is why I’m assuming it’s a dog and pony show to claim no wrongdoing to give him cover to stay on and then cover to allow it. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 2:29 PM, TexasHooch said:

The latest spin is right up there with "jew-ish".  

I wasn't trying to trick the people, I was just trying to trick the party.  CaN"t YoU SeE, iT's DiFfErEnT.

... with is little "don't tread on me" pin.  This fucking guy.

"This wasn't tricking the people, this was getting accepted by the party."  WTF. Isn't the party made up of people that he tricked?

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The party just wouldn't have accepted him if his mom didn't die on 9/11. Or if he didn't play volleyball in college. At the college he never attended.

Sure, they were able to reconcile him being brown and gay.  But not that.  Never that.

5 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Even if the investigation concludes all the shit we know from the news there’s no way a GOP house expels him or even kicks him off committees. 

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Which is why I’m assuming it’s a dog and pony show to claim no wrongdoing to give him cover to stay on and then cover to allow it. 

Their problem is if he resigns to somehow try and avoid the probe - I'm guessing whoever is funding him can't be too happy that somebody is digging around, even if it's friendly Republicans.

“Santos taught me how to skim card information and how to clone cards. He gave me all the material and taught me how to put skimming devices and cameras on ATM machines,” Trelha said. 

He said Santos had a warehouse in Orlando, Fla., that housed materials such as printers and blank ATM and credit cards that could be painted and engraved with stolen account and personal information. 

Oh Sure John Candy GIF - Oh Sure John Candy Ok - Discover ...

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm unsure there is any story about Santos that would surprise me.  Maybe if he led a team to rob the Nakatomi Plaza on Christmas eve I would be surprised. Nothing else.

He, sir, is no Hans Gruber.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

“Santos taught me how to skim card information and how to clone cards. He gave me all the material and taught me how to put skimming devices and cameras on ATM machines,” Trelha said. 

He said Santos had a warehouse in Orlando, Fla., that housed materials such as printers and blank ATM and credit cards that could be painted and engraved with stolen account and personal information. 

Oh Sure John Candy GIF - Oh Sure John Candy Ok - Discover ...

Yeah, that sort of crime seems to be outside Santos’ skill set. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/10/politics/george-santos-credit-card-skimming-atm-fraud/index.html

Santos declares himself innocent of these charges. But he does know the guy and Santos made an appearance at that guy's 2017 trial for this crime. The audio has Santos lying to the judge about working for Goldman Sachs. I'm assuming that lie has been a staple for him for years.

Now it's possible that Santos didn't do this. When you're a con man, I assume that you somewhat associate with other con men, who could easily look to extort you with real or made up lies. But if Santos was associating himself with a guy putting skimmers on ATMs, its reasonable to assume Santos would join in on the work.

It also makes you wonder if there is a bank video out there capturing Santos doing this. 

3 hours ago, dcbc said:

"It's little known, but I was actually born in West Germany where I spent my days building models and attending private school with my brother Simon before moving to America and changing my name to George Santos." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dcbc said:

You kidding?  He practically co-founded the Brazilian Dawn of Time magazine fame.  

When my revolutionary brothers in sweater vests are released, we can negotiate for his resignation.  Until then, radio silence and find my debutantes!  I mean, detonators! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So does he have one blue blazer and one blue sweater that he wears over and over, or a closet full of both?

Probably just walks in the store, puts on new versions of all his old stuff, walks out again.

Alarms beeping all over, "no that's not me, that's you."

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/rep-george-santos-denies-wrongdoing-atm-fraud-scheme-rcna74449

Responding to questions about the ATM allegations, Santos said he'd been "an asset for law enforcement in Seattle. I assisted them with the case. I assisted in them bringing down a range of criminals and I’m very proud of that."

He also said he'd spoken to unidentified law enforcement Seattle on Thursday. Asked by NBC News if he'd been assured he would not be charged in the case, he said, "I didn’t say that."

"I spoke to them about the case. We were going over the case yesterday. I haven’t been guaranteed anything but I’m very confident I can fight this one. It’s very easy," he said on Friday.

hahahahahahahaha. Gosh, wonder where this one is headed??

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/rep-george-santos-denies-wrongdoing-atm-fraud-scheme-rcna74449

Responding to questions about the ATM allegations, Santos said he'd been "an asset for law enforcement in Seattle. I assisted them with the case. I assisted in them bringing down a range of criminals and I’m very proud of that."

He also said he'd spoken to unidentified law enforcement Seattle on Thursday. Asked by NBC News if he'd been assured he would not be charged in the case, he said, "I didn’t say that."

"I spoke to them about the case. We were going over the case yesterday. I haven’t been guaranteed anything but I’m very confident I can fight this one. It’s very easy," he said on Friday.

hahahahahahahaha. Gosh, wonder where this one is headed??

wow, say you're cooperating because you're guilty without saying you're cooperating because you're guilty