NFL week 17 / Bills DB Damar Hamlin seriously injured, taken away via ambulance- MNF game suspended

shadow_operative2.0

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is feeling like one of Goodell's Top 10 fuckups.  Why is it so hard to do the right thing?  At the very least, it's a safety issue for the other players -- elite athletes playing a violent game with their minds elsewhere is a recipe for additional disaster.  Beyond that, it's an insult to Hamlin and his family.  

Are there no adults in the NFL front office?  Don't answer that.

As much as I hate Goodell, I don't see any problem with giving it as much as an hour or so until more information is known, to be absolutely sure. Ain't nobody goin' nowhere anyway until they find out the status of Hamlin. Ultimately, it's probably up to the teams to decide if they wish to continue, which they probably don't unless they get some news that changes things.

• Like 2

I agree the game should be called but it’s not like we haven’t seen grave, grave, life as you know it over (not dead) type catastrophic injuries and they just keep going. It’s a fucking brutal sport, one we love to watch but it’s a sport that makes about as much sense as boxing. Yes call the game, we all agree because we are decent people. Asking an organization that just keeps the clock rolling through catastrophic spinal injuries shouldn’t be expected to handle this all that well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

The "waiting for his mom" just seems so ominous.  I just have this feeling if he was awake and alert we would have already heard something 

Definitely. Even if he was stabilized, you’d think they’d want to get him to the hospital ASAP. Reading between the lines, then taking the time to wait for his mother seems to indicated a worst case scenario. Also, the NFL would want to get ahead of this as quickly as possible if they could publicize that’s he’s not dead or is in stable condition.