John Fetterman - saving America with sweatshirts and Umbros

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Neurologist George Santos will be briefing the media later this morning.  

Yeah he’s attending some conference of nuclear physicists first and then he will address this issue just before his mission to the Moon.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Better him than Dr. Oz, but if the headline I just read says he checked himself in for clinical depression. He has been in Senate for only a couple of months and he had a fairly light load as Lt. Gov. I wonder if just the workload is too much for him in current state.

I don't see him being able to finish term based on what he's dealing with. I don't know PA rules, does Gov have to appoint someone from same party to finish term if he can't or does a special election happen?

Agree that it sounds like Fetterman needs to step aside to let someone else serve the PA citizens. 

The PA governor appoints someone to fill the spot until the next statewide general election, presumably 2024, who then would complete the rest of Fetterman's term. I don't know if PA has a rule that the appointee has to be from the same party but that seems unimportant since the governor is also a Democrat.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Better him than Dr. Oz, but if the headline I just read says he checked himself in for clinical depression. He has been in Senate for only a couple of months and he had a fairly light load as Lt. Gov. I wonder if just the workload is too much for him in current state.

I don't see him being able to finish term based on what he's dealing with. I don't know PA rules, does Gov have to appoint someone from same party to finish term if he can't or does a special election happen?

Expressive Aphasia has a very high comorbidity of depression. Sprinkle in being a Senator and this is not surprising at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Lot's of talented folks representing us in the US Senate, it seems.

Baffled Dianne Feinstein walks out of Senate chamber wondering what just happened: 'Did I vote for that?'

https://www.businessinsider.com/feinstein-asked-staff-about-votes-she-cast-on-senate-floor-2023-2

Meanwhile, we're stuck with Ted Cruz and John Cornyn.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 4

Lighten up.  It's "just" depression.  Not to minimize it, but plenty of people function pretty well with depression, including, notably, Winston Churchill.

I imagine the physical and mental toll the stroke took has exacerbated whatever usual tendency he may have had toward depression beforehand.  That's not uncommon.

Important to note presidents such as Lincoln and Coolidge had depression. People still have this "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" perception over mental illness but some of our country's most celebrated politicians have struggled with mental illness.

I think Feinstein's issues are a bigger deal than Fetterman's hospitalization. Glad she's retiring.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Lighten up.  It's "just" depression.  Not to minimize it, but plenty of people function pretty well with depression, including, notably, Winston Churchill.

I imagine the physical and mental toll the stroke took has exacerbated whatever usual tendency he may have had toward depression beforehand.  That's not uncommon.

I would argue Depression secondary to Expressive Aphasia is a bit more than your classic case. One of the more effective treatments is psychotherapy (or talk therapy) which can be rather difficult to participate in when the language center of your brain is no longer functioning appropriately.

45 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Lot's of talented folks representing us in the US Senate, it seems.

Baffled Dianne Feinstein walks out of Senate chamber wondering what just happened: 'Did I vote for that?'

https://www.businessinsider.com/feinstein-asked-staff-about-votes-she-cast-on-senate-floor-2023-2

Negged because your driveby shit post has nothing to do with Fetterman.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Negged because your driveby shit post has nothing to do with Fetterman.

Thanks, but I think that the Feinstein post has everything to do with Fetterman. Congressional staff control what's happening.  Do your think that either of those two have had an original thought in months? 

• Fuck You 3

10 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He most definitely DOES NOT need to resign.  That would send a message that folks that battle depression are incapable of doing their  jobs.  He needs to get the immediate treatment that he needs, and follow-up on an outpatient basis. 

He's a big, tough, ugly motherfucker, and doing this publicly is a great, great thing.  

I wish him fabulous success. 

Accepting help and stepping back from a job is not a sign of weakness. Unfortunately his job isn't just a assembly line or an office worker where someone else can step in. He has requirements that if he can't perform them, it just doesn't get done. 

Americans of all shapes and stripes got shit to deal with inside their skulls.  Film at 11.  Hope he gets the help he needs.  

I've literally drank bourbon and looked in the eye of Ted Cruz while somebody else was fucking his wife not 50 feet from us while I ran interference.  Surely, Fetterman can have a moment to get well.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's directed at people on this very thread that think Fetterman can't perform his duties under emotional duress.  When there's plenty of examples of Senators still showing up for work, when they're not in Cancun, undergoing all kinda personal shit.  Fetterman got this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Thanks, but I think that the Feinstein post has everything to do with Fetterman. Congressional staff control what's happening.  Do your think that either of those two have had an original thought in months? 

Fuck you and your shitposting.  There is zero evidence that Fetterman has any kind of cognitive deficit.  You, on the other hand . . .

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• Pancho changed the title to John Fetterman - saving America with sweatshirts and Umbros