2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

We’re going to have the deepest WR room in a very long time next year. We could run a legit 5 WR set with Worthy, Mitchell, Whittington, Neyor, and Cook. It’s unlikely that we will considering JT Sanders may be our second best receiver but regardless, it’s going to be nice having this amount of talent to work with.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

When has it been so clear to so many that Texas has a significant conference talent advantage?  2005?  I’m just not used to this perspective, after all these years. 

3 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

Stop I can only get so erect

While I agree on the talent, after the last ten years or so I refuse to get too hard.   Keeping it at half chub.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

I told Sark, "This is the year." 

He said, "Enjoy your evening." 

I now expect 10 losses. 

Probably because he's familiar with those "We're gonna win" threads of yours...

Or maybe that's snacks. 

Too hungover to think right now

• Like 1

We’re going to have the deepest WR room in a very long time next year. We could run a legit 5 WR set with Worthy, Mitchell, Whittington, Neyor, and Cook. It’s unlikely that we will considering JT Sanders may be our second best receiver but regardless, it’s going to be nice having this amount of talent to work with.

I think the more practical advantage is in rotating so wr legs stay fresh during the game and over the season. Can’t rotate DBs like that and fresh legs run faster.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I think the more practical advantage is in rotating so wr legs stay fresh during the game and over the season. Can’t rotate DBs like that and fresh legs run faster.

Sexy Girl Running GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Bevo

9 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Interesting...

Curious how he (Chryst) would mesh as an analyst with what Sark does.

Well... I believe his special gift is detecting the stench of rotting fish heads and their location. Take it for what it is.

Edited by Tex Long

Just now, Vertigo said:

We are about to be REALLY GOOD at halfback dive. 

Those early 2010s teams were doing a lot more than halfback dive. Go watch the highlights of the championship game they hung 70 on Pelini. He had a 9 OL wildcat formation. Now that was him 10 years ago, creativity seems to be gone from him now, but these analyst hires always feel like only upside. 

9 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Those early 2010s teams were doing a lot more than halfback dive. Go watch the highlights of the championship game they hung 70 on Pelini. He had a 9 OL wildcat formation. Now that was him 10 years ago, creativity seems to be gone from him now, but these analyst hires always feel like only upside. 

Im not sure we have a wildcat RB this year… Rojo spoiled us  

23 minutes ago, MH BEVO said:

Im not sure we have a wildcat RB this year… Rojo spoiled us  

Obviously not the same, but Red did play QB in high school. 

Edited by Park Gothic
From his profile on the school website: "played quarterback and completed 70-of-138 passes for 857 yards and seven touchdowns, while rushing 157 times for 1,367 yards (8.7 ypc) and 20 touchdowns ... as a senior"

2 hours ago, hookemATL said:

My sources are telling me that Paul Chryst is joining the staff.

Big Ten Football GIF by Wisconsin Badgers

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Interesting...

Curious how he would mesh as an analyst with what Sark does.

If Punxsutawney Paul sees his shadow Sark is going to put us in 14 personnel all year.  

I'm good on the Chryst thing. From an Athletic article, it seems he was recruiting with a pre-social media mindset, never adjusted as things changed, and then got fired for it. Dude's only 57. He could be coming here to re-learn the business part of being a head coach. Regardless, it's always good to have smart football minds around. 

On 5/20/2023 at 8:37 AM, Auto Driller said:

Lot of potential there. There is also a lot of injury concern. Neyor is coming off a knee surgery and missed the spring. Mitchell missed most of last season and was in a non-contact jersey for spring. JWhitt has obviously had his issue with injuries. Amazingly, the only WR coming back that has proven he can stay on the field is the guy coming in at 160 pounds. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Lot of potential there. There is also a lot of injury concern. Neyor is coming off a knee surgery and missed the spring. Mitchell missed most of last season and was in a non-contact jersey for spring. JWhitt has obviously had his issue with injuries. Amazingly, the only WR coming back that has proven he can stay on the field is the guy coming in at 160 pounds. 

Didnt he play the whole year with a broken hand? 

I like that Stevie is giving little Nicky a run for his money when it comes to ex HC rehab, (and has one on staff as LB coach who didn't really need it) but until he strings together enough wins to get the team at least in the CCG, it don't make a shit.