2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

31 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

lulz now you’ve managed to be even more wrong than before. RAS takes into account height and weight as part of the score and dinged him for being small as a DE.  He was 89th percentile overall as a DE. If you put him in as a LB, which includes smaller ILBs, then he jumps up to 94th overall in testing numbers and 89th for 3 cone. So his 3 cone was still elite at either spot. 

I realize you don’t have the ability to admit you’re wrong, but you were dead wrong about his 3 cone being meaningless or unimpressive no matter which way you slice it. Maybe stop digging the hole deeper. Either way I’m done reading your inane bullshit on this topic. 

7E96DDD1-AD02-4B0A-9535-33BFD9185AD7.jpeg

Ill maintain that he was a tweener that lacked an explosive step and was stiff in space. If you want to argue a highly productive college player went undrafted and did nothing with his NFL opportunity was a freak, so be it. You can continue to argue with actual history and 32 GMs. 

https://www.walterfootball.com/wu2014jjeffcoat.php

Why Undrafted?: Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
By Charlie Campbell, @draftcampbell

Jeffcoat spent the last three years as a consistent Big XII pass-rusher. He saved his best for his final season as by racking up 13 sacks in 2013. Jeffcoat had four sacks in an injury shortened junior year and 7.5 sacks as a sophomore. Many believed him to be a mid-rounder, but he fell to the undrafted ranks.

Sources told WalterFootball.com that they had given Jeffcoat a late-round grade because the 6-foot-3, 247-pounder is viewed as a tweener for the NFL. He is too small to play defensive end and not quick or athletic enough to play outside linebacker. There are also concerns about his health and durability.

Even though Jeffcoat went undrafted, he landed in a great situation with Seattle. The Seahawks won the Super Bowl off their ability to turn mid- or late-round picks into great players. Jeffcoat could fit Seattle's LEO linebacker position as a pass-rusher off the edge. It may take some developmental time, but don't be surprised if Jeffcoat turns into a solid role player for Seattle.

Edited by Codaxx

Not to belabour the point but Jeffcoat killed it at the combine.

• 4.63 s in the 40-yard dash (4th-best among all DL and 5th-best among all OLBs behind Ryan Shazier, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Telvin Smith, and Jadeveon Clowney)
  • 4.18 s in the 20-yard shuttle, #1 among all defensive linemen and #5 among all OLBs.
  • 123-inch broad jump (tied for 5th-best among all OLBs)
  • 6.97 seconds on the 3-cone drill (2nd best among all defensive linemen and 8th best among OLBs).

Only bad performance he put up was the 18 reps on the bench press, probably due to his pectoral tear history (which we know now is usually a sign of repeated juicing).

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Only bad performance he put up was the 18 reps on the bench press, probably due to his pectoral tear history (which we know now is usually a sign of repeated juicing).

Speaking of pec tears. Find the video with audio of Hafthor Bjornsson ( top strongman guy) snapping his pec. Itll curdle your soul. 

Only place i found the clear audio on a quick look was Shaun Jones youtube channel 

But, my god. Not for the feint of heart. 

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

Not to belabour the point but Jeffcoat killed it at the combine.

• 4.63 s in the 40-yard dash (4th-best among all DL and 5th-best among all OLBs behind Ryan Shazier, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Telvin Smith, and Jadeveon Clowney)
  • 4.18 s in the 20-yard shuttle, #1 among all defensive linemen and #5 among all OLBs.
  • 123-inch broad jump (tied for 5th-best among all OLBs)
  • 6.97 seconds on the 3-cone drill (2nd best among all defensive linemen and 8th best among OLBs).

That's not at all what that study says. It says juicing increases the likelihood of a pectoral tear.

Just because drinking and driving increases the chance of a car accident, does not mean that car accidents are usually caused by drinking and driving.

Id be careful accusing someone of juicing based on a study you don't understand that followed six subjects.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Poor fucking devil midget Saban.  You little 5’3” bitch!

Maalik picks up his cell phone and listens to a VM from 666-666-6666

Imaginary Cell Phone Call VM

“Maalik this is Nick.  Nice spring game.  You’d look sweet is any Mercedes on my lots” PLUS $$$$$ NILs PLUS you could start against Texas in week 2 and show them you should’ve been the starter all along and now you are   Give me a jingle back”

Satan hangs up

Maalik hands up and wonders why his cellphone smells like sulfur. 

Edited by NashLonghorn

9 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

image.thumb.png.8352719f4340749af6bc1213c55120df.png

200.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=fafca8c822dcfbbe4

I would imagine Sark gave Malik a pep talk about Matt Cassel. He would be one sprain, break, or concussion away from being the starter. What a luxury to have possibly a back up with minimal drop off from the starter. Most teams that loose a starting QB will have lost their chance at winning a conference championship and a chance at the CFP. I don't think Texas is a CFP team this year, but could win the conference even if Malik had to take the reins.

CHIEF

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

I would imagine Sark gave Malik a pep talk about Matt Cassel. He would be one sprain, break, or concussion away from being the starter. What a luxury to have possibly a back up with minimal drop off from the starter. Most teams that loose a starting QB will have lost their chance at winning a conference championship and a chance at the CFP. I don't think Texas is a CFP team this year, but could win the conference even if Malik had to take the reins.

CHIEF

This is silly fanfiction. Matt Cassel doesn't exist in 2023 because the transfer rules and stigma have completely flipped and you're kidding yourself if you think an NFL team wouldn't question why a real pro prospect didn't go to a school where he'd know he'd get film to prove he can play in actual games. If both Manning and Murphy are on the roster at the beginning of the 2024 season feel free to quote this and call me a fucking moron.

2 minutes ago, Teryor said:

If both Manning and Murphy are on the roster at the beginning of the 2024 season feel free to quote this and call me a fucking moron.

I feel free to call you a moron, right this very instant, because not a nano-second of time needs to pass before your moronity is revealed. You're a moron. Whether fucking or not, and regardless of roster content.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

He could also just point to the fact that he’s yet to have a starting QB stay healthy for the entire season at Texas

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/21/2023 at 5:23 AM, NoName said:

...that's not how blue bloods work. you aren't one then not one. also if Nebraska isn't one, then that doesn't say a lot for Texas based on THE CHART.

image.png.8dbb757e8ed536908e9826baaa10270b.png

That's how life works. Nebraska entered a new world when they went to the Big 10 that has cut them off from both their history and their historical recruiting edge (which had already been somewhat degraded in the Big 12). They are simply not what they were and never will be again. The spell has been broken--they're just a middle of the pack destination in a lower-middle-of-the-pack state that lacks amenities. They might have a good season every now and then, but really, who cares?   

Texas has underperformed a lot since 1985, which I suppose can fairly be used to question our blue blood status. What keeps us in the conversation is the fact that we're rich, and we're the flagship university of a huge state that produces a lot of football players. We innately have the potential to be what we've been at times and always will have that potential.