2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

The Alamo Bowl was a perfect Sark nightmare. 47 pass attempts. K. Robinson led the team with 8 carries. He could have flipped a coin and called a better game. 

Sark is pass happy AF and worse addicted to the deep (8) ball. He either gets over this or he’ll break an excellent roster over his knee. 

So if RoJo and Bijan aren’t available… uh why do we think he’ll his change his mind? Please prove me wrong. But I understand where the Sark doubts come from. 
Roster building, good. Play calling, bad. Not what we expected. 

Washington shut down the run game with a combination of stout DL play and schematic decision making. They correctly decided to make a Texas team that hadn’t shown the ability to execute consistently in the downfield passing game do so. I’m as down on Sark as anyone but he didn’t dial up the drops and misses. I wouldn’t call that a play calling loss.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 5:17 PM, gmr548 said:

Washington shut down the run game with a combination of stout DL play and schematic decision making. They correctly decided to make a Texas team that hadn’t shown the ability to execute consistently in the downfield passing game do so. I’m as down on Sark as anyone but he didn’t dial up the drops and misses. I wouldn’t call that a play calling loss.

Also doesn’t help Brooks got sports hernia and we were relying on a scat back to push chains and be primary ball carrier. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 4/22/2023 at 4:20 PM, Tired Horn said:

image.png

That's how life works. Nebraska entered a new world when they went to the Big 10 that has cut them off from both their history and their historical recruiting edge (which had already been somewhat degraded in the Big 12). They are simply not what they were and never will be again. The spell has been broken--they're just a middle of the pack destination in a lower-middle-of-the-pack state that lacks amenities. They might have a good season every now and then, but really, who cares?   

Texas has underperformed a lot since 1985, which I suppose can fairly be used to question our blue blood status. What keeps us in the conversation is the fact that we're rich, and we're the flagship university of a huge state that produces a lot of football players. We innately have the potential to be what we've been at times and always will have that potential.

guy, the concept of a blue blood isn't one that just...goes away. that's literally not how it works.

if you are talking who you think wins an national championship in the next decade, they are doubtful to be on that list. but if you are talking college football blue bloods they are 100% unequivocally on that list.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, NoName said:

guy, the concept of a blue blood isn't one that just...goes away. that's literally not how it works.

if you are talking who you think wins an national championship in the next decade, they are doubtful to be on that list. but if you are talking college football blue bloods they are 100% unequivocally on that list.

Minnesota and Yale used to be blue bloods.  You can be removed from the list.  It is quite obvious that Nebraska is on the path towards removal, we’ll take them off after another decade or two of complete and total suckage.

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Minnesota and Yale used to be blue bloods.  You can be removed from the list.  It is quite obvious that Nebraska is on the path towards removal, we’ll take them off after another decade or two of complete and total suckage.

Coaching matters, we have found that out between Akers and Mack and now Mack and Sark....

IMO Rhule is the best coach they've hired since Solich. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

this is the pretty well accepted blue blood list. circled in red...

image.png.ac03b44aadaa87c845a388aa129c87dd.png

Yale last won a national championship from a NCAA-designated selector in 1927. the last time they won one with more than 1 selector was in 1909. Yale is also FCS, not FBS and has been since 1982.

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, someguy said:

Keilan Robinson was also struggling with a groin injury going into the game.  The RB room was in rough shape for the bowl game.

Seems weird in retrospect that Blue didn't play. I don't think we'll be seeing box scores like this again anytime soon. 

image.png.3dfa233edaeb21df0dbfb2c5ea37f811.png

On 4/22/2023 at 5:17 PM, gmr548 said:

I agree here

You take what the defense gives you, they were daring Texas to go over the top and Texas just couldn't connect on those. If they are clogging up the inside and have a million guys in the box, running over and over only works if you have Bijan and RoJo...

This year I expect Neyor to come in more if X cant catch a deep ball. Also I fully expect Murphy to get some playtime if fucking Ewers is out of it.

We are gonna beat Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 6

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

David Pollack said Georgia was going to win convincingly against Texas in the Sugar Bowl.  He's never liked Texas.

Pollack is going to drag us all the way until we start winning in the SEC. His nightmare is an up Texas to deal with when we enter in 2024.

Edited by Vertigo

45 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

David Pollack said Georgia was going to win convincingly against Texas in the Sugar Bowl.  He's never liked Texas.

David Pollack: Texas is 'gonna get smoked' against Alabama - Longhorns Wire

September 10, 2022

David Pollack is not buying the Longhorns chances. The former Georgia standout had the following to say about the matchup on ESPN’s College Gameday.

Listen, Texas loves barbecue. They love their brisket. They’re gonna get smoked today. Absolutely smoked. Alabama is the best team in the country for a reason. Texas, just try to hold on, try to stay healthy. Have a fun rest of the year, but you ain’t winning today.

• Haha 2

Im all in on a national championship this year and don't see a loss through 2027 at least when Arch is picked first in draft......but anyone who hates on analysts for not picking Texas stopped watching football in 2010 or so.  You have the pattern recognition of Greg Davis reading an OU defense "12 four-yard outs on 3rd and 6 didn't work but I'm going in for thirteenths."

We suck until we don't. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

Im all in on a national championship this year and don't see a loss through 2027 at least when Arch is picked first in draft......but anyone who hates on analysts for not picking Texas stopped watching football in 2010 or so.  You have the pattern recognition of Greg Davis reading an OU defense "12 four-yard outs on 3rd and 6 didn't work but I'm going in for thirteenths."

We suck until we don't. 

need a user name change

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

We suck until we don't. 

You're about to get dunked on by more than just me, so I'll make it quick and let the others move up in line. Said "analyst", if you can call him that, has a history of being wrong about Texas. Said analyst also claimed there was "not a chance" Texas would win the Big 12 next year, despite the fact that there was a chance we would win it last year, and there is a chance we will be better than last year. You're bad at non-binary thinking, and college football isn't a one game season in which you either win it all or lose it all. You can't claim, "we suck until we don't" and in the same breath claim that anyone who hates on an analyst for announcing we have "no chance" to win the Big 12 must think that we are going undefeated through 2027. You're using hyperbole to criticize those who hate on an analyst for using hyperbole. You're no better than David Pollack.

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

5 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I wonder if he’s willing to put 10k on that not a chance.

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Pollack is going to drag us all the way until we start winning in the SEC. His nightmare is an up Texas to deal with when we enter in 2024.

Here's the video clip:

• Fuck You 1

Glen:
How many David Pollacks it take to screw up a lightbulb?

H.I.:
I don't know, Glen. One?

Glen:
Nope, it takes three.

Glen:
Wait a minute, I told it wrong. Here, I'm startin' over: How come it takes three David Pollacks to screw up a lightbulb?

H.I.:
I don't know, Glen.

Glen:
'Cause they're so darn stupid!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Here's the video clip:

I don’t underhand Pollack’s butthurt. Did Texas Rec Sports deny his access on a Gameday weekend and he had to work at the W’s gym? 

We never payed Georgia while he was a player, nor did we surpass them in bowl seeding during his tenure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

My favorite was Big Dawg Brett (youtube) saying that there was no way Georgia could possibly lose.   Even if Georgia came out flat and didn't care they would still steam roll Texas.   And that Baylor was a school in California.  

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

My favorite was Big Dawg Brett (youtube) saying that there was no way Georgia could possibly lose.   Even if Georgia came out flat and didn't care they would still steam roll Texas.   And that Baylor was a school in California.  

Baylor in California is really funny.  Those two institutions couldn’t possibly coexist.

On 4/24/2023 at 5:43 AM, NoName said:

Of course the concept of a blue blood doesn't just go away. But who is considered a blue blood absolutely can and does change in all walks of life. The things that made Nebraska a blue blood aren't operative anymore, and they're well on their way off to being off the list no matter what happened decades ago.

If the honor of Nebraska football is that important to you, I'm sorry to have offended it. But that's just how I see things, and I'm hardly alone in that.

2 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Of course the concept of a blue blood doesn't just go away. But who is considered a blue blood absolutely can and does change in all walks of life. The things that made Nebraska a blue blood aren't operative anymore, and they're well on their way off to being off the list no matter what happened decades ago.

If the honor of Nebraska football is that important to you, I'm sorry to have offended it. But that's just how I see things, and I'm hardly alone in that.

Nebraska hasn’t done shit this century…

Hell, they haven’t done shit this millennium!

They are not a blue blood. 

15 hours ago, South Austin said:

Glen:
How many David Pollacks it take to screw up a lightbulb?

H.I.:
I don't know, Glen. One?

Glen:
Nope, it takes three.

Glen:
Wait a minute, I told it wrong. Here, I'm startin' over: How come it takes three David Pollacks to screw up a lightbulb?

H.I.:
I don't know, Glen.

Glen:
'Cause they're so darn stupid!

Nicolas Cage Lineup GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Man, I know a lot can change but I don't see how either Worthy or Ewers are 1st round picks.  Especially Worthy.  I guess the hope is he is like Devonta Smith but that feels almost like the exception that proves the rule.

Just now, EZ$ said:

Worthy will need to catch 80 balls without a drop this year and run a low 4.3 40 to be a first rounder at his size. 

He just need to be productive. If his drops go to just a couple this year and has like 60-80 catches and gets 1000ish yards with 10ish touchdown he'll run fast at the combine and be drafted. He's 100% first round round talent. Just need his mental to catch up to that talent IMO. I think Chris Jackson could be instrumental in that catch up process.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gurt said:

Man, I know a lot can change but I don't see how either Worthy or Ewers are 1st round picks.  Especially Worthy.  I guess the hope is he is like Devonta Smith but that feels almost like the exception that proves the rule.

Quinn's arm is better than any QB in the past 2 drafts. If he improves and has somewhere around the following stat lines he'll be highly regarded,

Completion percentage 64%+
Yardage - 3500-4250
Touchdowns 25+
Interceptions: Fewer than 5

Scouts will be salivating and the above performance would put in line to be 2 or 3 in the draft behind Caleb Williams and fighting Maye out for the next QB taken.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I see those and raise you T'Vondre Sweat at 28 

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024_1.php

Also Ewers 11, Sanders 26

Ewers is going to be a first round pick next year unless he loses his job during the season. Will Levis threw 23 interceptions in 2 seasons. And never topped 2500 yards passing, and he was the second pick of the second round. Anthony Richardson had a 57% completion percentage and was a top 5 pick. 

The math has changed on QB evaluation. You cant hardly win a superbowl unless you have a star QB on a rookie contract. Everyone is looking for those guys. The risk tolerance is out of whack.

Quinn has elite traits, and as long as he shows progress this year he is a round 1 lock. He will remind too many of Mahomes, and the entire league is kicking themselves for not drafting him.

• Hook 'Em 6