2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

He’s not Kyle Pitts (there’s just one like him), but he doesn’t need to be.

One TE was selected in the first round this year, Dalton Kincaid at 6’4” and 246 pounds. Sanders is listed in college (obviously not combine verified) at 6’4” 241, with another year to gain some mass. Mayer from ND is 6’4 1/2” 249. JT’s size won’t be an issue, unless teams are looking for road graders. There’s a place for the downfield receiving YAC threat mismatch at TE that JT can fulfill nicely, and some team(s) may decide that comes with first round value. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Sanders doesnt have the size that highly drafted tight ends typically have

Below are all the 1st and second round tight ends taken:

1st - Dalton Kincaid 6'4 246
2nd - Sam LaPorta 6'3 245
2nd - Michael Mayer 6'4-1/2" 249
2nd - Luke Musgrave 6'6 253
2nd - Luke Schoonmaker 6'5 251
2nd - Brenton Strange 6'4 253

Projected top 10 Pick: Brock Bowers 6'4 230 lbs(According to Georgia Website)

JT 6'4 241 lbs

As long as he's 6'3 to 6'5 and 240-255 lbs at the combine there is no issue with his size.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Sanders doesnt have the size that highly drafted tight ends typically have

What size does he need to be, because his production matches potential 1st round. 

He's probably a 2nd, assuming a similar year and more wins. 

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

What size does he need to be, because his production matches potential 1st round. 

He's probably a 2nd, assuming a similar year and more wins. 

If he is productive this year and his blocking improves like we saw from year 1 to year 2 then I think he could be a mid to late 1st guy. Assuming he test well at the combine and doesn't come in not near his listed height and weight. I assume he'll test good in the 40 and vertical as well as agility drills. I expect him to have one of the higher, if not highest, athleticism grades.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

McShay 2024 mock

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/37024079/2024-nfl-mock-draft-todd-mcshay-early-first-round-predictions-quarterback-landing-spots-32-picks

18. Miami Dolphins

Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas*

Sanders is a rising star. Miami moved on from Mike Gesicki and could use a difference-maker at tight end -- someone who could provide Tua Tagovailoa with a security blanket in the middle of the field and give the Dolphins some size in the red zone. A reliable pass-catcher, Sanders is 6-foot-4 and hauled in 54 passes for 613 yards last season.

22. Detroit Lions

Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas*

Worthy has some wheels, but his lean frame might concern some scouts. At 6-foot-1 and 163 pounds, he's the receiver version of cornerback Emmanuel Forbes, who was just drafted at No. 16 last Thursday night. Even so, Worthy went for 760 yards and nine TDs last season, and he could fit nicely alongside Amon-Ra St. Brown and Jameson Williams to give Jared Goff and/or Hendon Hooker a solid trio of wideouts. With Jahmyr Gibbs also there, that offense has a chance to be a lot of fun. Alternatively, Detroit could go defense and continue adding to the defensive line.

Cross-posting... Sark/CDC/RT/Vic scheduled to attend 

Texas Exes announce 2023 Texas Fight Tour

On May 9, the Texas Exes will host the San Antonio leg of the Texas Fight Tour at the Chicken N Pickle from 6-8 p.m. Details for the event at 5215 UTSA Boulevard can be found here. Prices for this event, and those in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston, are $25 for Texas Exes and Longhorn Foundation members, $35 for non-members, and $10 for children ages 7-12. Children 6 and under get in free.

The second leg of the tour will be held in Dallas on May 10, also from 6-8 p.m. The event is scheduled to take place at Ferris Wheelers Backyard and BBQ, located at 1950 Market Center Boulevard.

The following night’s event in Fort Worth will be at the Fort Worth Stockyards Station, located at 140 East Exchange Avenue.

Houston’s turn to host the Texas Fight Tour will be on May 16 at J-Bar-M Barbecue at 2201 Leeland Street.

8 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Urban said we may have most talented roster in country 

Honestly, Meyer needs to fuck off. I think he's still salty about how we treated Herman. Him and the media want to hype Texas up to an impossible degree so they can shit all over us for falling short of the ridiculous standards they set.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Honestly, Meyer needs to fuck off. I think he's still salty about how we treated Herman. Him and the media want to hype Texas up to an impossible degree so they can shit all over us for falling short of the ridiculous standards they set.  

You realize Urban Meyer fucking hates Tom Herman right? Texas unceremoniously tossing Herman into the gutter and then trying hire Meyer probably tickled his taint with joy.

• Hook 'Em 3

What? Urban hates Tom Herman. If anything, his praise of Texas is a backhanded way of saying we are better without Mensa. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Urban’s playing second level chess. After not coming to Texas and getting humiliated in the NFL, he wants another crack at reforming his reputation. By declaring Texas talent the best, underperformance puts Sark on shaky ground, and he’s tan, rested and ready to take a second look at taking over. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Urban’s playing second level chess. After not coming to Texas and getting humiliated in the NFL, he wants another crack at reforming his reputation. By declaring Texas talent the best, underperformance puts Sark on shaky ground, and he’s tan, rested and ready to take a second look at taking over. 

Maybe. He should know better, but with that ego, nothing would surprise me. I think Texas is a universal no thanks, but Urban might not understand that. 

4 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

This might even be a more ridiculous conspiracy theory than the one you started about DJ Campbell. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

You realize Urban Meyer fucking hates Tom Herman right? Texas unceremoniously tossing Herman into the gutter and then trying hire Meyer probably tickled his taint with joy.

Well, he does have a history with taint tickling... 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

That Urban thing (that he is doing this to needle Texas after some Herman-related hate) was being pushed by IT last week. 

Scipio mentioned it specifically but Bobby just kind of ignored him

• Like 1