45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Somewhat surprised. Not at the addition of defendants so much as new charges. Not sure what is the advantage of piecemealing this would be. 

Diversification?  Keeping it from falling all under one judge?  

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Somewhat surprised. Not at the addition of defendants so much as new charges. Not sure what is the advantage of piecemealing this would be. 

Maybe it's not about an advantage as "We just learned about this from Giuliani" or something

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

we have been hearing all along that happy Jack has been interviewing other Trump employees about the shenanigans.   Whoever Trump employee number four is, they provided some good stuff. This includes testimony that Nauta flew down to Mar-a-Lago and told the new defendant that “The boss wants the server deleted.”

And immediately after the Feds said they wanted to know what stuff Trump had, Trump had a 24 minute call with the groundskeeper.    I’m sure Trump was talking about the hibiscus for 24 minutes and it was coincidental that it was immediately after the call about the stollen <sic> boxes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

And immediately after the Feds said they wanted to know what stuff Trump had, Trump had a 24 minute call with the groundskeeper.    I’m sure Trump was talking about the hibiscus for 24 minutes and it was coincidental that it was immediately after the call about the stollen <sic> boxes.

The first 30 seconds of that call was “hey go get the computer guy on the line”

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

q: if 45 said he would drop out and never participate in politics again, would you accept a plea deal? I guess I'd want to see the evidence against him, but my inclination is yeah. and if he breaks even hair of that agreement, off to the pokey. oh, and his stupid fucking kids too. they can't play in the sandbox anymore either after using it as a cat box.

That'd be like just giving the Sudetenland to Trump, maaaaan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

we have been hearing all along that happy Jack has been interviewing other Trump employees about the shenanigans.   Whoever Trump employee number four is, they provided some good stuff. This includes testimony that Nauta flew down to Mar-a-Lago and told the new defendant that “The boss wants the server deleted.”

Maybe it is new information.  But there has been talk about the security footage for quite some time, as well as deletion thereof.

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Maybe it is new information.  But there has been talk about the security footage for quite some time, as well as deletion thereof.

But talk isn't necessarily "evidence you can indict/convict with."

Not sayin' you're wrong.

Edited by Rimbo

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, that was just my guess.   If this was all information they knew all along, then it would be odd to string it out.  On the other hand, given that Trump and his minions always start spinning some lie to justify a factual scenario, it wouldn’t be entirely inappropriate to dump some of the info so that they set their lies before they dump the other half.   

I would not mind if Jack dumped it today just to fuck with Trump after his lawyers met with Jack’s office on the J-1 stuff.   And then they followed up tomorrow with those indictments. Lol.

Jack can’t comment on social media like Trump. So maybe he can shape public opinion with this death by 1000 cuts stuff

• Like 1

And I guess if they had enough information for probable cause to wire tap some of those employees, they might’ve made a decision to dump the first indictment and then listen in to see who calls who and says what?

I am pulling that totally out of my ass as I don’t do a criminal practice

1 hour ago, NAVY said:

Put them on the pile 

stormy underall, "There's a check here for $130,000!"

Trump Webb, "It's yours."

stormy underall, "And a summons.  There's a bunch of 'em!"

Trump Webb, "Keep 'em!" 

• Haha 1

One constant all the lawyers talking about it have said is that the feds don't like to charge something they aren't fairly positive they can convict on. 

My non-lawyer take on it is that Smith may have known some of this, but didn't think it was something he could easily convict on, so he left it out previously. New info has likely surfaced recently that has made him more confident he can convict on these charges. Maybe that's someone that flipped (easiest guess is Trump employees 4 and/or 5 that are mentioned in the indictment, 4 especially given the below section from the indictment).  

"OLIVEIRA told Trump Employee 4 that 'the boss' wanted the server deleted"

Maybe wire taps have revealed corroborating evidence. Maybe it's something else, but Smith isn't the kind to fuck around. He's going to be thorough and pursue every lead.  

Something has changed and strengthened his case on these specific charges. Can't wait for the trial where we'll get to see what it is. 

Edited by Pods
  • Like 2

Jack Smith has him dead to rights on multiple things, it seems. As we have all known for years. 

His only chance is to drag it all out, “win” the election, and pardon himself.  If that goes down, the country will self destruct. That cannot be allowed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

For those wondering, THIS surveillance tape slapdickery occurred in June 2022, and the FBI received the tapes in July 2022. The pool flooding slapdickery didn’t occur until October 2022, after the FBI requested another round of tapes.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/05/politics/mar-a-lago-pool-flood-suspicions-prosecutors-trump-investigation-classified-documents/index.html

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pods said:

One constant all the lawyers talking about it have said is that the feds don't like to charge something they aren't fairly positive they can convict on. 

My non-lawyer take on it is that Smith may have known some of this, but didn't think it was something he could easily convict on, so he left it out previously. New info has likely surfaced recently that has made him more confident he can convict on these charges. Maybe that's someone that flipped (easiest guess is Trump employees 4 and/or 5 that are mentioned in the indictment, 4 especially given the below section from the indictment).  

Maybe wire taps have revealed corroborating evidence. Maybe it's something else, but Smith isn't the kind to fuck around. He's going to be thorough and pursue every lead.  

Something has changed and strengthened his case on these specific charges. Can't wait for the trial where we'll get to see what it is. 

My guess is that Smith would have rather had Carlos as a witness, gave him some time to come the conclusion that it would be in his best interests, and when he choose not to went ahead and indicted him as well, hence the delay on the charges with Nauta and Trump, which were inevitable.  If there is anyone else out there that hasn't turned states evidence, this ought serve as a wake up call that if don't, odds are the DOJ knows about you, has recordings/texts of criminal acts, and you will be charged for it.  It helps to have more witnesses.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

From the indictment regarding the FBI interview with DeOliveira:

image.png.7f03430267eba23971b71e54f1ec4a7f.png

spacer.png

The indictment is a great read. I don't know legal strategy, but I'm glad this is in the public record. 

ETA

I think the added charges make this a tsunami of evidence and infamy. Why does the orange man squeal?

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

My guess is that Smith would have rather had Carlos as a witness, gave him some time to come the conclusion that it would be in his best interests, and when he choose not to went ahead and indicted him as well, hence the delay on the charges with Nauta and Trump, which were inevitable.  If there is anyone else out there that hasn't turned states evidence, this ought serve as a wake up call that if don't, odds are the DOJ knows about you, has recordings/texts of criminal acts, and you will be charged for it.  It helps to have more witnesses.  

Sounds plausible as well. Could definitely be the reason. 

Edited by Pods

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

From the indictment regarding the FBI interview with DeOliveira:

image.png.7f03430267eba23971b71e54f1ec4a7f.png

spacer.png

The indictment is a great read. I don't know legal strategy, but I'm glad this is in the public record. 

ETA

I think the added charges make this a tsunami of evidence and infamy. Why does the orange man squeal?

spacer.png

So very much this. I’ve laughed no less than 5 times so far. The pics are sublime.

ps Her emails!

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Yeah, that was just my guess.   If this was all information they knew all along, then it would be odd to string it out.  On the other hand, given that Trump and his minions always start spinning some lie to justify a factual scenario, it wouldn’t be entirely inappropriate to dump some of the info so that they set their lies before they dump the other half.   

I would not mind if Jack dumped it today just to fuck with Trump after his lawyers met with Jack’s office on the J-1 stuff.   And then they followed up tomorrow with those indictments. Lol.

Jack can’t comment on social media like Trump. So maybe he can shape public opinion with this death by 1000 cuts stuff

spacer.png

I'm a bit drunk and enjoying this evening's diversion. I can wait to see what comes of it. For now, I just enjoy the rock being lifted and the grubs squirming in the hot sun of scrutiny.

Fuck all of these traitorous shit stains. 

Seeing all of this, The Donald must be feeling more blocked in. I don't see his way to avoid jail if we're to pretend justice is blind. Squirm, motherfucker. Squirm.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

14 minutes ago, Pods said:

Sounds plausible as well. Could definitely be the reason. 

Another fun thought to go along with that theory, if that is in fact what has happened, it also means there are more indictments coming to Trump at a minimum.  If this was done to convince anyone else to turn states evidence along the same lines, it means there are more charges to follow.  Either more witnesses turn states evidence, or they are also charged with other crimes, either way, there will be one person tied to every single crime. Trump himself.  

Bottom line, I don't think we are done with charges in the documents case.   I highly doubt there are just three people with criminal culpability in all this.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated