45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And we've all been burned too many times ("we got him" gif).

I'll believe it when he's in an orange jumpsuit, spending his first night in prison, and not one second before.  Not because that's what the law says, but because the rule of law is on tenuous, unstable footing.  All it takes is enough of our power structure (read: the entire GQP and their fucking deranged base) to say "nah, we opt out of the rule of law," and it's game fucking over.  The thing that has been a problem since they started making up shit with birtherism, and has only gotten worse, is reaching its culmination point.

Either the rule of law will prevail.  Or it will die.

That it is even being tested to this extent (compare to how the Republican party came around and supported the law when Nixon was the issue) is a horrific outcome in and of itself.

And if Trump is convicted....prepare for a lot of shit to burn.

Same if the GQP does an end-around on his conviction.  We're on dangerous fucking ground.  And it is all the fucking GQP's fault, and every person who continues to support that party is a fucking traitor.

I should say, in the context of what I said, none of that matters.  Of course it matters.

But I was confining myself to whether he would ever face criminal charges for 1/6.  Answered.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And we've all been burned too many times ("we got him" gif).

Except that, as has been described time and time again by people much smarter than me, Trump has never gotten away with any federal criminal charges. Zero. Zip. Nada.

And criminal court is not the same as civil court.

You'd think that you, an actual lawyer, would know that there's a difference.

Just now, Rimbo said:

Also... this started with Evolution. Once it became a requirement to reject facts to be a "good Christian" in so many American churches, it created a mechanism by which all other facts could be denied.

It's been going on a long, long time. It's just taken this long for it to get to this point.

...And it's a big ship that's difficult to turn around.  And I think it's too late to turn it around.  We've hit the iceberg.  The damage is done.

6 hours ago, The Dog said:

One of the issues for the GOP is that Trump has soaked up hundreds of millions of dollars in small dollar donations on the lie that the 2020 election was stollen, leaving very little for the actual party. Now that the GOP is going broke in every swing state, if Jack Smith charges Trump's PAC with fraud and seizes all that money, the party is finished in 2024. Finished.

Spare me the drama.  No major political party has to ever worry about running out of cash.

• Rage+1 1

I doubt this fucker will ever be brought to justice. The government should suspend his passport due to the seriousness of the crime. And if he tries to fly his own plane to safety, they should make sure the pilot will face federal charges and loss of his pilots license for aiding in the flight of a fugitive. Otherwise, I figure Putin has a place for him in Russia, a gift in return for his unfailing loyalty. He will never serve a day in jail is my guess. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Celery Man said:

I wish our Daily Texan Republicans weren’t too fucking stupid to understand that this is exactly who they are.

Too busy making excuses for twitter Nazis and why this economy is actually in a recession. And I’m sure some bitching about wokeness 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

I doubt this fucker will ever be brought to justice. The government should suspend his passport due to the seriousness of the crime. And if he tries to fly his own plane to safety, they should make sure the pilot will face federal charges and loss of his pilots license for aiding in the flight of a fugitive. Otherwise, I figure Putin has a place for him in Russia, a gift in return for his unfailing loyalty. He will never serve a day in jail is my guess. 

Fuck that, we should encourage him to flee to Russia.  Convict him in absentia and he'll never come back and it's kinda hard to run a campaign from Moscow.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Fuck that, we should encourage him to flee to Russia.  Convict him in absentia and he'll never come back and it's kinda hard to run a campaign from Moscow.

Fucking this.  He, Putin, and Steven Segal can sit around and jerk each other off about how awesome they are.

steven-segal-carrot.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Too busy making excuses for twitter Nazis and why this economy is actually in a recession. And I’m sure some bitching about wokeness 

I didn't realize until recently there was a contingent here that is positing the economy is in a recession. It's bizarre

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

I was actually just laughing at your geriatric screen shot

Well, as I was still at work trying to get something out and paused from Westlaw to read the indictment on CNN on-line, I guess I could have tracked down the pdf elsewhere and find the pertinent paragraph and copy/paste the quote in Surly.  I instead decided to use 20 seconds to take and post the screenshot and get back to the truly fascinating world of CGL policy exclusion interpretation.

Next time I’ll take a juvenile screen shot. 

51 minutes ago, tx ind said:

how do we get Stephen Miller rolled into some of these indictments?

I think he's going down via the fake electors scheme.  But maybe . . .

Co-Conspirator 6

Co-Conspirator 6 is a political consultant who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding, according to the indictment.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Months ago, during the Committee hearings, I predicted the conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding much as it has been pled here.

Also, all you nattering nabobs of negativity can gobble my crank.  You can quibble with the timing, but here it is.  Fuckin told ya.

There is nothing about criminal procedure mentioned in that post, so I refuse to believe that Twice is the author

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I think he's going down via the fake electors scheme.  But maybe . . .

Co-Conspirator 6

Co-Conspirator 6 is a political consultant who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding, according to the indictment.

Ginni Thomas is my bet for Co-Conspirator 6, which brings a fun wrinkle to all this if true.  Maddow almost said it and hesitated because there is no confirmation and won't be for a while.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 6

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Ginni Thomas is my bet for Co-Conspirator 6, which brings a fun wrinkle to all this if true.  Maddow almost said it and hesitated because there is no confirmation and won't be for a while.  

<Justice Ruckus> “ Recuse myself because my wife is a co-conspirator? Why on earth would I have to do that?”

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

If it’s Ginni I may never post again (because I will die laughing).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated