45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

Here's a dot

That dot is Travis Tritt's brain going "Hmmm.... maybe the guy who lost the popular vote in 2016, created a commission as president, with his party controlling both chambers of Congress, to prove he actually did win the popular vote, failed to produce evidence, then, almost like a habit, claimed before and after the 2020 election that it was rigged, got Atomic Wedgied repeatedly in the courts where he had every opportunity to present his evidence, actually lost the election?  ... No! There simply must be another explanation!" 

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

What Travis Tritt conveniently doesn’t mention is that also in 2019, Travis Tritt played concerts in Atlanta and Macon, Georgia.  Brian Kemp was still in debt and had not yet cut a deal for Dominion to handle Georgia’s voting machines until Travis Tritt rolled into town, and then suddenly Kemp isn’t in debt and Dominion is supplying voting machines.  Connect the dots, indeed, Hanoi Travis.  

I haven't found anything that quite matched the soul-sickness of working in College Station, but a Travis Tritt concert in Macon Georgia might have a great shot at snatching the silver medal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Republican on Republican violence ... you hate to see it. This is THE Travis Tritt, who apparently has gone full-on MAGA.  How a country singer has "confidential sources"  is beyond me, but whatever. 

It's weird, the minor celebrities that MAGA draws.  Scott Baio, Kirk Cameron, Kevin Sorbo, etc.

I have a cousin who loves Kevin Sorbo, and thinks it's awesome that he's MAGA.  Anytime she posts about him, I post this and mention "this is peak Kevin Sorbo, because he wasn't acting!"

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Doesn't really matter, but that's a hell of a margin of error.

Noticed that as well. It kind of matters though. For a MOE that big, there probably weren't that many respondents. And Magats are like Aggies when it comes to internet polls. How many folks here, upon seeing that survey, would even consider answering it? The premise is so fucking stupid (trustworthiness of Republican candidates) I'd just roll my eyes and move on. 

18 hours ago, Bookman said:

Is the attorney/client privilege for legal advice to Trump waived if Mark Meadows was in the room, and the advice sought was in the furtherance of the conspiracy?

Generally speaking, yes to both. Privilege is lost if another non-client party is in the room. If Meadows was considered a co-client, privilege is lost between the clients if they ultimately become adverse to each other (i.e., the attorney would be prohibited from talking about it, but either client could use it against the other). Also, talking about your intent to commit a crime is not privileged. In every state I'm aware of, there's a "crime-fraud exception" that negates privilege. Depending on the crime being discussed, the attorney may actually have a duty to report it to authorities. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Noticed that as well. It kind of matters though. For a MOE that big, there probably weren't that many respondents. And Magats are like Aggies when it comes to internet polls. How many folks here, upon seeing that survey, would even consider answering it? The premise is so fucking stupid (trustworthiness of Republican candidates) I'd just roll my eyes and move on. 

And how many answered it farcically?  You have to hope that some of them answered Trump to fuck with them.

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

And how many answered it farcically?  You have to hope that some of them answered Trump to fuck with them.

In a somewhat similar vein, it drives me nuts when the media trots out the "81% of people have little to no trust that the 2024 election will be decided fairly" or somesuch.  Yet they forget to mention, oh, 40% of those were Rs who think the Dems have rigged all elections because dear leader told them so with ZERO evidence and the other 41% are Dems that have seen the Rs planning in real life how they are going to try and fuck with elections.  Those are two radically different reasons to say you don't have trust in fair elections.

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Side note - in a new CBS poll 71% of Republicans want Trump at the debate. 

The problem is he cannot because he will incriminate himself. 

I'm a little curious what the legal objection to that stunt is.  I suppose any time he uses an indictment for a political purpose, that could be construed as an attempt to contaminate the jury pool.  And, if he gets gagged or contempted for that, it's probably not going to be just one thing, but the accumulation of things.

BUT WHAT ABOUT FREE SPEECH! 

Yeah, we have an amendment just down the page from that one that sorta addresses this all...

Holy shit, if I am going to relapse hard if I have to listen to another person start a conversation with, "As a student of the Constitution..." 

You know the 1st, 2nd, and 5th amendments.  And not even that well.  Plus, oh yeah...before they wrote out the Bill of Rights...they actually wrote out the actual fucking Constitution.  Seven Articles.  Same number of indictments for Commander Dipshit (when the last 3 fall later this year).  The whole thing would have been longer but they didn't fathom half the shit Trump would do.  

I musta missed the Federalist Paper that dealt with, "What if a sitting or recently removed President shares U.S. military plans with adversaries for personal gain or fame?"  There's no specific law for half his shit because nobody, even Nixon, ever thought somebody in charge of the Republic would pull this kinda shit.  Yeah, sorry Article II didn't do a deep dive into perfect phone calls.  I think they were busy with a fucking war or something.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/20/2023 at 9:48 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Republican on Republican violence ... you hate to see it. This is THE Travis Tritt, who apparently has gone full-on MAGA.  How a country singer has "confidential sources"  is beyond me, but whatever. 

Travis Tritt Kemp.jpg

If I were Dominion, I'd have a petition ready to file against any public figure who spouts this shit that has been disproven over and over again to the extent Fox News paid damn near a billion dollars to get out from what they did. I would call it an "FAFO Petition."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 8/20/2023 at 12:01 PM, RDCanecutter said:

I wonder how they think that would work out for them? Probably with lots of other people obediently doing the dangerous parts. Well, maybe they'd command a Home Guard unit that would round up some Sociology Professors trying to infiltrate the Cracker Barrel mess hall by driving up in a VW van with poorly-disguised flower stickers.

109F5855-6198-4DF1-8A03-621B4D1B7E7D.jpeg.b612329f3bc7fc1392dbed4498722cc1.jpeg

“You just tell that woman to give us all the Funyuns, Pringles, pretzels and non-Bud-Lite beers in her pantry, and we’ll be gone…”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

And there will be zero consequences for it.  

I'm not sure how this will all play out, but what I can tell you is that in Georgia if you revoke the terms of your bail you get hauled in pretty quickly.  There is a pretty good reason that once someone is arraigned here you don't here them say much beyond referring to their attorney or no comment.  There also aren't a series of steps for this sort of stuff, once you violate it the judge will just revoke it, they arrest you, you wait in jail, and then you have to wait for another pretrial hearing/bail.  You don't want to go down said path.  I had a friend that did something wrong (not overly serious), got arrested, arraigned, etc.  The county made a paperwork mistake, the judge subsequently revoked his bail, and he got to spend 8 days in Fulton County for it to get cleared up/see the judge.  

Now big mouth having to keep it shut for months on end seems fairly unrealistic to me.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

I'm not sure how this will all play out, but what I can tell you is that in Georgia if you revoke the terms of your bail you get hauled in pretty quickly.  There is a pretty good reason that once someone is arraigned here you don't here them say much beyond referring to their attorney or no comment.  There also aren't a series of steps for this sort of stuff, once you violate it the judge will just revoke it, they arrest you, you wait in jail, and then you have to wait for another pretrial hearing/bail.  You don't want to go down said path.  I had a friend that did something wrong (not overly serious), got arrested, arraigned, etc.  The county made a paperwork mistake, the judge subsequently revoked his bail, and he got to spend 8 days in Fulton County for it to get cleared up/see the judge.  

Now big mouth having to keep it shut for months on end seems fairly unrealistic to me.  

I hope you're right.  If he's held accountable for his actions, it will be the first time so far.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Lol, didn't realize this.  Good luck.

his bond order for the Fulton County case also says that he is not allowed to make “direct or indirect threat of any nature against the community or to any property in the community,” including, but not limited to, “posts on social media or reposts of posts made by another individual on social media.” The idea that Trump will be able to sit on his hands while his GOP challengers discuss his criminal exposure feels like…a bit of a stretch!

Edited by Biff Tannen
no idea why that's crossed out and can't fix it