2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We'll see, but lots of chatter on the Rant tonight about Oatis entering.

One of those interior DL needs to leave. 

Payne looked like a monster in the playoffs and he was hardly playing this year. Even without all the coaching changes it doesn't make much sense for Oatis, Keenan, and Payne to return next year. One of those guys can get a bag somewhere else and be the "guy." 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

One of those interior DL needs to leave. 

Payne looked like a monster in the playoffs and he was hardly playing this year. Even without all the coaching changes it doesn't make much sense for Oatis, Keenan, and Payne to return next year. One of those guys can get a bag somewhere else and be the "guy." 

Would be nice if we had a DL coach to entice them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

For decades the cheaters would constantly claim "Texas pays players just like everyone else." Don't get me wrong, I was vocal about how Texas didn't handle it correctly. They should have either joined the cheaters or turned them in. The tactic of not cheating or turning them in but just whining about it to boosters while not letting them pay players was nauseating. But still, the cheaters would always have the same retort when Texas fans pointed out how they were outrecruiting Texas. "You're just jealous, Texas pays players just like everyone else."

Oh really?

Now that Texas affiliated interests are actually paying players because it's legal (along with a splash of winning), how's that working out for y'all? Fuck 'em all.

It’s a very good start. We need to hone it and expand beyond just the front line depth is very important. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I’m worried Sark is going to win too much. I’ve heard that’s not good for the program. 

Yes, it makes all the other programs envious. After you’ve dominated college football for over a decade and your coach retires, they come at your program like a pack of starving hyenas.

I'm on the bama athletic department email list. And this nugget came through a little while ago. 

Yea Alabama adds over 1,200 New Members

It’s been nearly a year since Yea Alabama, the official NIL entity of the Crimson Tide, was introduced. From the start, we strongly believed the way Yea Alabama was set up was both cutting edge and sustainable in the ever-changing NIL environment. We appreciate all of you who have joined the platform and/or contributed, including the 1,200 new members over the last week, and hope you have enjoyed the content as well as the exclusive events for members. For those of you who have not yet joined or given, visit yea-alabama.com  and keep the Yea moving forward!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

For decades the cheaters would constantly claim "Texas pays players just like everyone else." Don't get me wrong, I was vocal about how Texas didn't handle it correctly. They should have either joined the cheaters or turned them in. The tactic of not cheating or turning them in but just whining about it to boosters while not letting them pay players was nauseating. But still, the cheaters would always have the same retort when Texas fans pointed out how they were outrecruiting Texas. "You're just jealous, Texas pays players just like everyone else."

Oh really?

Now that Texas affiliated interests are actually paying players because it's legal (along with a splash of winning), how's that working out for y'all? Fuck 'em all.

Preach.

What’s happening now is proof positive that we were NOT doing the same stuff as the other guys. If we had been, it would have looked like this for all these years.

You nailed it: fuck em. Time to pay the piper, bitches. 

Edited by Caver60
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Think New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

I can’t believe it’s here. The moment in time I’ve been waiting for. 

The moment we unleash the true power of the 40 acres and make it known to every other college football fan that they just don’t measure up. It’s that time. Fuckin A. 🤘🏼🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Oh really?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He’s lost a total of 12 games in 9 years of coaching. I don’t think he’s ‘in over his head’, but I do think he is going to have his most challenging season as a head coach in 2024. 

Yeah, coaching at Sioux Falls prepares you for the Bama job.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Vertuzzi said:

I wonder how this works in regards to insurance. My company was looking into a corporate event that included test driving multiple exotic cars; however, we decided to do something else in the event that someone crashed an Aston Martin and totally fucks up their insurance. 

You don't use your normal insurance for an exotic rental, you purchase a policy that coincides with the rental contract. For like an event or weekend rental, it will cost you under $200 usually for the peace of mind that your ass is covered to a certain deductible if you f up while operating the beast. 

https://www.xinsurance.com/risk-class/rental-insurance-for-exotic-cars/

There's no question he's a good coach, but I think making the leap to a program like Bama directly after the goat retired will ruin him. Maybe I'm wrong and he eventually builds back and gets the juggernaut rolling again, but I have serious doubts.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Oh really?

matt damon GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ousux said:
29 minutes ago, bar said:

There's no question he's a good coach, but I think making the leap to a program like Bama directly after the goat retired will ruin him. Maybe I'm wrong and he eventually builds back and gets the juggernaut rolling again, but I have serious doubts.

I could be wrong but he has that K State underdog vibe. Not sure he's a good fit at a major program. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:
LOL Ohio St is hiring Bill O’Brien to be OC 

Wait, the tOSU is getting Bjorked and BoB'd on the same day? Embarrassment of riches, can't be true.

It’s like that scene towards the end of Requiem for a Dream. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Fucking awesome. Sark, UT brass, TOF -- we are collectively letting our big dick swing. 

Need to hire VY as Director of Swagger.  He can lead the team out of the tunnel every week singing “Let your nuts hang, bitch. Let your nuts hang.”

And keep him away from Cheesecake Factory. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Sarkisian is really collecting talent.  It’s fucking insane what he’s doing.  Can we just fast forward to the start of next season?  I want to see what this new look team does to people.

We could have 100K in attendance at the spring Orange/White game!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

A Lambo costs like $1M. A Lambo lease is around $3K a month. If the Austin Lambo dealership sold 1 Lambo based on leasing 3-4 to the football team they are way fucking ahead.

Anyone buying a Lambo for 1 million is getting fucked. MAYBE if you’re buying a new Lambo, sending it straight to Under Ground Racing, getting built motor/built trans and Twin Turbos to make 3k whp to compete in the 1/2 miles events. Then yes, a new Lambo might cost 1 million. 

btw I stopped here, so if anybody else already said this, I don’t apologize. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 10:37 AM, TexasRenegade said:

I really need to get around to watching Oppenheimer...

Dude...it's fucking amazing, especially in its original 70mm IMAX. Was unbelievable. The wife, who usually falls asleep during movies, including at the theater, couldn't take her eyes off of it. It was that great.

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Need to hire VY as Director of Swagger.  He can lead the team out of the tunnel every week singing “Let your nuts hang, bitch. Let your nuts hang.”

And keep him away from Cheesecake Factory. 

None of this takes place without Sark.  Sanders running free, Mitchell catching big time touchdowns.  The kids talk to each other, but none of this exists without Sarks 

They talk to each other.

Edited by murphysbackup
  • Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, murphysbackup said:

None of this takes place without Sark.  Sanders running free, Mitchell catching big time touchdowns.  The kids talk to each other, but none of this exists without Sarks 

They talk to each other.

I'm drunk so take this for what you will, and thank you spell check 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BERT said:

Anyone buying a Lambo for 1 million is getting fucked. MAYBE if you’re buying a new Lambo, sending it straight to Under Ground Racing, getting built motor/built trans and Twin Turbos to make 3k whp to compete in the 1/2 miles events. Then yes, a new Lambo might cost 1 million. 

btw I stopped here, so if anybody else already said this, I don’t apologize. 

That is why I only buy Koenigseggs. Lambos are so pleb.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.