2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

The NCAA restricts them from going anywhere while the SEC just says not here at this club. Those that are lawyers know more but that is what I have heard is the difference.

37 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Correct. The SEC is not a monopoly, as the player is free to move to another league and play immediately. The NCAA, on the other hand, is a monopoly and if they try to restrict a player from playing, the player can't go play in a another college league (maybe you could argue Div II or something).

I don't see that holding up in court.  It limits earning potential.  The ncaa could make the same argument about a player's ability to go to the xfl or whatever.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Another aggy Portal addition hits the exit

Isn't that the 2nd player to transfer out after just transferring to aggy in January?

That's not a good look.

Edit:  Didn't see @BigHorn'13's post before responding but leaving it because WTF?!

Edited by DixonHur

“Study and prepare,” Sanders told reporters in September 2023 when asked what McClain needed to improve on to see more playing time. “Be on time for meetings, show up to meetings. Understand the scheme. I check film time from each player so I can see who’s preparing, so if I don’t see that, you would be a fool to put somebody out there who’s not prepared. That goes for all our players.”

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

So basically aggy picks up a lot of questionable transfers for a P4 program during the first portal window, then is having them transfer out during the 2nd? Do I have that right?

That's some of the most aggy shit ever. 

Highway 6 running both ways like a motherfucker right about now. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

So basically aggy picks up a lot of questionable transfers for a P4 program during the first portal window, then is having them transfer out during the 2nd? Do I have that right?

That's some of the most aggy shit ever. 

While funny because aggy, the fact that you can transfer in one window then out a few months later is ridiculous.  Has to be some limits atleast.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 4:42 PM, texifornia said:

Blast from the past

He’s half-hispanic, originally from the RGV, and I still have pretty much always rooted for him to fail. That’s how big of a shithead he (and his dad) are. 

He attended Steele HS as a freshman then transferred out. I still remember him & his dad taking to Twitter to talk shit at Caden Sterns and the Steele coach after they lost a game the next season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

While funny because aggy, the fact that you can transfer in one window then out a few months later is ridiculous.  Has to be some limits atleast.  

I don't think these guys are necessarily transferring out of their own accord. Elko took a bunch of randos and treated spring practice like tryouts.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I don't think these guys are necessarily transferring out of their own accord. Elko took a bunch of randos and treated spring practice like tryouts.

That's my take, too. Either that or a guy from Troy got a good look at the talent at an SEC school and said "you know, I think I don't belong here."

I personally love how Deion makes it clear that Shedeur will be picked #1 and Hunter no later than 4, and he can dictate where they go. Sanders probably might be drafted middle to late 1st rd, but Deion won't be dictating shit. He's an insufferable motherfucker that I hope fails 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Deon is a jerk to his players. Hangs them out to dry publicly. He won't last long.

Hey now let's remember  that its racist to disrespect coach prime, the next coming of Nick Saban!!

Hes a mf'in footabll genius! Just ask him. 

4 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

That's my take, too. Either that or a guy from Troy got a good look at the talent at an SEC school and said "you know, I think I don't belong here."

Or, after practicing with the guys that lost to App State (who lost to Troy), maybe he went, "you know, I think I can do better"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I personally love how Deion makes it clear that Shedeur will be picked #1 and Hunter no later than 4, and he can dictate where they go. Sanders probably might be drafted middle to late 1st rd, but Deion won't be dictating shit. He's an insufferable motherfucker that I hope fails 

Deion is insufferable, but Shedeur will go top 3 and Hunter top 10.

• Haha 4
  • Prepare your anus 1

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Deion is insufferable, but Shedeur will go top 3 and Hunter top 10.

I am taking bets right now for anyone who wants to have a go of it regarding Shedeur Sanders going in the top 3. Name your wager and I’ll take the other side. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I am taking bets right now for anyone who wants to have a go of it regarding Shedeur Sanders going in the top 3. Name your wager and I’ll take the other side. 

He and his dad might take that.   Not sure anyone here is dumb enough.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Vogel just posted a topic a transfer DL is visiting this weekend.  It's VIP, but assuming the Arizona guy?

You should think of signing up. 40 bucks for a whole year using code MULEDICK

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, immamac said:

You should think of signing up. 40 bucks for a whole year using code MULEDICK

question - what's the policy on posting subcription only info from there? I don't plan on doing it, but I (or anyone) could forget they're in subcribers only posts.

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

IT saying an experienced guy on offense and defense expected to enter the portal after the spring game. Obvious names are obvious. Red, Agbo, Tapp, Jordan. 

Tapp is gone. He has other options to play a lot and couple that with NIL. If he doesn't portal, I'll be stunned.

Swanson is likely gone but that's not one they're apparently losing sleep over. 

Hanging onto Gullette shouldn't even be an issue, but the new staff structure and expanded roles for folks is leaving the impression that some folks are overwhelmed and Texas is at risk of losing some players they really shouldn't and don't want to lose.

We've known that multiple OLs were going to vanish. Kirkland was a given. Losing someone like Goosby would be a fucking problem. Frankly, losing Agbo isn't helpful either. 

There are going to be some DB exits.

Did Sarkisian mention Red once this spring besides remarking at the beginning that they'd prefer him to have not come in at 240? 

Bobby is saying 6-8 exits including Burrell, Walton and Kirkland. I'm going with 8-10 and some howling from various directions, including inside Bellmont. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.