Trump Town Hall thread, all snowflakes welcome

jimmyjazz

2 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the problem: a significant percentage of the public adore Trump, the R frontrunner, who may well win in 18 months.  CNN is not the issue, it's American demographics. 

You’re a fucking Trumpkin.  Go fuck yourself.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

well, some of my favorite politicians are AOC, Bernie Sanders, Obama, Biden, Jimmy Carter. 

MSNBC is too far left for you, but  among your favorite politicians are AOC and Bernie. Makes sense.

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Got all that Joudache jeans money. Should tell them to fuck off.

Gloria Vanderbilt, but yeah, the guy has fuck you money. He doesn't need to lose credibility defending bad decisions.

• Hook 'Em 1

So Anderson Cooper's argument is, "Well, he's the frontrunner and people support him." But, who made him the motherfuckin' frontrunner?

It's like ESPN talking about New York sports teams 24/7 then saying, "We cover the Knicks and the Jets because that's what people want to hear about."

Who-did-this GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, Mole said:

I missed when CNN got us out of our silo and had the Bin Laden town hall.

Bin Laden would answer questions thoughtfully and truthfully. He had a twisted philosophy but he believed in it and was clear in how he communicated it. He was wrong in his beliefs but he wasn’t an unhinged lunatic like Trump. He could tell you what he believed, why he believed it, what he planned to do, why he planned to do it, what he did, why he did it, etc. He was a rational man, his philosophy was just based on false premises. But it was internally consistent.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Bin Laden would answer questions thoughtfully and truthfully. He had a twisted philosophy but he believed in it and was clear in how he communicated it. He was wrong in his beliefs but he wasn’t an unhinged lunatic like Trump. He could tell you what he believed, why he believed it, what he planned to do, why he planned to do it, what he did, why he did it, etc. He was a rational man, his philosophy was just based on false premises. But it was internally consistent.

You sure about that, Ace?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I guardedly agree.  None of this affects his hardest-core followers, but they couldn't keep him in office in 2020.  I don't think it's going to get any better for him in 2024.

I am quite concerned that post-election shenanigans make it a closer thing than 2020, but I wonder if the popular/electoral vote will wind up being as close.

I'd like for him to go away one way or another to see if we can get the country back on a more even footing.

I'm genuinely concerned about Republicans imposing voting restrictions.  It may not bring Trump back, but it has allowed them to get their own in Federal and state offices.  I think the whole Harris County election situation, Georgia Republicans trying to oust the Georgia prosecutor and SCOTUS bullshit is all scary as hell. The popular vote doesn't seem to matter for much.  Trump was the Trojan horse that Republicans needed to break the system and institute their own.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Does he? He is richer than any of them. He should have taken a stand.

What? And resign just like that the day after the Town Hall? Armchair QBs on message boards can demand knee jerk reactions like that but Anderson is a professional under contract. He’s not going to go off half cocked on an important decision like that. He’s got his career to think about. He has a husband and a kid (I think just one but maybe two). It would be irresponsible and unprofessional to just throw his hands up and say, “I’m out!” Plus it would probably get him sued. Let’s try to be realistic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What? And resign just like that the day after the Town Hall? Armchair QBs on message boards can demand knee jerk reactions like that but Anderson is a professional under contract. He’s not going to go off half cocked on an important decision like that. He’s got his career to think about. He has a husband and a kid (I think just one but maybe two). It would be irresponsible and unprofessional to just throw his hands up and say, “I’m out!” Plus it would probably get him sued. Let’s try to be realistic. 

God forbid journalists ask politicians difficult questions.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

these people voted for him in 2020 as well.  if we get the same turnout as 2020, we win.  there's no fucking way he's gaining supporters.  all the covids and almost-deads from 2020 are gone and there's no way he's picking up steam with people just turning 18.

i'm sure we'll see some bullshit about how much money he raised last night and how "46% are from first-time contributors".  the fuck outta here.

I mean 73 million snaggle toothed morons voted for him in 2020. That still blows my mind. 

Just now, conVINCEd said:

My apologies.  Commentary and news has become indistinguishable.  He”s a pussy for towing the company line.  

He literally spent hours excoriating Trump after the town hall, along with his panel of compadres and that of Jake Tapper.  I mean, if CNN is really that far right as some of you are suggesting, why would they allow that?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

God forbid journalists ask politicians difficult questions.  

Did you intend to reply to my post? Because it doesn’t have anything to do with what I said. I was talking about how it’s unreasonable to think Anderson Cooper was going to up and quit today in protest over the Trump town hall that just happened last night. 

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

He literally spent hours excoriating Trump after the town hall, along with his panel of compadres and that of Jake Tapper.  I mean, if CNN is really that far right as some of you are suggesting, why would they allow that?

I’m going to bow out here because I only watched a few clips.  My general impression was that CNN bowed the knee to make a few bucks.

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

same reason Roger Ailes put Alan Colmes on Hannity & Colmes

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Anderson Cooper has been on CNN for over 2 decades.  I'm pretty sure the new management is OK with his style and perspective.

new management wants to see trump re-elected without any of the blame for making that happen.

• Haha 1

these people voted for him in 2020 as well.  if we get the same turnout as 2020, we win.  there's no fucking way he's gaining supporters.  all the covids and almost-deads from 2020 are gone and there's no way he's picking up steam with people just turning 18.
i'm sure we'll see some bullshit about how much money he raised last night and how "46% are from first-time contributors".  the fuck outta here.
Trump lost because of Covid. That Covid existed was not his fault, and shouldn't be blamed on him. People are stupid. (Please let discuss his response it doesn't matter)

If the Gop fucks the debt ceiling and destroys the economy Biden will lose. No matter what he does, he's toast in a recession. It's stupid but true. The fate of our republic hangs on a lot of variables yet to be determined. That sucks.
  • Rage+1 3

He lost because of his handing of covid. If he would have just been a non-complete jack ass we would have about 750,000 living Americans and Trump in his second term.

But it is impossible for him to be a non jack ass.

Campaign manager: “Can you just no be the worst piece of shit to ever live? Maybe 2nd worst?”

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Trump lost because of Covid. That Covid existed was not his fault, and shouldn't be blamed on him. People are stupid. (Please let discuss his response it doesn't matter)

If the Gop fucks the debt ceiling and destroys the economy Biden will lose. No matter what he does, he's toast in a recession. It's stupid but true. The fate of our republic hangs on a lot of variables yet to be determined. That sucks.

Nobody blamed Trump for the coronavirus. It’s stupid to think that. They blamed him for his rank incompetence when it came to dealing with the pandemic. That was well deserved because he fucked that shit up monumentally. His reality tv presidency finally ran into a real crisis that he couldn’t just bullshit people into believing wasn’t happening. He was exactly the wrong person to have in the White House to deal with that disaster. Hundreds of thousands of Americans died needlessly because of his inaction,  lies, and mixed messages. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

15 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

remember when good journalism presented both sides? Besides, Caitlin interviewer was disagreeing / correcting him at every opportunity, which is also very good.  Unlike FOX who shouts down any opponent, but will you bash FOX ?

Good journalism isn't presenting both sides. Its calling out bullshit when a candidate spews bullshit. It wouldn't be good journalism to televise a panel of flat earthers, and it isn't good to present a forum for election conspiracies.

• Hook 'Em 8

New essay out by Stonekettle

“And I don't expect any better from the Press than I do from Donald Trump. They are one and the same, made for each other like a snake eating its own tail. 

Depressing? 

Sure, but it's no different than it's always been. 

From the broadsheets of the British colonists to the yellow journalism of Hearst and Pulitzer to the content scraping blatant plagiarism of outfits like Occupy Democrats to this latest stunt by CNN, in America, the media has always been about profit first, second, and last.”

https://www.stonekettle.com/2023/05/caveat-emptor.html?spref=tw.

7 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the problem: a significant percentage of the public adore Trump, the R frontrunner, who may well win in 18 months.  CNN is not the issue, it's American demographics. 

Yes, so let’s throw the traitor a pep rally. Great idea!

7 hours ago, royiv said:

Gloria Vanderbilt, but yeah, the guy has fuck you money. He doesn't need to lose credibility defending bad decisions.

I thought I’d read that his mom left him no almost no inheritance. She spent her money while alive, as her mom had done before her or some such. Guy is obviously not poor, but he’s earned most of his money on his own. 

• Hook 'Em 2

COVID wasn’t Trump’s fault and I’ve never heard anyone, anywhere in the political spectrum, claim that he was. That is a straw man. That Trump managed to turn a moment of national unity into deeper division and stumblefuck through the federal response is absolutely his fault.

Biden’s fate does rest with the economy but a default might be the one deep recession he can weather. It’s unclear who people would blame - polls show a lot of people just don’t know much and it would depend on how it played out. And the most influential economic conditions in a presidential election tend to be Q2/Q3 of the election year. That’s when people really bake their opinions in.

Theoretically, if we default and begin to recover, Biden can make the case that we were at 3-whatever percent unemployment with inflation coming down until the GOP House forced a default, and then he still managed to lead a recovery from that.

Of course, that’s just one path. Biden could shoulder the blame and become an instant lame duck.
  • Hook 'Em 1

COVID wasn’t Trump’s fault and I’ve never heard anyone, anywhere in the political spectrum, claim that he was. That is a straw man. That Trump managed to turn a moment of national unity into deeper division and stumblefuck through the federal response is absolutely his fault.

Biden’s fate does rest with the economy but a default might be the one deep recession he can weather. It’s unclear who people would blame - polls show a lot of people just don’t know much and it would depend on how it played out. And the most influential economic conditions in a presidential election tend to be Q2/Q3 of the election year. That’s when people really bake their opinions in.

Theoretically, if we default and begin to recover, Biden can make the case that we were at 3-whatever percent unemployment with inflation coming down until the GOP House forced a default, and then he still managed to lead a recovery from that.

Of course, that’s just one path. Biden could shoulder the blame and become an instant lame duck.

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Biden’s fate does rest with the economy but a default might be the one deep recession he can weather. It’s unclear who people would blame - polls show a lot of people just don’t know much and it would depend on how it played out.

People blamed world-wide supply-chain-driven inflation and gas prices on "Biden's policies." 

Yeah, it's a real fucking mystery who they'd blame for a debt default.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

People blamed world-wide supply-chain-driven inflation and gas prices on "Biden's policies." 

I think that’s a huge miscalculation. Everyone will know it was house republicans who pushed us off the cliff. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I think that’s a huge miscalculation. Everyone will know it was house republicans who pushed us off the cliff. 

Is this satire? When has the House been blamed for anything from the majority of Americans who don't follow--or don't understand--politics?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I don’t know. Every time the Republicans shut down the government to try to make the Democrats look bad, it backfires on them. The Republicans never have any qualms about raising the debt ceiling when a Republican is in the White House cutting taxes on the rich and racking up massive deficits and debt. It’s only when a Democrat is in charge that they suddenly try to act like they care about debt and pretend that the debt ceiling has anything to do with future spending. The hypocrisy is as plain as day. We’ve seen it play out multiple times. If the Republicans force the government to default, it will be 100% their fault and I think most people would see that.

You don’t negotiate with terrorists and it’s not your fault if they kill the hostage because you didn’t pay the ransom.