American "Passport Bro" culture (because they can't get significant others here in America)

Pancho

32 minutes ago, midtown said:

This whole thread really went off the rails.  The issue of passport bros has nothing to do with meeting women or having game.   The problem is recently and due to social media every women regardless of rating feels like they have a right to date a man that is min 6'2 who makes $200k a year.   The number of unmarried, non-obese men who fit that category in the entire US is tiny like probably less than half a percent.  Let alone in the city they live in. Let alone any other personality or physical traitsl   Less than 4% of males in the ENTIRE us are above 6'2.   I haven't seen it mentioned but here is the website for the female delusions calculator. 
https://igotstandardsbro.com/
Also here is an interesting chart of how delusional women are.  The redline  being the actual male height distribution

20220725_082206.jpg

I don’t know what you can filter on dating apps but just this week the CDC announced that the average American woman weighs 170 pounds and stands 5’4. Do you think most men on dating apps have their body type preferences configured to match the average? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t know what you can filter on dating apps but just this week the CDC announced that the average American woman weighs 170 pounds and stands 5’4. Do you think most men on dating apps have their body type preferences configured to match the average? 

Vic probably does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Do you know that not a single dating app allows men to filter by weight? Because that would be mysoginst. That same average 170 5'4 is the exact one that has decided she's a 10 because society has told women they get to decide their value
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, midtown said:
16 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Do you know that not a single dating app allows men to filter by weight? Because that would be mysoginst. That same average 170 5'4 is the exact one that has decided she's a 10 because society has told women they get to decide their value

I didn’t, and I’m not sure I’d call it “misogynist” unless they allowed women seeking men or lesbians to filter by weight. 

I am dealing with a daughter entering the tough puberty years and I can say I really wish my biggest problem was that she and her friends “overrated” themselves. I feel pretty safe in saying that this is not the pressing problem facing most young women and girls. 

Gotta tell you pretty straight that it’s really fucking shitty to believe that women should base their own self-value on your bullshit rating. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

But a few times I’ve been out with him AND my daughters somewhere—I’ve had some 30 somethings gently try to figure out what my whole situation is with the dog as the conversation starter. “Is he good with your kids…can he stay alone at home or does someone watch him….”

I am astounded how often I get hit on when I'm out with the kids sans wife.    Some of the women are shameless in their approach. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I didn’t, and I’m not sure I’d call it “misogynist” unless they allowed women seeking men or lesbians to filter by weight. 

I am dealing with a daughter entering the tough puberty years and I can say I really wish my biggest problem was that she and her friends “overrated” themselves. I feel pretty safe in saying that this is not the pressing problem facing most young women and girls. 

Gotta tell you pretty straight that it’s really fucking shitty to believe that women should base their own self-value on your bullshit rating. 

But you are fine with men not be able to decide their own self-value?  You clearly do not understand the issue.  This is the problem.  Society esp in dating has told men that women decide their value.  The hypocrisy is insane.  

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, midtown said:

This whole thread really went off the rails.  The issue of passport bros has nothing to do with meeting women or having game.   The problem is recently and due to social media every women regardless of rating feels like they have a right to date a man that is min 6'2 who makes $200k a year.   The number of unmarried, non-obese men who fit that category in the entire US is tiny like probably less than half a percent.  Let alone in the city they live in. Let alone any other personality or physical traitsl   Less than 4% of males in the ENTIRE us are above 6'2.   I haven't seen it mentioned but here is the website for the female delusions calculator. 
Also here is an interesting chart of how delusional women are.  The redline  being the actual male height distribution

20220725_082206.jpg

Dude shut the fuck up with that incel nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I am astounded how often I get hit on when I'm out with the kids sans wife.    Some of the women are shameless in their approach. 

Also when you fuck one out of their circle of friends then they all want some. Especially sisters in my experience. Has got to be some kind of evolutionary tick. 

Bet Mike B would know what I'm talking about.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, midtown said:

But you are fine with men not be able to decide their own self-value?  You clearly do not understand the issue.  This is the problem.  Society esp in dating has told men that women decide their value.  The hypocrisy is insane.  

You sound like an incel manlet with weak dick game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, midtown said:

I’m fine with men deciding their own value, and women deciding their own value. No one else in the world has to agree with them and fuck them though. 

Sorry that women aren’t going for the argument that “all you mediocre uggos should sex me cause I’m your real level ” That’s a super attractive attitude. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, midtown said:

20220725_082206.jpg

While I don't know for certain, I'm worked with stats and reporting enough to call this bs. My bet is that this does NOT include searches where the woman does not enter a height requirement at all. Which could be the vast majority of searches.

And as for the >=6'10" searches, I could easily see this as women trying to see if any NBA players are on the app, and not a true requirement.

I do feel for the guys near 5'0". They need a multi-year plan to get the education and training to get to a 300K salary ASAP.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, midtown said:

What the fuck are you even trying to say here?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Everyone decides their own value - unless they're too needy or too much of an insecure little bitch to deal with the consequences of that decision. 

Otherwise, hold out, settle, do whatever the fuck you want.  If you'd rather be alone than "settle", ok, live with that decision.  If you'd rather find a companion even if it's not your ideal, ok, then live with that, too.  Nobody actually is forced to do anything, no matter what "value" the randoms on the dating app assign them or that they assign themselves.  People make this shit way too dramatic.

I held out. It worked for me but it sucked for awhile.

Also, I find it ironic that 15 years ago, people called folks who used online dating fucking losers, worthy of scorn. And now that it's so mainstream and upended the dating market, some (many) of those same assholes are now whining about how unfair the world is...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

So much this.  Men whining about women being too superficial in the dating game is really pretty outrageous.  And we all know the incels aren't really bitching and moaning because they can't find a kind-hearted person even if she's not particularly slim or pretty.  It's because "My expectation was to fuck a bunch of hot women whenever I wanted ... but I can't have that because these bitches try to assign a different value to me!" 

They even call themselves incels - involuntary celibates.  Not involuntary bachelors, involuntarily unmarried, involuntarily lonely, etc.  Involuntary celibates - i.e., it's all about their fantasies of fucking like James Bond, and they're throwing a pity party that their real life doesn't work that way.  Boo-fucking-hoo.

Yeah. Anytime I hear anyone even mentioning "value" in regards to their own worth or women, I know they're one sentence away from bitching about Chads and Staceys. The hilarious part about incels, is the only thing they hate more than women are unattractive men who date good looking women. The ultimate success story that magnifies their own failures. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I hung out with an incel a few times before I figured out that's what he was.

We would be at a bar/restaurant and he was always convinced whoever was waiting on us wanted to bang him. I told him no dude, it's their job to be nice.. for tips. He would write his digits on the receipt then bitch with the common incel rant  when they never called him.

He also thought it was cool to drive loud cars and motorcycles. What a douche. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I held out. It worked for me but it sucked for awhile.

Also, I find it ironic that 15 years ago, people called folks who used online dating fucking losers, worthy of scorn. And now that it's so mainstream and upended the dating market, some (many) of those same assholes are now whining about how unfair the world is...

I do agree that apps are part of the problem….if you’re using them and it’s not working for you, try something else. They’re mainstream but most people still meet other ways. Get offline and touch some grass.

You know that a match is made based off of a photo and few lines of bio (if you’re lucky). You’re doing the same gotdamn thing. If photogenic isn’t your strong suit, do something else instead of bitching at the app working as designed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Agree.  Too much emphasis is placed on dating apps and just like social media apps, people dramatically overestimate their influence.  Most people are still meeting the old-fashioned way (face-to-face, being introduced, etc.).  For incels to essentially go postal because they don't have luck with a dating app is as stupid as people wringing their hands over Twitter's demise as if it is the downfall of modern society.  This shit just isn't as important as people think it is.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Agree.  Too much emphasis is placed on dating apps and just like social media apps, people dramatically overestimate their influence.  Most people are still meeting the old-fashioned way (face-to-face, being introduced, etc.).  For incels to essentially go postal because they don't have luck with a dating app is as stupid as people wringing their hands over Twitter's demise as if it is the downfall of modern society.  This shit just isn't as important as people think it is.

I think y'all are actually on to something.  Think about how much we've evolved to where we don't just NOT communicate face-to-face or by phone, but we loathe it.  "Uggh...just send a text!"  And how much we've gotten away from physical shopping, picking up products in our hands, trying them on, etc.....instead, we click on a picture on Amazon and what we want shows up at our door.

It makes sense that in relationships, we're seeing the same trends: people default to impersonal means of communication, and expect to just order what they want and have it show up.

If you want a good pair of boots that fit right and you can wear for years, you really need to get out there and try some on.  You need to talk to people who have experience in the field and can make recommendations.  A good relationship is even more important and complex than a pair of boots.  The caveat being that yes, online dating works....after you reject a crapload of "products" that don't look to match up at all, etc. (and maybe you screened one out who would have been perfect for you, but you just couldn't get past the fact that the picture made her thighs look too fat).

The loss of interpersonal skills and connection, combined with online instant gratification (click, my new gadget shows up at my door in hours) is probably not helping with the incel issue, and may in fact be real drivers of it.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

We would be at a bar/restaurant and he was always convinced whoever was waiting on us wanted to bang him. I told him no dude, it's their job to be nice.. for tips. He would write his digits on the receipt then bitch with the common incel rant  when they never called him.

Sorry, Man.  I'm a better person now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I think y'all are actually on to something.  Think about how much we've evolved to where we don't just NOT communicate face-to-face or by phone, but we loathe it.  "Uggh...just send a text!"  And how much we've gotten away from physical shopping, picking up products in our hands, trying them on, etc.....instead, we click on a picture on Amazon and what we want shows up at our door.

It makes sense that in relationships, we're seeing the same trends: people default to impersonal means of communication, and expect to just order what they want and have it show up.

If you want a good pair of boots that fit right and you can wear for years, you really need to get out there and try some on.  You need to talk to people who have experience in the field and can make recommendations.  A good relationship is even more important and complex than a pair of boots.  The caveat being that yes, online dating works....after you reject a crapload of "products" that don't look to match up at all, etc. (and maybe you screened one out who would have been perfect for you, but you just couldn't get past the fact that the picture made her thighs look too fat).

The loss of interpersonal skills and connection, combined with online instant gratification (click, my new gadget shows up at my door in hours) is probably not helping with the incel issue, and may in fact be real drivers of it.

Houston Sports and Social club is a great vehicle for younger folks in their 20s and 30's looking to get out there. It won't fix any individual social awkwardness, or overblown standards, or anything else. But it's a solid vehicle. 

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I also think there’s a terrible feedback loop for (especially) awkward dudes. 

The format is non-threatening and comfortable (because no face to face) so they gravitate towards it. It gives the illusion of extensive interaction with women, and what’s more it gives the illusion that they’re all actively rejecting you. And that reinforces shitty self-image and keeps them from doing what they really need to do— talk to women in different social settings. 

This needs to be required viewing for every lovelorn potential incel:

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I also think there’s a terrible feedback loop for (especially) awkward dudes. 

The format is non-threatening and comfortable (because no face to face) so they gravitate towards it. It gives the illusion of extensive interaction with women, and what’s more it gives the illusion that they’re all actively rejecting you. And that reinforces shitty self-image and keeps them from doing what they really need to do— talk to women in different social settings. 

This needs to be required viewing for every lovelorn potential incel:

Well, while it's a solidly extreme example, it's also not entirely wrong.  I remember the light-bulb moment in college when I realized "wait....that girl over there is presently not going out with me.  If I chat her up, and it goes nowhere....she's still just not going out with me.  And if it works, then she IS going out with me."  In the book of trying to connect with women, there are only credits, no debits.  Or, to put it in salesman terms, you don't count the sales you miss, you just count the sales you close.  If it doesn't click/she shoots you down...so what?  Accept her answer, be polite, move on.

And the real key is what that does to your attitude.  The more you get rid of fear of/hating rejection, then the less you operate like someone worried about rejection.  That quality is called "confidence," and it matters a whole fucking lot. Not the false confidence of bravado and attitude -- the real confidence of actually believing in the product you're selling (you).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Today I learned: Midtown is short. 

Also, your post is all fucking angry little man bullshit. "The problem today isn't that women have more options, it's social media making them bitches be uppity!" I'm not sure you could have put forth a post illustrating anger at the fact that women have unreasonable standards if you used paint by numbers. It's wildly transparent, and it's wrong. And as usual, there's zero accountability there for anyone and their own failures.

Listen, I'm not going to sit here and say the genetic lottery doesn't matter, we all know that it matters. But guess what, women often like taller/bigger men. The same reason they like big muscles, and other attractive traits. It's biological, in olden times it made them feel safe, and like their kids had a better shot to make it to puberty because all the genetic reasons. But I don't see you applying similar comparisons to women with small chests, or bad proportions, which guess fucking what, men are hard-wired to prefer in a fucking mate, along with looks. But yes, women have it easy, it's not like there's a multi-billion dollar industry for breast augmentation that only exists because of men's female ideals and women's insecurity about their self-worth and how men evaluate it...for fuck's sake. 

Listen, some guys are short, some guys are ugly, some guys have a tiny fucking penis. Some guys have all 3, and that sucks. Most are some mix of all those things, fortunately for most men, there are a number of things they can do to give themselves more value, like work hard, get some degrees, get a good job, develop a sense of humor and kindness, and patience, etc. Girls with their own issues have their own set of things they can work with, but honestly, it feels way more fucking limited that what society gives men to equalize our shortcomings.

And lets not forget the old adage: If a man laughs at a women, she gets her feelings hurt. If a woman laughs at a man he can fucking kill her.  

LOL at society has told men that women decide their value. Like this is a new thing, I do believe there's a phrase you may have heard before, often on this site: Pussy is undefeated. Pussy on a pedestal, whatever. You think those exist because women haven't always had some form of power? Because they haven't always in many ways defined a man's value? There's a reason men always chased arm candy, it is because they liked getting laid and showing society that someone attractive found them valuable. That's why it's fucking called Arm Candy.

Wake the fuck up, the dynamics are the same as they've ever been, except these days women don't need men to make money, provide a home, or adhere to antiquated social and cultural norms and expectations. And there's a subset of men that just can't fucking handle the rejection and indifference and...blame women. Fucking stupid. 

I realize there are a lot of men out there who just want companionship, and are lonely, and angry about it. But the way they fucking react to the rejection and social dynamics that don't basically REQUIRE a women to be with them makes me think...they'd be pretty shitty fucking companions to start. 

Well, said (on a topic that kind of bores me). Now, why can't you string sentences together like this on the recruiting board?

8 hours ago, midtown said:

20220725_082206.jpg

Wow.

Anyway, I said this earlier in the thread and while you may be right, a lotta men want a hot girl, good job, big tits, likes sports, no drama, no baggage, etc., and meanwhile, they're just some guy.  Guys aren't looking for an overweight daycare worker single mom with a heart of gold.

Newsflash, people have unrealistic expectations in the dating market.

6 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Was his name MissingTheAction?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

A big part of being happy is just deciding to be happy.  

There is a book about a guy who lived according to the Bible for about a year.  He found that the gratitude component of his experiment really had a profound impact on his level of happiness.   I tried to incorporate that into my own life, and I found a similar result.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

There is a book about a guy who lived according to the Bible for about a year.  He found that the gratitude component of his experiment really had a profound impact on his level of happiness.   I tried to incorporate that into my own life, and I found a similar result.  

I’m down with the gratitude, but if that means no shrimp, oysters or crawfish, then I remain a heathen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, midtown said:

20220725_082206.jpg

20 hours ago, midtown said:
21 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

20 hours ago, midtown said:

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I remember telling my wife, I just pray my sons aren't short. They come from a long line of 6'0 or taller and it's just a privilege that is underrated. It's never the tall ones that are weirdo incels, is it? It's always the 5'8 Eliot Rodgers of the world it seems like.

• Fuck You 1