Shigeru Miyamoto

3 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the sunglass man to his right,

Hugh Hefner

3 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

blue suit man in front row? 

Phil Swift

To All My Surly Friends:
It is with great pleasure that I proudly announce the birth of my new GoFundMe project - the formation of an innovative, science-driven undersea engineering company, whose mission it is to develop and implement a deep sea diving vessel for the commercial purpose of exploring the wreck of the late submersible Titan.
This is your opportunity to join me in funding this historic project. Details to follow soon. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

To All My Surly Friends:

It is with great pleasure that I proudly announce the birth of my new GoFundMe project - the formation of an innovative, science-driven undersea engineering company, whose mission it is to develop and implement a deep sea diving vessel for the commercial purpose of exploring the wreck of the submersible late submersible Titan.

This is your opportunity to join me in funding this historic project. Details to follow soon. 

You're a GATA right?

Because of that I do not believe that you are arrogant or pompous enough for such a venture (plus I am a 50+ white male and nobody wants us around) so due to that....

Im Out GIF by Shark Tank

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

To All My Surly Friends:
It is with great pleasure that I proudly announce the birth of my new GoFundMe project - the formation of an innovative, science-driven undersea engineering company, whose mission it is to develop and implement a deep sea diving vessel for the commercial purpose of exploring the wreck of the late submersible Titan.

You should wait to see if Florida wins the CWS before embarking on your suicide mission.

10 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I've got some controllers we can use to pilot the sub.

20200907_221613-1-scaled-1-1024x1024.thumb.webp.4b8b68cd17fb68882b5680f34a4dc863.webp

Joking aside, a complex vehicle providing real life-safety functions should have more functionality in its control devices.  That's why my design incorporates this time-tested suite of gadgets:

e16b4c67-13c8-4ef5-b33e-0328ce98a273_1.5

• Haha 6
  • Drool 3

5 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

You're a GATA right?

Because of that I do not believe that you are arrogant or pompous enough for such a venture (plus I am a 50+ white male and nobody wants us around) so due to that....

Im Out GIF by Shark Tank

Dear sir, do not let your lack of familiarity with my personality deter you. Today and today only, if you invest before midnight, we will throw in a limited edition baseball cap with the company logo:  “I Have Deep Feelings!”

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

F Biden!!  /no CR

seriously though, why the f didn't the US Navy tell everyone?  Secondly, that's f'n impressive to have sonar / whatever that can monitor every drop of ocean water for noises. Wow! 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

My worst case scenario was that something with the balance/ballast had also gone wrong and the sub had went vertical, either nosed into the ocean floor, or was bobbing vertically at the surface, and so all five of them were forced into basically standing up, and spent a few days standing in shit and piss (or leaning on the sides with their feet/ankles in it)..  And vomit if they were stuck at the surface bobbing up and down.  I guess if it was bobbing up and down at the surface, they'd have fallen into the shit, piss, and vomit at some point.  And the smell would only get worse.  Days of standing/leaning in shit/piss/vomit, knowing they couldn't get out.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Dear sir, do not let your lack of familiarity with my personality deter you. Today and today only, if you invest before midnight, we will throw in a limited edition baseball cap with the company logo:  “I Have Deep Feelings!”

Make it a pirate hat, throw in a daily ration of Rum and we have a deal...

Ship Pirate GIF by JJs Manöverschluck

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

To All My Surly Friends:

I am willing to help you with your historic mission. I do expect to be compensated for these important items but am willing to give you a surly discount. If you can Venmo me $350,000 by 7 pm CST tomorrow I can also throw in some beanie babies and legos. All of which I am sure you’ll be grateful to get.

IMG_6717.jpeg

IMG_6719.jpeg

IMG_6720.jpeg

IMG_6721.jpeg

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

F Biden!!  /no CR

seriously though, why the f didn't the US Navy tell everyone?  Secondly, that's f'n impressive to have sonar / whatever that can monitor every drop of ocean water for noises. Wow! 

Once again bringing back Project Azorian to this thread; in 1968 the Navy found, within a 5 mile radius, a sunken Soviet sub in the North Pacific off of the underwater implosion signatures, and they didn't even know the exact date the sub sank, but "heard it" from their recordings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Azorian

The American SOSUS hydrophone network in the northern Pacific was tasked with reviewing its recordings in the hope of detecting an implosion (or explosion) related to such a loss. The Navy analyzed acoustic data from four AFTAC sites and the Adak, AlaskaSOSUS array,[7] locating the wreck of the submarine to within 5 nautical miles (9 km). The site was hundreds of miles away from the Soviet Navy search area.[8]

Naval Facility (NAVFAC) Point Sur, south of Monterey, California, was able to isolate a sonic signature on its low-frequency array recordings of an implosion event that had occurred on March 8, 1968. Using NavFac Point Sur's date and time of the event, NavFac Adak and the US West Coast NAVFAC were also able to isolate the acoustic event. With five SOSUS lines-of-bearing, Naval Intelligence was able to localize the site of the K-129wreck to the vicinity of 40.1° N latitude and 179.9° E longitude (close to the International Date Line).[9]

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I am willing to help you with your historic mission. I do expect to be compensated for these important items but am willing to give you a surly discount. If you can Venmo me $350,000 by 7 pm CST tomorrow I can also throw in some beanie babies and legos. All of which I am sure you’ll be grateful to get.

IMG_6717.jpeg

IMG_6719.jpeg

IMG_6720.jpeg

IMG_6721.jpeg

Many thanks for your offer of the non-gender neutral Mr. Potato Head, what appears to be a Jimbo Fisher Brand Dumpster Fire…and a Lite-Brite.  While intriguing, the Beta testing will not include those items. 

I am, however, very interested in the emergency communication device.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

I suspected.

57 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

To All My Surly Friends:

Allow me to offer a tube of gorilla glue warrantied up to 2.3 dives. I can also provide some flex seal for a partners share.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wondered if there’d be anything left to eventually wash ashore or how long it took for them to die and if they suffered.

Catastrophic Implosion of a submersible explained:

When a submarine hull collapses, it moves inward at about 1,500 miles per hour - that’s 2,200 feet per second.

The time required for complete collapse is 20 / 2,200 seconds = about 1 millisecond.

A human brain responds instinctually to stimulus at about 25 milliseconds. Human rational response (senseâ†'reasonâ†'act) is at best 150 milliseconds.

The air inside a sub has a fairly high concentration of hydrocarbon vapors.

When the hull collapses it behaves like a very large piston on a very large Diesel engine.

The air auto-ignites and an explosion follows the initial rapid implosion. Large blobs of fat (that would be humans) incinerate and are turned to ash and dust quicker than you can blink your eye.

Info Source: Dave Corley, former Nuke sub officer

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

Allow me to offer a tube of gorilla glue warrantied up to 2.3 dives. I can also provide some flex seal for a partners share.

Fuck! Stupid me!
I’ve been thinking only monetarily
I have this very nice blue and gold from SCUBA school (vintage 1983) plus some UDT shorts (though from recent tailgates, not gonna fit too many of you fatties) Grow a ‘stache (sorry Nicholle) and be as cool as Magnum PI

246ca1e8c593b6a23aaa86c22a9a51ce.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Wondered if there’d be anything left to eventually wash ashore or how long it took for them to die and if they suffered.

When a submarine hull collapses, it moves inward at about 1,500 miles per hour - that’s 2,200 feet per second.

The time required for complete collapse is 20 / 2,200 seconds = about 1 millisecond.

A human brain responds instinctually to stimulus at about 25 milliseconds. Human rational response (senseâ'reasonâ'act) is at best 150 milliseconds.

When the hull collapses it behaves like a very large piston on a very large Diesel engine.

The air auto-ignites and an explosion follows the initial rapid implosion. Large blobs of fat (that would be humans) incinerate and are turned to ash and dust quicker than you can blink your eye.

So you are saying the Titanic is getting ashy?  Holy Shit, now this I gotta see, anyone got a ride?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I suspected.

We now know that the Rhino Liner they covered the O/G sub with wasn't enough to overcome its shortcomings.  Might as well give the Gorilla a shot.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

To All My Surly Friends:

Best we can do is 350 Best Buy coupons and a leftover wreath fund.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

A human brain responds instinctually to stimulus at about 25 milliseconds. Human rational response (senseâ'reasonâ'act) is at best 150 milliseconds.

Oh.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Will the Gator-Sub serve rum ham?  Asking for a friend.

If your financial remuneration is dependent upon serving rum ham, we will be serving the very best rum ham in the dual purpose bidet/buffet.    A bit over budget, but if we get all of the fancy ciphering right we can save on the pressure testing.  I have never had a propane tank or a scuba tank fail. I think those tests are a money scam. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

59 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I suspected.

Your partner’s share can be full profit margins starting on the submersible’s second trip and after 

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Once again bringing back Project Azorian to this thread; in 1968 the Navy found, within a 5 mile radius, a sunken Soviet sub in the North Pacific off of the underwater implosion signatures, and they didn't even know the exact date the sub sank, but "heard it" from their recordings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Azorian

If they could pinpoint it within five miles in 1968, imagine how good they are now.

• Hook 'Em 4

47 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

So, they were dead before ever realizing it happened. Can I go back in time and take a trip to the Titanic right as the opening kickoff happened in the 2021 Kansas game?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4