A&M botches hiring of Aggie grad to lead Journalism department because she’s black, leads to President resignation.

TexasEd

17 hours ago, 'stache said:

College station jury? Yeah, they’ll agree that she was teaching CRT and the school was legally obligated to not let her set foot on aggy campus. They might even rule that she be deported from the state altogether. The closing argument will just be the Aldean video.

She was brainwashed at TU. Can’t do that in a small town 

• Drool 1

I've followed the "LOLOLOLOL Aggies suck!!!" thread on the football board since its inception.  Always thought it was just rivalry stuff.  No way Aggie is that stupid.  

Now I read this thead in the more legit Bada Big. Wow.  Those guys really ARE dipshits.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I've followed the "LOLOLOLOL Aggies suck!!!" thread on the football board since its inception.  Always thought it was just rivalry stuff.  No way Aggie is that stupid.  

Now I read this thead in the more legit Bada Big. Wow.  Those guys really ARE dipshits.

Thin-skinned snowflakes.

48 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

What a fucked up place.   And if they did end up firing her for whatever it was she said about Patrick, it's a clear free speech violation.   Republican leadership in this state is fucking deranged.

Yeah--and the tracing of the chain of events is pretty damning.  It might be a pretty easy case to prove just based on the timing of the communications alone.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

2 hours ago, royiv said:

Both A&M and UTMB look stupid on this one. UTMB issued a knee-jerk formal censure when they should have told the powers that be to pound sand.

If y'all think this isn't also UT's immediate future, you haven't been paying attention.  Every accusation is a confession, chapter eleventy billion: "politicians control universities to disseminate their sick political beliefs!"  So, now that they have an irrevocable grip on power, the accusers are doing exactly what they complain about.  It's going to get much, much, much worse.  Political purity tests for all college educators are coming, and right soon.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

Man, I am really sad for my beloved home state. 

Does Texas have anyone in a leadership position who's not an ignorant, thin-skinned fascist looking to systematically grind up all the actual experts in the right-wing hate machine?

p.s.  This thread makes me want to write a check to The Texas Tribune for reporting these stories.  They should be getting more attention.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Does Texas have anyone in a leadership position who's not an ignorant, thin-skinned fascist looking to systematically grind up all the actual experts in the right-wing hate machine?

p.s.  This thread makes me want to write a check to The Texas Tribune for reporting these stories.  They should be getting more attention.  

i send them $5 a month.  it's some of the only real journalism we have left in the state.

https://support.texastribune.org/donate?installmentPeriod=yearly&amount=50&campaignId=7016f000002GvJmAAK

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I’ve said before that Texags is just a troll farm and not representative of the school and student body, but it still shocks me every time and legitimately affects my opinion of the school.  I have three kids and I’ll do whatever I can to keep them from going there, and I’m sure it’s largely from the impression Texags has made on me. And that’s a top public school!

It’s like, maybe it’s logical, maybe it’s not.  But do I want to risk that my kids will end up thinking like them?

• Hook 'Em 1

We’ve been planning to leave for a few years now.  Was supposed to happen last summer and a deal on a house fell through and we just decided to stay here for a little while longer.  The last few months have us in full let’s get the fuck out of here as quickly as possible mode.  That may be a few months, it might take a year to get the job stuff worked out, but we’re leaving.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I’ve said before that Texags is just a troll farm and not representative of the school and student body

I don't think it's just a troll forum, but rather represents the opinions of most alums and t-shirt fans over the age of 45. This is especially true in the "Aggie Triangle" between Washington, Fannin, and Shelby counties.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I’ve said before that Texags is just a troll farm and not representative of the school and student body, but it still shocks me every time and legitimately affects my opinion of the school.  I have three kids and I’ll do whatever I can to keep them from going there, and I’m sure it’s largely from the impression Texags has made on me. And that’s a top public school!

It’s like, maybe it’s logical, maybe it’s not.  But do I want to risk that my kids will end up thinking like them?

Dude, under no fucking metric is Texas A&M a "top" public school. Not anymore. Their enrollment, their plummeting rankings, there is nothing about it that says Top Public School, and it's not going to stop plummeting any time soon. 

11 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I don't think it's just a troll forum, but rather represents the opinions of most alums and t-shirt fans over the age of 45. This is especially true in the "Aggie Triangle" between Washington, Fannin, and Shelby counties.

Yeah, I just popped that into google maps, and it's missing quite a but of real estate. Tat Triangle skips over Montgomery County for starters, and it helps NE way to soon, missing areas like Jasper and Beaumont entirely. 

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, I just popped that into google maps, and it's missing quite a but of real estate. Tat Triangle skips over Montgomery County for starters, and it helps NE way to soon, missing areas like Jasper and Beaumont entirely. 

The geography isn't the main point; the age bracket is the critical issue.  And in that, @SimonBolivar is dead-on-balls accurate.

Sorry if I bruise any egos here, but college football message boards are not where anybody under the age of 45 is congregating.  TexAgs is no exception.  

And so not only are you talking about a site populated by Boomers and old GenXers, but think about what Texas A&M was before 2000.  Because that's what we're talking about--it's likely the very youngest poster on TexAgs graduated no more recently than 2000.  And back in the 20th Century, Texas A&M . . . well, let's just say it was somewhat more retrograde than it is today.

So yeah--Simon is leaving out Montgomery County.  But I think his description still gives a pretty accurate flavor.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The geography isn't the main point; the age bracket is the critical issue.  And in that, @SimonBolivar is dead-on-balls accurate.

Sorry if I bruise any egos here, but college football message boards are not where anybody under the age of 45 is congregating.  TexAgs is no exception.  

And so not only are you talking about a site populated by Boomers and old GenXers, but think about what Texas A&M was before 2000.  Because that's what we're talking about--it's likely the very youngest poster on TexAgs graduated no more recently than 2000.  And back in the 20th Century, Texas A&M . . . well, let's just say it was somewhat more retrograde than it is today.

So yeah--Simon is leaving out Montgomery County.  But I think his description still gives a pretty accurate flavor.

Speak for yourself old man.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I liked his post. I was simply pointing out the geography of their stupid is much more widespread, sir. 

7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What people here fail to realize is that Texas A&M is more representative of Texas than the University of Texas is. We laugh at Aggy but we're really just laughing at Texas theres no difference between the 2 anymore.

Wait another 10 years when their undergraduate enrollment is churning ou 60-70k indoctrinated Freshman per year, whether or not they graduate. And then when they keep voting. 

34 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What people here fail to realize is that Texas A&M is more representative of Texas than the University of Texas is. We laugh at Aggy but we're really just laughing at Texas theres no difference between the 2 anymore.

yes, because most of the state is uneducated.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

it is fucking infuriating how much the race to the bottom is embraced by these awful, awful fucking people.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man....just cogitating on this UTMB event, and holy shit, it's as bad as it gets.

Let's be clear of the "wrongful act" that the professor was reported for.  It's one that we all read about in news publications and books growing up.  You know, the articles about the totalitarian shithole regimes we used to make fun of.  The "crime" here is the one we all remember as "disloyalty to the regime."  That's it.  Nothing more, nothing less.  A professor at a university said something that criticized, instead of praised, the ruling regime.  AND SHE WAS ACTUALLY SUSPENDED AND THEN CENSURED FOR IT.

That's fucking North Korea, Communist China, bullshit dictatorship crap.

I grew up reading about "papers please" and "punished for the crime of disloyalty to the regime" countries and thanked my lucky stars I didn't live in one of THOSE shitholes.  And now.....I do, and I didn't even have to move.

Texas GQP Dictatorship, 30 years and going strong   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man....just cogitating on this UTMB event, and holy shit, it's as bad as it gets.

Let's be clear of the "wrongful act" that the professor was reported for.  It's one that we all read about in news publications and books growing up.  You know, the articles about the totalitarian shithole regimes we used to make fun of.  The "crime" here is the one we all remember as "disloyalty to the regime."  That's it.  Nothing more, nothing less.  A professor at a university said something that criticized, instead of praised, the ruling regime.  AND SHE WAS ACTUALLY SUSPENDED AND THEN CENSURED FOR IT.

I grew up reading about "papers please" and "punished for the crime of disloyalty to the regime" countries and thanked my lucky stars I didn't live in one of THOSE shitholes.  And now.....I do, and I didn't even have to move.

Well, 56% of this state voted for this.

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Well, 56% of this state voted for this.

Bingo.

I used to read about totalitarian dictatorships, the kind of places that punished people for being "disloyal to the regime."  And I wondered "man, how does that happen someplace?"

And here I am, in a place that actually fucking VOTES FOR THAT.  Jesus tapdancing christ.

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

A professor at a university said something that criticized, instead of praised, the ruling regime.  AND SHE WAS ACTUALLY SUSPENDED AND THEN CENSURED FOR IT.

The really crazy thing is that this is probably a First Amendment issue, the very thing a lot of these people constantly crow about when it comes to social media, even though it does not apply to private social media companies.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think @SimonBolivar was painting in broad strokes. No need to drag him behind a truck until his head pops off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

45 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The really crazy thing is that this is probably a First Amendment issue, the very thing a lot of these people constantly crow about when it comes to social media, even though it does not apply to private social media companies.

Seriously.  We live in a world where a giant cadre of fucking morons -- who happen to control this state -- would apply the First Amendment more stringently to private fucking online websites than TO THE ACTUAL FUCKING GOVERNMENT.  A world turned upside down.

18 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

"Be watchful and vigilant!"

soviet spy poster

And yeah, a whole lot of this.

Let's write an accurate description of what happened at UTMB.

"A regime loyalist who is also a family member of a leading member of The Party reported a university professor to the State for making remarks demonstrating a lack of loyalty to the regime.  The professor was immediately suspended by the State from her position, and was formally censured by the State-run university for her improper remarks that were disloyal to The Party, the Regime, and its Vice-Supreme Leader."

In chapter 11 billion in the "every accusation is a confession" book, these fucking yahoos who bitch and whine about "communist dictatorship" and whatnot ARE FUCKING CREATING THE MOST SPOT-ON HISTORICAL RE-ENACTMENT OF ONE ON US SOIL THAT HAS EVER BEEN PERFORMED.  "Rat on your neighbor for disloyalty to the regime."  That's a thing.  That actually happens.  Here.  And is REWARDED.  Jesus monkeyfucking Christ, what the fucking fuck is wrong with these people?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

You have to be a special kind of dumb like John sharp to look this bad ….

Speaking as somebody who grew up far from any whisper about that hell-pit, Aggroid's reputation starts as "Oh, another big state engineering and veterinary school, can't be that bad," then goes in the tank as one becomes more familiar with Aggy.

This is not football banter-- I don't like Auburn football either, but I can go down to Auburn, a normal college town, and find plenty of things to do without once running into cult-like behavior. I mean, they do dorky things like spontaneous yeehahs from the stands at graduation, but that's just class-mobility on display, not a "tradition."

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

You have to be a special kind of dumb like John sharp to look this bad ….

The Emperor is about to dissolve the senate. The regional governors will now have direct control over their colleges. The last remnants of the republic will be swept away. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

The only metric I can think of that they're tops in is undergrad enrollment. Even then, I think ASU and UCF are ahead of them.

That’s why they’ve started saying some other campuses like aggy-Galveston are really just far flung classrooms of the real aggy campus. Gotta get those numbers up above their elite competition.