A&M botches hiring of Aggie grad to lead Journalism department because she’s black, leads to President resignation.

TexasEd

And, I mean....also this.

BACK ON TOPIC...a text from a friend (and fellow double-UT alumnus).  One of his good friends is a tenured prof at a top US private university.  That prof's comment, from within the higher education world: "Yes, the universities are taking a huge hit in terms of reputation and prestige.  A&M in particular is having a hard time recruiting faculty and this now may spread to UT."
The reputation and quality of a state university system that took decades upon decades to build, may be wrecked in a matter of a few years.  It's so much harder to build than to destroy, and our state leadership is proving that on this particular front.

For GQP, making it hard recruiting top talent is a feature not a bug. Now they can better place loyalists and friends and family in faculty and prestige positions.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I never made the Pat=Patrick connection.  Never mind the wardrobe.  noCR, pos rep.  

somebody, somebody explain to me why I'm the beta cuck and the guy with feminine birthing hips wearing rouge off camera is idolized by "real Texas men"  

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Chump change compared to what they pay Jimbo to destroy their football program.

She needs to be sure they pay in cash. I wouldn't trust an aggy check.

image.gif.7447a050651a90039cffdc05e9bf8895.gif

Don’t cash it until the year 20XX

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Wait.  If aggy does something stupid enough, you can get them to pay YOU $1 milion?

Because, umm....I 've got a pretty lengthy list of stupid shit aggy has done.  I'm thinking I should send it to them, and end my letter with "fuck you, pay me $10 million....but I'll take $2 million."  They may bargain me down to $20 million, I'll have confused them so much.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Im going to apply for the vacant TAMU journalism dean position. As a gay black trans Jewish Libertarian Rastafarian I’ll get tens of millions in a settlement. 

Go in dressed like this, then do the reveal once the contract is signed.

image.jpeg.160b283375960a3debbc59461e494432.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You know it’s bad when you settle this quickly. Aggie even handles the settlement announcement poorly. Best practice is to announce it late on Friday afternoon to minimize the publicity of your stupidity.

Late Fridays are when they land their 2-star commitments.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

well, we have been wondering HTF Aggy was gonna be able to pay for that $500M or whatever they fuck they owed on the stadium renovations when they were losing or breaking even on athletics spending the last 5 years or so.

turns out they got that oil bribe money going on the side and managed to hide it for 10 years.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

TAMU is now a full-on, politicized hack institution. It's not a University, it's just a puppet of the Texas Legislature. It'd be funny but they're trying to do the same to UT.

This.  It's not even a puppet of the Texas Legislature -- it is an open affiliate with the most extreme elements of the Lege and state politicians.  It is a political advocacy institution, not an institution of higher education.  You know, example #11 billion of "every accusation is a confession."

And yes.  This is EXACTLY their plan for UT.  Which they are already executing.  And, based on their grip on power, they will succeed.  Prepare for your UT degree to be materially devalued within a generation.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

I heard aTm's leadership will be field testing a catchy new tag line for their journalism school this weekend.

"Texas A&M University School of Journalism: We produce the type of journalist who should be instrumental in an attempted overthrow of the US government but if unsuccessful, will defect to Russia within 10 years of graduation AND be granted a free government apartment."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I heard aTm's leadership will be field testing a catchy new tag line for their journalism school this weekend.

"Texas A&M University School of Journalism: We produce the type of journalist who should be instrumental in an attempted overthrow of the US government but if unsuccessful, will defect to Russia within 10 years of graduation AND be granted a free government apartment."

Meh, too CR!  Nobody here supported that overthrow nor the misleading journalism that followed it, except the thousand of posters that did.  But didn't.  But also did.  REPORTED!