2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

28 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Excited All In GIF by ABC Network

Every year I hope for the best. This year I'm setting myself up, I can feel it. Don't care, it's still off-season plenty of time for doubt later.

For the last 10 years or so I have been VERY cautious and more realistic. My son calls me a "bad fan". This year though...I am ready to be hurt badly because my hopes are high. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Excited All In GIF by ABC Network

Every year I hope for the best. This year I'm setting myself up, I can feel it. Don't care, it's still off-season plenty of time for doubt later.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Your instincts are correct. This is the year, the first one in a long time, where high expectations are fully warranted. 

image.gif.6b6014fe7f94f15f195a43a28dbf1f8e.gif

The way I see it, with NIL and us going to the SEC next year, this is it.  If we don't have a successful year, and by that I mean a minimum of 10 wins, then we may not recover.  Sark HAS to be the guy because I don't think we will be able to crawl back up the ladder for decades if we go into the SEC in bad shape.  

I like where he has us so far.  Building up the lines, a la Saban, is exactly what I wanted.  We can pay for skill positions if we need them.  Let's fucking go.

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I just spent the day walking up massive inclines in San Francisco and barely breaking a sweat. I would fucking smoke Sweat in a 40. I’ve easily still got 4.something speed, folks. 

The way I see it, Texas hasn't been "picked" to win the Big 12 since the last year they were picked to win the Big 12 and won it. 

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

The way I see it, with NIL and us going to the SEC next year, this is it.  If we don't have a successful year, and by that I mean a minimum of 10 wins, then we may not recover.  Sark HAS to be the guy because I don't think we will be able to crawl back up the ladder for decades if we go into the SEC in bad shape.  
I like where he has us so far.  Building up the lines, a la Saban, is exactly what I wanted.  We can pay for skill positions if we need them.  Let's fucking go.

Whatever. We’re Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, Dignan said:

For the last 10 years or so I have been VERY cautious and more realistic. My son calls me a "bad fan". This year though...I am ready to be hurt badly because my hopes are high. 

26 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Michael Scott I'm ready to get hurt again gif should be the board motto for the next month or so.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I hope Sark is the guy to, but what do you think takes decades?  Even before NIL you see pretty much saw instantaneous turn arounds when a program hires the right coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This paragraph is some weak shit. Decades? It didn't take Alabama decades to recover from their Dubose/Franchione/Shula shitshow. LSU has been up and down from middling to outstanding multiple times in decades. Same with Auburn. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I just spent the day walking up massive inclines in San Francisco and barely breaking a sweat. I would fucking smoke Sweat in a 40. I’ve easily still got 4.something speed, folks. 

And yet somehow you were still passed by a 70 year old asian woman carrying her groceries. If you know you know. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This paragraph is some weak shit. Decades? It didn't take Alabama decades to recover from their Dubose/Franchione/Shula shitshow. LSU has been up and down from middling to outstanding multiple times in decades. Same with Auburn. 
You forgot the best of the bunch, the mighty Mike Price.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

You forgot the best of the bunch, the mighty Mike Price.

Well-played card.

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m still down for the Surlympics. I’ll put a heavy wager on the over on that 40 time. That man bun’s got gray in it, and everyone knows Naruto times start sliding as you approach 50. 

IMG_4842.gif

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Dignan said:

Mine aren't.

On the one hand, talent level is as high as ever.

On the other, it's not exactly a senior-laden squad.

And Sark has yet to prove he has it as a head coach. I think he's learned a lot, and is a better coach today than he was back when he was at USC, but he's gotta do it.

Same with that mashup defensive coaching staff. I still have no idea if Bo and PK can work together. Still don't know if mr. coach-on-the-field is a top tier coach off the field.

I have no doubt that we have better talent, all over the field, than we've had since Mack's heyday. But A&M had a ton of NFL talent last year and ended up with a losing record...

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Your instincts are correct. This is the year, the first one in a long time, where high expectations are fully warranted. 

image.gif.6b6014fe7f94f15f195a43a28dbf1f8e.gif

This coming from CTJ got me rock hard. The problem is it’s been 3 hours and I’m still like granite. Should I go see a doctor?

• Haha 1

Sark is probably not the guy but it isn’t like there’s no proof of concept of quick turnarounds in the SEC. Hell Auburn and LSU have made a living on being schizo programs. Alabama was terrible, until they weren’t. Etc etc.

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

This coming from CTJ got me rock hard. The problem is it’s been 3 hours and I’m still like granite. Should I go see a doctor?

Nah bro. If you look in the corner of that room and see Case McCoy with a camera…just do what comes naturally. 

lemme give y'all a mental health tip

it's better to start the season with tempered/skeptical expectations and have them proved wrong than it is to expect to win it all and have a 9-win season

i mean 9 wins would tie Sark's best year ever, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

lemme give y'all a mental health tip

it's better to start the season with tempered/skeptical expectations and have them proved wrong than it is to expect to win it all and have a 9-win season

i mean 9 wins would tie Sark's best year ever, right?

It's better to have expected greatness and lost it than to have never expected it at all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Feel like this could be on the banner at Texags

Fair point, but their realism doesn't kick in until conference play and ours comes 1st or 2nd series of game one.  If you aren't drinking the burnt orange kool-aid from Febuary-Fall Camp how can you even enjoy Texas Football.

• Haha 1