I like Cereal.

LongestHorn

We generally do cereal every other day, alternating with a cooked breakfast.  Wife does most of the cooking, so I'm good with whatever she wants.  We usually doctor it up with fruit, fresh strawberries or peaches, frozen blueberries from Sam's, etc.  In Winter, we often have instant oatmeal, to which we add apples or other fruit. 

I love a good breakfast of sausage and eggs, breakfast tacos, pancakes, or mcmuffin type breakfast sandwiches, but the quick and easy cereal is good. When we have grandkids over (often during summer) they always get a cooked breakfast, so I eat less cereal.

I would probably eat more cereal if I was doing the cooking.

I love me some Cracklin' Oat Bran- so much that I've cut it out of my diet. Wasn't unusual for me to eat a whole box on a Saturday morning between breakfast and lunch.

it's like Brillo pads for your colon... and was great fuel for some worktime crop dusting later in the day.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm another Cracklin' Oat Bran fiend.

I haven't eaten cereal in several years.  Just kinda lost the desire to keep it around, but fuck I love that stuff.

It don't help that it's $27 dollars a box or something ridiculous (Whenever HEB is open).

I had a friend from Battle Creek who worked at Kellogg's that procured me a case of the stuff in grad school. I think it lasted a week.

Come to think of it, all of my roommates moved out around the same time.

Edited by NWBuck

Ahhh, can I bitch?

Honey Nut Cheerios was the bomb. The motherfucking bomb. Best cereal ever. Tasted amazing, and yet much healthier than most cereals, and certainly healthier than anything that tasted even remotely as good. And then a few years back, it got ... kinda not so good. I mean, it's still a good enough cereal, but that's all; it's only "good enough." And I finally found out what they did. You know what they changed?

They don't have almonds in it any more. They're using ground-up peach pits. If you look on the label, it'll say "natural almond flavoring" or something like that... you know what that is? It's ground-up peach pits is what it is.

Now ... don't get me wrong about this. I'm not grossed out. I'm not feeling like you've done put some weird chemical shit in there. You crack open a peach pit, pull out the nut and roast it, you'll have yourself a passable decent nut...

...that tastes like almond in the same way that LaCroix tastes like carbonated fruit juice.

Edited by Rimbo

10 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Ahhh, can I bitch?

Honey Nut Cheerios was the bomb. The motherfucking bomb. Best cereal ever. Tasted amazing, and yet much healthier than most cereals, and certainly healthier than anything that tasted even remotely as good. And then a few years back, it got ... kinda not so good. I mean, it's still a good enough cereal, but that's all; it's only "good enough." And I finally found out what they did. You know what they changed?

They don't have almonds in it any more. They're using ground-up peach pits. If you look on the label, it'll say "natural almond flavoring" or something like that... you know what that is? It's ground-up peach pits is what it is.

Now ... don't get me wrong about this. I'm not grossed out. I'm not feeling like you've done put some weird chemical shit in there. You crack open a peach pit, pull out the nut and roast it, you'll have yourself a passable decent nut...

...that tastes like almond in the same way that LaCroix tastes like carbonated fruit juice.

For the record, it doesn't contain actual peach pits.  Peach pits contain essentially cyanide, as well as other chemicals that are similar to those contained in almonds.  Apricot pits are the same way.  Honey Nut Cheerios contain, as you note, almond flavoring, which may be extracted from peach or apricot pits, both of which are related to almonds.

Grape Nuts, Raisin Bran, Wheat Chex, Frosted Flakes - I've got no ability to stop once I start eating them.

Don't buy them but given the chance I'd eat a whole box of any of the 4 tonight if it appeared.

Loved Honey Combs as a kid but haven't had it in some time.

My wife makes chocolate chip cookies and mixes in Honey Bunches of Oats and they are amazing.....

Was at the grocery store tonight and while going through the cereal aisle my boy spots S'Mores cereal. He asks if we can get it and I tell him if we are going to eat cereal than we are going balls to the wall with it. I picked up 2 boxes and tossed them into the cart like a manly man in front of the boy.
Now, not a word of this is to get back to momma.

7 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Crispix. Still eat a bowl or three post dinner on occasion. I used to eat a whole big-ass mixing bowl of Crispix as dessert when I was young. Love it and there really isn't a close second.

I just polished off a bowl of Crispix. I love it. I’ve lived it since it came out in the 80s. 

I also love Life. 

I love cereal too.   I've been kicking the idea of a cereal diet.  Having nothing but cereal three meals a day.  Reduced fat milk.  I have high hopes.

When I was a kid, okay even in college, I loved Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries.  That was my jam.  Lucky Charms was second.  Cocoa Krispies, Sugar Pops, Sugar Snaps (was Dean Martin the voice of the bear?).  When I was feeling healthy, Frosted Mini Wheats and Raisin Bran.   Nowadays it's nuttin but granola.  I've tried every kind.  And mueslix, like the cereology line from HEB the OP is talking about.  Good shit.  

I don't function in the morning without a bowl of cereal with berries on top and a glass of OJ.

In the summer, nothing beats a 50/50 mix of Wheat Chex and plain Life, topped with blueberries and a ripe peach.  I prefer 1% milk with it.

Other times I like Frosted mini-wheats, topped with whatever berries are in season.  And lots of them.

1 hour ago, Wiler77 said:

I don't function in the morning without a bowl of cereal with berries on top and a glass of OJ.

In the summer, nothing beats a 50/50 mix of Wheat Chex and plain Life, topped with blueberries and a ripe peach.  I prefer 1% milk with it.

Other times I like Frosted mini-wheats, topped with whatever berries are in season.  And lots of them.

Agreed.  Fresh blubes do the trick.  I've tried blackberries but don't like them as well.   Aint nobody got time to slice fruit in the morning so peaches and strawbs are not an option for me.

29 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

Agreed.  Fresh blubes do the trick.  I've tried blackberries but don't like them as well.   Aint nobody got time to slice fruit in the morning so peaches and strawbs are not an option for me.

You could slice them the night before and leave them in the fridge until morning.

And how long does it take to slice a strawberry any way?

I’m a huge fan of cracklin oat bran. Have been since my grandma introduce me to it when I was 12. I still eat it twice a week.

Cinnamon life/ cinnamon Chex are in the rotation.

If I eat fruity pebbles or coco puffs, it’s for dessert. So good.

0312cba55f87eac6ef5584b70a7da89c.jpg

Our cabinet like a month ago. The Rice Krispies were purely to make rice crispy treats.

• Like 1

By the way, fuck lowfat milk. Fuck yogurt made from lowfat milk. Fuck all that shit. It's a relic of a bygone age when people overstated the importance of avoiding fats and understated the importance of avoiding fucking sugar.

Drink whole milk or go the fuck home. Not even 2%. Whole. Fucking. Milk. Not gonna get into a science lecture, just sayin' you need to be drinking whole milk instead of that 2%/1% and GOD HELP YOU if you are drinking that unholy abomination unto the Lord called "skim milk." I mean what the fuck are they skimming, other than your wallet? 

Fucker: HI I'M GONNA SELL YOU SOME SHIT THAT YOU BOUGHT BUT I'M WATERING IT DOWN
You: SHIT REALLY? I'LL PAY YOU EXTRA FOR THAT SHIT

In what fucking goddamned universe does it make sense to pay the same for a gallon of watered-down product as it does to water it down yourself

outside of decaf coffee, I mean, that make sense

Shit, if that's the fuckery you wanna engage in, if you actually like the shit, you just buy the whole milk then go water it down at home, ya sick fuck

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Serious, or is this a setup to do the Roethlisberger thing?

serious

i'm old

i don't have time for tv

other than the kids programming i watch with my kids

i can quote wild kratts all day to you

By the way, fuck lowfat milk. Fuck yogurt made from lowfat milk. Fuck all that shit. It's a relic of a bygone age when people overstated the importance of avoiding fats and understated the importance of avoiding fucking sugar.
Drink whole milk or go the fuck home. Not even 2%. Whole. Fucking. Milk. Not gonna get into a science lecture, just sayin' you need to be drinking whole milk instead of that 2%/1% and GOD HELP YOU if you are drinking that unholy abomination unto the Lord called "skim milk." I mean what the fuck are they skimming, other than your wallet? 
Fucker: HI I'M GONNA SELL YOU SOME SHIT THAT YOU BOUGHT BUT I'M WATERING IT DOWN
You: SHIT REALLY? I'LL PAY YOU EXTRA FOR THAT SHIT
In what fucking goddamned universe does it make sense to pay the same for a gallon of watered-down product as it does to water it down yourself
outside of decaf coffee, I mean, that make sense
Shit, if that's the fuckery you wanna engage in, if you actually like the shit, you just buy the whole milk then go water it down at home, ya sick fuck

3156007be61ddcfe3ceb217974205dc4.gif
  • Like 2