The Preseason Polls are F'n Stupid, But Here We Are Thread

TrashMaster G

Russillo does a top 12 every week and had OU 3 and Texas 5. Then he talked with Todd McShay who thinks that OU outplayed us but that we're still the better team and likes us in a rematch. 

But yeah the season is over because... um... Charlie Strong lost a lot of games or some shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just get rid of the dumb coaches poll

AFCA Coaches Poll 10/15

RK
TEAM
REC PTS
TREND
GeorgiaUGA(58)
7-0 1590
-
MichiganMICH(4)
7-0 1516
-
Ohio StateOSU(1)
6-0 1429
-
Florida StateFSU
6-0 1390
-
5 6-0 1325
Penn StatePSU
6-0 1302
OklahomaOU(1)
6-0 1260
-
TexasTEX
5-1 1078

AlabamaALA
6-1 1078
North CarolinaUNC
6-0 1038
OregonORE
5-1 989
12 5-1 849
13 6-1 809
14 5-1 704
15 5-1 663
USCUSC
6-1 606
17 5-1 590
Notre DameND
6-2 572
LSULSU
5-2 482
MissouriMIZ
6-1 368
LouisvilleLOU
6-1 309
Air ForceAFA
6-0 196
NR
23 6-1 192
NR
24 5-1 112
NR
25 4-2 70

Others receiving votes: James Madison 67, Clemson 54, Florida 29, Fresno State 21, Washington State 20, Arizona 13, Wyoming 12, Miami 12, Oklahoma State 12, Maryland 11, Kentucky 9, Liberty 5, Kansas State 5, UNLV 4, Texas A&M 4, West Virginia 3, Kansas 1, Memphis 1

Dropped from rankings: Washington State 19, Kentucky 23, Kansas 24

5 minutes ago, troph said:

I don’t see that much to object to that won’t work itself out over time. We stand a solid shot at #5 needing the PAC or ACC champ to drop a game and we could be in if we run the table. 

Texas tied with Bama, USC two spots ahead of ND would be a couple major complaints I have. The coaches’ voting patterns are incredibly formulaic.

I’m surprised they didn’t go ahead and vault UNC in with the other undefeateds.  It’s a bit of an outlier as well. Especially with their next 3 being so winnable before they get Duke and Clemson.  Mack should have them 9-0 going into that Duke game at home, before going to Clemson.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Texas moves up 1 to #8 in the AP poll. OU and Pedo state down 1 to make for Washington at #5

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll

17. Tennessee

18. USC

19. LSU

should all three be swapped with 

20. Missouri

21. Louisville 

22. Air Force

Tennessee played an ugly game v aggy. And the HC gets a lot of jokes but he’s now beaten three of the 5 remaining MNC active coaches. Not bad. Missouri is better. Just a straight swap where Missouri is 17, Louisville is 18 (could make a case Tulane is better) and Air Force is 19. Maybe LSU higher than USC.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

17. Tennessee

18. USC

19. LSU

should all three be swapped with 

20. Missouri

21. Louisville 

22. Air Force

Tennessee played an ugly game v aggy. And the HC gets a lot of jokes but he’s now beaten three of the 5 remaining MNC active coaches. Not bad. Missouri is better. Just a straight swap where Missouri is 17, Louisville is 18 (could make a case Tulane is better) and Air Force is 19. Maybe LSU higher than USC.

Louisville just got drilled by previously 1-4 Pitt.  They are lucky to still be ranked.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

This may be the year SEC, ACC, PAC, and B1g all produce unbeaten champs.  Bx12 possible also, but if we sit at 12-1 we have to argue schedule against FSU.  Nah, won’t happen.

At about this time every year, this comment pops up. And every year, at least half of those teams get tagged with a loss and 1-loss teams make the Playoff. College football is college football.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, troph said:

I don’t see that much to object to that won’t work itself out over time. We stand a solid shot at #5 needing the PAC or ACC champ to drop a game and we could be in if we run the table. 

I like to imagine Washington, North Carolina, Big 10 team, and Alabama wins the SEC with Texas sitting right there. 

Then somehow Texas costing the SEC a spot in the playoffs the last year in before joining. 

And then Texas meets Mack Brown the Championship game. While I am daydreaming. 

Edited by hornbri
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

21 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I like to imagine Washington, North Carolina, Big 10 team, and Alabama wins the SEC with Texas sitting right there. 

Then somehow Texas costing the SEC a spot in the playoffs the last year in before joining. 

And then Texas meets Mack Brown the Championship game. While I am daydreaming. 

Mack will lose to his ACC OU (FSU)

• Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Ah yes, what was I thinking. Oregon is obviously a power house because they needed a fucking miracle to escape Texas Tech and have beaten 0 ranked teams this year. Fucking unbeatable. 

Ahhh yes the transitive properties of Math in college football. No way we’d lose to a team that struggled against SMU Cincinnati and faced absolute dogshit schedule. 

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Ahhh yes the transitive properties of Math in college football. No way we’d lose to a team that struggled against SMU Cincinnati and faced absolute dogshit schedule. 

Well let's see. Oregon is historically a paper tiger. They have beaten nobody of value this year. Meanwhile Texas has beaten #3 Alabama on the road at night and a ranked Kansas team with a last second loss to #5 OU. Advantage Texas. So like you said originally, no Oregon is not better than us right now. 

We would throttle Oregon lol

Ah yes, what was I thinking. Oregon is obviously a power house because they needed a fucking miracle to escape Texas Tech and have beaten 0 ranked teams this year. Fucking unbeatable. 

Well let's see. Oregon is historically a paper tiger. They have beaten nobody of value this year. Meanwhile Texas has beaten #3 Alabama on the road at night and a ranked Kansas team with a last second loss to #5 OU. Advantage Texas. So like you said originally, no Oregon is not better than us right now. 

This is homer dumbfuck nonsense. No one said Oregon is unbeatable. Oregon and Texas would likely be a very competitive game that either team could win.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Lol tied with a team we beat by 10 on the road at night. Makes sense

4 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Texas tied with Bama, USC two spots ahead of ND would be a couple major complaints I have. The coaches’ voting patterns are incredibly formulaic.

I didn’t see it showed us as tied with Bama. Whateves that’s dumb. I saw ND and USC don’t care both suck. Doesn’t matter as long as we win out and ACC or pac 12 champ is a 1 loss team we should be fine. 

Edited by troph

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Oregon hung with Washington the whole game and Washington appears to be very good. Stop being goober homers. 

Oregon would have won if Dan Lannng were not a complete idoit.

Edit: tjherefore Washington is overrated (see above)

Edited by cochamps
  • Hook 'Em 1

Lol yeah jimbo has a vote but aggy didn’t get a single vote. Meanwhile, james Madison is in the top 25 and Toledo is getting votes. 

someone should mention on texags that jimbo or whichever asid or ga filled the thing out wasn’t redassed enough to put their own team anywhere on the sheet.