Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

4 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

No other place to put it. For some reason we had more trick or treaters in the 14-17 range than little kids. My wife would watch them come up on the ring. “She’d say you’re too old to be out here! Does your mama know you’re out here?” “Uhh she thinks it’s cool.” One asked for extras for his girlfriend as she was too cold to get out of the car. If you’re old enough to drive or have a girlfriend stay the fuck home.

As candy was getting low I started putting Taco Bell hot sauce packs in their pillow cases. Fuck em.

Better watch out for burning paper sacks on your front entry porch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Leftover sloppy joe. Threw some American on top as as somewhat of a cheese blanket to try to keep the sloppy joe meet somewhat contained. Results were mixed. Topped with pickled red onions and jalapeños.

IMG_4587.jpgIMG_4588.jpgIMG_4590.jpg

Add a little mustard and that's some genius right there.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Leftover sloppy joe. Threw some American on top as as somewhat of a cheese blanket to try to keep the sloppy joe meet somewhat contained. Results were mixed. Topped with pickled red onions and jalapeños.

IMG_4587.jpgIMG_4588.jpgIMG_4590.jpg

Didn't wanna rep as I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't like Sloppy Joes, but the pickled japs and onions won me over. Good job, sir.

x post from Random thoughts thread

tl/dr stale baguettes are not a problem, they're an opportunity

1. Take the day old stale baguette and cut it in half between the top and bottom (like you're going to make a sub)
  2. Brush with olive oil and season with italian seasoning
  3. Bake on 400 for ~ 10 mins
  4. spoon on pasta sauce
  5. optional - shake on good quality pepper flakes (Flat iron pepper co FTMFW)
  6. "sprinkle" with mozarella
  7. top with sliced sautéed mushrooms & Peperoni
  8. Bake for another 10 mins with convection til cheese is melted and it looks fucking delicious

image.jpeg.36203c5b2086dfbd1414a8d4441e0b96.jpeg

image.jpeg.df98d5930a04b4326e73db3f5e970680.jpeg

image.jpeg.48db44e857ebf4ede2aed38665c2d3db.jpeg

fin

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, locodos said:

1. Take the day old stale baguette and cut it in half between the top and bottom (like you're going to make a sub)
  4. spoon on pasta sauce
  8. Bake for another 10 mins with convection til cheese is melted and it looks fucking delicious

fin

Looks like it would hurt.

9 minutes ago, tigol said:

Looks like it would hurt.

nope, if you put the sauce on a little think it softens the baguette up more than you think.  I'm not saying you won't lose any skin on the roof of your mouth, but if you do, you deserve it for eating it with an oven mit.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, locodos said:

4. spoon on pasta sauce

fin

It's too fancy for the shank thread,  but Sam the cooking guy has a garlic bread pizza recipe on his youtubes that fucking slams. I salute all incarnations of the garlic bread pizza.  

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Is there a mushroom shortage(cue you know who joke/nocr) I'm unaware of? 

Looks good, would slam. 

The blank spots were wher the pepperoni should have gone.  But, I sliced up the mushrooms, cleaned the knife and cutting board, opened the Tupperware holding the leftover pepperonis and they had gone bad.  So just cheese and mushroom.  I wasn't going to get them dirty for 2 more mushrooms, but your criticism is valid.

The baguette is from a local little french patisserie, great olive oil, good full fat low moisture had shredded mozzarella, and homemade sautéed mushrooms in garlic and herbs.   Flavor is not the problem.

PS if you have good pizza dough, its actually faster to make a full pizza and less fiddley.   But I'm not sure there's a better use for stale baguettes you didn't finish.

Edited by locodos
  • Like 1

Just now, pops said:

It's too fancy for the shank thread,  but Sam the cooking guy has a garlic bread pizza recipe on his youtubes that fucking slams. I salute all incarnations of the garlic bread pizza.  

?   It's got 6 items not counting the seasonings and one of those is department store sauce.

1 hour ago, locodos said:

?   It's got 6 items not counting the seasonings and one of those is department store sauce.

Not yours.... yours is perfect shank... the recipe I talked about is too fancy for this thread.  Keep on keeping on. 

One last dog and bun but no more olive relish.

But I do have more provolone and some shaved parm as well as some leftover H‑E‑B sauce and meat.

In the newest edition to the “I got that dog in me” shank series production directed and shot by deft: Italian dogs.

Yeah shoulda taken some pics before the sauce and cheese but that’s the last dog, and 4 air fried frozen mozzarella sticks.

fabafedb6f9ac9c61a12eb6c0c72829a.jpg
3210a3c4557df536e366baae0beca322.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2