Jonathon Brooks is a Bad Mother Fucker

immamac

Feel awful for Brooks. You hate to see that happen to anyone but especially someone who’s worked and played as hard as he has. If it’s as severe as feared this not only ends his but really fucks up his draft stock.

And yeah it’s a huge blow for Texas. He’s done quite a bit of making chicken salad out of chicken shit that Baxter and Blue haven’t really shown to be capable of. There were a few points last night where it felt like Sark got too conservative and refused to put the game in the hands of his five star QB and stable of five star pass catchers. I don’t know why you’re investing the resources to go out and get those guys if you’re just going to turtle as hard as possible and refuse to continue to utilize them with a lead. Perhaps this prompts a reevaluation from Sark.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Feel awful for Brooks. You hate to see that happen to anyone but especially someone who’s worked and played as hard as he has. If it’s as severe as feared this not only ends his but really fucks up his draft stock.

And yeah it’s a huge blow for Texas. He’s done quite a bit of making chicken salad out of chicken shit that Baxter and Blue haven’t really shown to be capable of. There were a few points last night where it felt like Sark got too conservative and refused to put the game in the hands of his five star QB and stable of five star pass catchers. I don’t know why you’re investing the resources to go out and get those guys if you’re just going to turtle as hard as possible and refuse to continue to utilize them with a lead. Perhaps this prompts a reevaluation from Sark.

Brooks was driving us to close out the game before getting hurt. I don't think the play calling was the problem. This team just plays very tight at the end of games. 

1) the twist at the end was not a football play. It was a move designed to injure a player disguised as a "football move'"

2) The very worst case scenario is Brooks needs surgery, and will come back to the team to rehab.  Sucks for him financially, but there still may be an NFL light at the end of the tunnel for a hard working kid.  

The most interesting thing about Brooks is that he was the second stringer to start this season.  But he took full advantage of the opportunity when Baxter got dinged up, and proved he deserved to carry the rock.  That is what a few good years of recruiting, and player development will do for you.  Next man up, now does not mean horrific drop off!

God's speed in your recovery JB.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, horn4life said:

1) the twist at the end was not a football play. It was a move designed to injure a player disguised as a "football move'"

2) The very worst case scenario is Brooks needs surgery, and will come back to the team to rehab.  Sucks for him financially, but there still may be an NFL light at the end of the tunnel for a hard working kid.  

The most interesting thing about Brooks is that he was the second stringer to start this season.  But he took full advantage of the opportunity when Baxter got dinged up, and proved he deserved to carry the rock.  That is what a few good years of recruiting, and player development will do for you.  Next man up, now does not mean horrific drop off!

Yeah it was dirty as fuck but we better get used to it. that kind of shit is normal in the SEC

8 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Objectively real time I think it was fine for a DB trying to stop a guy that had been shitting on you all game. Slow mo as a Texas fan though, arrest that man.

I had the opposite reaction. At full speed I thought it was a dirty play, however on replay and slow motion I thought it was clean.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Hopefully we’ll get the “inside scoop” on Brooks prior to Monday’s PC. I know tonight is too early, but at least he was hobbling/assisted off the field and not in a cart. Unless he’s >80%, I’d sit him for ISU. Baxter and Blue can be the running game next week.

Hook’em!!!

Gerry said Brooks was on crutches after the game last night, not in a boot, so definitely knee not ankle, but we probably all knew that.

This shit deal with Brooks really put a damper on the win...even moreso than yet another solid choke attempt.

The guy has been a total stud and hated to see him get hurt like that. Fuck.

Gonna need CJ to step up big time.

He can start by stepping THROUGH a motherfucking tackle!

And I’ll assume it was a dirty play. Recall these cocksuckers cheapshotted their way through all of last season. It’s ingrained in them.
  • Like 1

You can definitely walk after an ACL tear, probably even better than he was walking. The difficulty extending his knee makes me think meniscus, but we'll see.

Hopefully it isn't severe, but he should take it easy to protect his first NFL contract.

Edited by Atticus

26 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Bobby Burton said Keilan did not play vs tcu

Doghouse?? Weren't supposed to be any injuries pre-game. Would have liked to see a pitch out, sweep to change things up with Kelian. He may not be an every down back, but he can do some good things as a change of pace. It was obvious Baxter up the middle wasn't going to keep the chains moving.

10 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Doghouse?? Weren't supposed to be any injuries pre-game. Would have liked to see a pitch out, sweep to change things up with Kelian. He may not be an every down back, but he can do some good things as a change of pace. It was obvious Baxter up the middle wasn't going to keep the chains moving.

28 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I looked for Keilan on the sideline and didnt see him.  

He tweeted last week about not being used and not being happy then deleted it I think.  He has hardly been used all year.  

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Brooks was driving us to close out the game before getting hurt. I don't think the play calling was the problem. This team just plays very tight at the end of games. 

Did you watch the second half?  It was called terribly. @Deej’s post the prior page is exactly correct: the tightness of the game and the fact that Brooks even played in the 4th quarter is 100% on Sark. And I’m a big Sark supporter. 

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

I wouldn’t call it horrific but there’s a considerable drop off from JB to CJ. We will likely be highly frustrated with the latter

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

He tweeted last week about not being used and not being happy then deleted it I think.  He has hardly been used all year.  

Does he not have a legitimate beef? For the season, Baxter 4.5 ypc, Robinson 7 ypc. I know Robinson doesn't have carries to be statistically valid, but certainly it shows he deserves more opportunities. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, chemHORN said:

Sark is coaching his team out of playoff contention with the log jam of 1 loss teams.  He is trying to give the committee a reason to jump Alabama over us

He gave it to them in spades (not PC) last night. 

10 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Another fucking ugly win. But as I've said many times, win every game ugly and you are national champions. 

Unfortunately, I don't think we are going to get a chance. No one considers Texas the best 1 loss team, even though we should be.

10 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Sark is great at getting the assistants and the talents, but he absolutely is not the coach that can take us to the next level. He’s unbelievably bad at putting away games. 

10 hours ago, Whitewater Horn said:

Conference championship and a bowl win is a realistic goal, but Texas is not a CFP team this year 

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

There were a few points last night where it felt like Sark got too conservative and refused to put the game in the hands of his five star QB and stable of five star pass catchers. I don’t know why you’re investing the resources to go out and get those guys if you’re just going to turtle as hard as possible and refuse to continue to utilize them with a lead. Perhaps this prompts a reevaluation from Sark.

All good points.

"There were a few points last night' ... you mean mean the entire 4th quarter (except for AD's catch). 9 straight runs to start the 4th quarter; ended in a FG when we need a TD. 

Sark punches all the right buttons, but he screwed the pooch last night.

All Gas. No brakes?

My Ass.

The 2nd half was the most disappointing display of Sark's football IQ I have seen to date. 3 damn points. Much worse than Herman's turtling.  I expected it from Tom, not Sark. 

1. Losing Brooks, and our coaching: Our probability of going to the playoffs fell off a cliff last night. Even if we make it, we will get out coached by whoever we would play.  We have the best team, and it's not going to matter.

2. Brooks & Baxter should have been done by then, and getting towards the end of Blue's turn by that point in the game. 

3. I get wanting to play smash mouth football and force your will, but we don't have an offensive philosophy and OL that plays consistently well enough to do that.  Running the Red-cat on 4th down with QE spread wide as a decoy was so f*cking stupid for so many reasons.  QE coming off a tough injury for a QB, spread wide as a WR, is a serious threat? Really, to who? Damn arrogant of Sark to shout we can beat your 11 with our 10. Well, 9 1/2 anyway. 

4.  Of all places to run, right behind Hayden Conner? Weathervane Conner. The turn your back and let the defender run right past you and stuff the play Conner. The I'm not as smart as I thought I was Aerospace Engineer to Geography major Conner (No offense to Geography majors or anyone else who didn't like 808A).  The perfect compliment to Bryce Foster Conner.   Texas would be much better off with Campbell just mashing whoever is in front of him, the occasional yips be damned. Sorry.

5. Did AD give up on a downfield pass play? Would you blame him? 1 catch in the 1st half. AD saved our ass last night. 3rd time this year that play has been money. Why don't we throw it 3 times a game? Some rule I don't know about that says you can only do it once a game ? If AD had 10 targets a game, he would have a 1,500 yard year.  

6. I think JWhitt had 1 target (thrown well behind him(, no receptions.  Hustled his ass off, as always, to cause a fumble on the pic. He should get a slant look after every Brooks 9 yard run. 

7. The only pass to Cook was that abortion of a WR (Worthy) screen. . Worthy was going to attract everyone on the field to that play, and he did.  Minus 3 yards on 3rd and 1; I had Greg Davis nightmares all night!

8. CFB Playoffs; The further we get, the more the Alabama game looks line an anomaly. My brain would not allow me to vote Texas over a 1 loss Alabama or Oregon. Yes, Alabama was a big game, but the constant late 4th quarter wins against teams we should have beat by 3 or 4 touchdowns waters down our single good win.

9. All Gas, No Brakes? Great line. Unfortunately, that's all it is.  Texas has the best collection of playmakers in college football, and they spent the second half idling. What a waste.

10. Sark's continued lack of awareness of how Texas is viewed by the B12, and others, is most unsettling. Starting with trying to hire a Stoops, and having no clue what Fayetteville would be like. But, that was 3 years ago. He does not appreciate how bad teams want to beat Texas, and why it is so important to crush their spirit early and not let them hang around all night. The B12 ref f*ckery. Sark, not the team, deserved to lose last night. Texas got all the close calls, or no calls, towards the end last night.  

10. Recruiting: Texas has a great group of players, team chemistry, guys bought into the All Gas, No Brakes mantra. Great place to be, and an easy thing to sell.  Until last night. AGNB? Not even close.  That was butt ugly.

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Umm ... The play calling was everything. Intentionally crippling a balanced offense that was working was, pick a word, ...

This is by far Sark's biggest FU. Losing Brooks. 100% on Sark. No way Brooks should have been the bell cow this late in the game.  When you abandon the FORWARD pass to start the 2nd half... surprise, surprise, Gomer, ...things tighten up. 

1 hour ago, FtheBig12 said:

Yeah it was dirty as fuck but we better get used to it. that kind of shit is normal in the SEC

That shit is normal for damn near every team we play. Not Rice nor the rent-a-win games, but all our conference foes. The tackle was clean; bear hugging the knee when he was already down as the they rolled on the ground was dirty as fuck.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, hookemATL said:

I choose to believe the man is invincible and will be back to contribute soon. 

Granted im a schizophrenic, manic depressive meth addict with Tourette’s syndrome, but im feeling really optimistic on this one. 

CUNT SHIT PISS ON MY SHIT

Scared Netflix GIF by Blown Away

6 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

fuck.gif.3d74fc37f13882603afd091ec6e7b47f.gif

Gotdammit. This team has had a shit ton of injuries this year. This is the worst. 

11 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Umm ... The play calling was everything. Intentionally crippling a balanced offense that was working was, pick a word, ...

This is by far Sark's biggest FU. Losing Brooks. 100% on Sark. No way Brooks should have been the bell cow this late in the game.  When you abandon the FORWARD pass to start the 2nd half... surprise, surprise, Gomer, ...things tighten up. 

Most your post was nonsense. But this portion is just objectively wrong. 

We came out balanced at half. 3 of the first 6 plays were passes. Our second drive of the half went pass (20 yards to get us out of the goal line), pass, pass, pass, run, pass. 

The third drive was our best drive of the half and was a result of us sticking to the run while it was working. We had 9 runs for 44 yards and then the FG the ended up being the difference. If Brooks doesn't go out, I'm confident we keep moving the ball that drive. 

Quinn clearly got dinged in the second half and so we went away from the pass the last 3 drives. The primary problem was the defense giving away yards and points like candy on Halloween. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This was supposed to be his NFL audition year so I get it, but he simply isn't a between the tackles type of RB so his touches will be limited. I think with JB's season likely done he will get his chance to show out...let's all hope he does just that.

Losing Brooks for the rest of the season is heartbreaking.  Obviously crushed for him and how well he has played this season and upped his draft stock but now facing an off-season of rehab instead of combines.

But also for his team.  Brooks has been the mvp of this team.  He is in a different league than Baxter and Blue.  His production just cant be adequately replaced.  This is going to hurt.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I hate it here

Who knows who is “behind the scenes”. Only a decent sports med doc or ortho that examined him can make this guess unless his knee is as loose as a u joint that is about to give out. Anwar can piss off with his click bait.