Seven Win Steve Rides Again!

closetojumping

6 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Yes, I know I posted this in another thread, I don't give a shit, it belongs here too.

Sark shitting on Campbell during his post game presser

Is it shitting on Matt Campbell or Breece Hall? Not sure if Campbell ever took ownership of that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Serious question (after a few more beers of course).  What coaches would you actually want to replace Sark with if you had the choice?  was pondering this and there really aren’t many that I can think of.  He’s not perfect, but he’s not “spend $77 million to fire” bad at all.

1 hour ago, Hmbre97 said:

Yes, I know I posted this in another thread, I don't give a shit, it belongs here too.

Sark shitting on Campbell during his post game presser

That's my coach.

3 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Serious question (after a few more beers of course).  What coaches would you actually want to replace Sark with if you had the choice?  was pondering this and there really aren’t many that I can think of.  He’s not perfect, but he’s not “spend $77 million to fire” bad at all.

None right now.

Just win, baby.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 hours ago, Rholl said:

9 win steve drags his taint across the nose of the 7 win steve fucks….. smell the shit you fucks!!!!!!

Don’t short the man.

he got to 10 wins so far. I was not a believer, but he’s managed it. Well done, Coach.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

Was this Sark’s best called game at Texas outside of Alabama?

Agreed. At the time I was WTF on that behind the line throw to Baxter that lost 3 yards…but replay showed it was a well designed play and Helm just totally whiffed on the block. Overall great balance, and of course, well executed

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Hello 10 wins, my old friend. I’ve come to talk to you again. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Feels damn good 

It has been a long time since I've felt this good about the trajectory of the program.  My daughter was in the womb during the 2010 Rose Bowl.  They've never seen Texas do anything but tantalize and then disappoint.   

Thank you Sark, thank you to all of those that did the hard work to build the infrastructure for NIL (please put in your Texas one contribution), thank you to all my fellow alumni who have suffered with me and thanks to this team, which while with it's flaws, has a lot of dog to them.  Those that needed to got in the motherfucka.  Those that are left will be big 12 champs for the last time.  

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Agreed. At the time I was WTF on that behind the line throw to Baxter that lost 3 yards…but replay showed it was a well designed play and Helm just totally whiffed on the block. Overall great balance, and of course, well executed

Never going to be perfect. There will always be a couple bad calls. Oddly the opening script was terrible. Once Sark went through that, he was great 

I mean no one has been on the outright fire Sark train. Even the most adamant “this guy ain’t it” believers such as myself plainly stated they expected him to last several seasons. Frankly Texas ended up with him because there wasn’t an obvious home run candidate.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Never going to be perfect. There will always be a couple bad calls. Oddly the opening script was terrible. Once Sark went through that, he was great 

I think it was so good because it was balanced and attacked different levels, not just deep shots forced. He needs to keep that mentality moving forward.

9 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

That person is the absolute king of negativity on the football board. Putting him on ignore a couple people of weeks or so back makes this forum easier to read. What an absolutely miserable way to go through life always looking for any reason to spew out some hate about a coach where it has clearly become personal to that poster to say the things it does.

Meh haters, will never enjoy the season as much as smart people do. Exhibit A is 2005.

It is like hedge betting against your team, yeah they won, but you are down 1k.

X-win Exteban, though I'm hoping for 13-win Ptheven.  Should we somehow manage 14 (or 15 in future seasons), we'll have to get creative.

From the Debby Downer contingent, while CTJ missed on the number of expected losses as well as the opponents that would be producing them, his prediction that we would lose to at least one of the listed is still in play.  Let's hope this isn't a "spike the ball before crossing the goal line" situation.

• Hook 'Em 6

Sark impressed me with his play calling more than ever last night.

-The short yardage pass to Whittington was a great play call for an OC who has rammed it into a 9 man box on short yardage all year long.

-The play action pass to Helm was totally unexpected. Sark used that two tight end motion about 30 times against TCU and I think every time it was a run. Iowa State didn't see it coming.

-Ewers had so many wide open targets all night. 

-The run game without Brooks looked as good as ever.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Was this Sark’s best called game at Texas outside of Alabama?

Seems like it.  Quinn makes a difference in how the game 'looks' even throwing with a still-not-100% wing.  Yelling at the playsheet against the roaches may have helped, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

between this, making the DTs captains, punking that loudmouth for the PAT block/score, holding Iowa State to 9 yards total rushing and beating them in their house, Sark really dragged his nuts all over Iowa State's face.

Now we gotta do the same or worse to Tceh.

• Hook 'Em 7

On 10/9/2023 at 12:11 PM, joeycovers said:

Texas lost as a 4 point Favorite on a neutral field against its biggest rival. 

They will be heavily favored the rest of the year and lose 1 at the absolute most and that’s because it’s CFB and strange things happen. 

Keep that receipt and let’s compare notes at the end of the year. 

I kept that receipt like you asked. Ill accept your apology anytime @closetojumping Thanks for playing. 

22 hours ago, Rimbo said:

between this, making the DTs captains, punking that loudmouth for the PAT block/score, holding Iowa State to 9 yards total rushing and beating them in their house, Sark really dragged his nuts all over Iowa State's face.

Now we gotta do the same or worse to Tceh.

thank fucking goodness Yormark gave the team months worth of locker room material to work with. If Sark was that pissed over what Hufford said, I'd imagine Yormark has the team furious.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

He said the regular season would end with one more loss at the most. There is one more game left in the regular season. His prediction came true.

Guess I need to pay closer attention.

Still, if it was me, I'd hold off on this sort of thing until after Friday. I'm a superstitious sort when it comes to sports sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Guess I need to pay closer attention.

Still, if it was me, I'd hold off on this sort of thing until after Friday. I'm a superstitious sort when it comes to sports sometimes.

I think it's ok to be a bit humble and admit that you aren't invincible. If the guy was claiming we wouldn't lose a game going forward and was asking for 'adulations a week before, then that'd get the superstitious part of me worried. But as is, he technically called this moment, so he can gloat IMO. Nothing we do will actually affect the game, and I doubt the team needs any reminder or motivation to beat tech and shove it in yormark's face.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed

32 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

You probably can.

you cannot, however find a 11-1 (so far season).

Sarkisian has outcoached every Texas coach since 2009 Mack Brown. He’s proved me and a lot of other doubters wrong. I’ve never been so happy to be wrong. Well done, Coach Sark!

Nah bro. Get in the fan portal. Heard aggy is looking for fans. 

• Haha 4