Game Week 10: Texas at TCU

Wulaw Horn

The Troy Omeire theory is a lot more believable than the Jared Wiley theory. 

What's more likely: 1)The starting TE for TCU spends the week with their defensive staff going over all the signs he remembers/knows from a year ago that may or may not be used in this game or 2) disgruntled player on our current team calls up his boy Carrington and says hey here is the gameplan

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, CTC2 said:

So Patterson was going to give our signals to the staff that replaced him?  No way. Risk his entire reputation to validate that it was an improvement for them to fire him and hire Dykes?  Whoever believes that probably is on some drugs I’d definitely like to try. 

The far more likely scenario is that Jared Wiley gave them our signals, which I believe to be the case. 

On 11/7/2023 at 10:43 AM, gmr548 said:

Yeah, honestly, that could arguably simplify things for the better. I have no insight into the thought process for Ewers or his camp, but on the field it’s clear he could use another year in college. Maybe Murphy departing allows Ewers to come back without running Manning off, who knows he is the clear cut, not even going to have a real competition heir apparent if he sits for another year. Then he can start a couple years himself.

Or maybe that’s fanfic. But I wouldn’t be losing sleep over a Murphy transfer at this point regardless.

Frankly if you are the Manning camp, I think you prefer Ewers to be the QB in the 1st year of SEC with the potential losses of Worthy, Mitchell, Sanders, Whittington, and Brooks from the skill rooms.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

So expect the toads to blitz and run DL stunts/twists early Saturday to get 1st quarter hits on Ewers.  Sark has to protect against this.

If Texas has to run on 3rd and long early in this game Saturday, that's still better than Ewers getting hit.  Gonna be interesting to see if Sark knows how to protect Ewers this week.  

Early screen game. Profit.

31 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Frankly if you are the Manning camp, I think you prefer Ewers to be the QB in the 1st year of SEC with the potential losses of Worthy, Mitchell, Sanders, Whittington, and Brooks from the skill rooms.

Nah. Sarkisian was able to scheme us up to 35 points a game in 2021 with Casey moonball Thompson and a bunch of JAGs at WR and TE outside of Worthy and a shaky OL. Johntay Cook would have caught 40 passes on that team.

Yes we are losing quite a bit of talent, but if that scares the Manning camp then they must not have a lot of faith in our playcaller.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lol if any superstar recruit thought this way, I'd like to suggest they quit football and go be a synchronized swimmer or something.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Any recommendations in austin for a good sports bar /brew pub to watch the TCU game? I can't keep up with all the new shit going up, but I have some friends in town interested in catching the game over a beer. 

Many thanks,

C. Nuggets

I always liked watching a game, having a burger, and getting beers at The Tavern.

But I’m an old now so idk what’s hip anymore.🤷🏼‍♂️ 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/xPsqGwgW4yVKmCMa8?g_st=ic

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nah. Sarkisian was able to scheme us up to 35 points a game in 2021 with Casey moonball Thompson and a bunch of JAGs at WR and TE outside of Worthy and a shaky OL. Johntay Cook would have caught 40 passes on that team.

Yes we are losing quite a bit of talent, but if that scares the Manning camp then they must not have a lot of faith in our playcaller.

i think the real operational capability of horn NIL has yet to be deployed - the analogy is you only see the seals and stealthcopters when they go to get bin laden or try to rescue hostages in tehran - i.e. once every 30 years - and if an operational cash deathstar is needed to keep a title-shot squad together i think our cigars will do it every so often

5 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d7fb13b1f2be211a5da1e78ee4b6b01c.jpeg

For intramural flag football we had three plays.  Three simple plays that we could run right or left.  No matter how we lined up there were only three fucking plays. 

No huddle, qb would call the play announcing 3 digits.  “623” or “461” or some bs number like that.  The first digit told us whether we were going right or left.  If it was an odd number we go right, even number run play to the left (or vice versa).  Second digit was meaningless.  Might as well have said “Omaha.”  Third digit was the play.  1, 2 or 3.

We lit some bitches up with that simple system.  I bet if you had asked those teams how many plays we ran they would have said 30 different plays.

If someone is stealing your signals and you can’t wire around it your shit is too complicated or your players too stupid.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Rip76 said:

Need to line up like this once tomorrow.

IMG_3326.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Always be grateful to Harsin’s weird ass for that play call. 

Another vague memory what was going on there - I mean I see the wishbone formation. 

1 hour ago, CoTex said:

For intramural flag football we had three plays.  Three simple plays that we could run right or left.  No matter how we lined up there were only three fucking plays. 

No huddle, qb would call the play announcing 3 digits.  “623” or “461” or some bs number like that.  The first digit told us whether we were going right or left.  If it was an odd number we go right, even number run play to the left (or vice versa).  Second digit was meaningless.  Might as well have said “Omaha.”  Third digit was the play.  1, 2 or 3.

We lit some bitches up with that simple system.  I bet if you had asked those teams how many plays we ran they would have said 30 different plays.

If someone is stealing your signals and you can’t wire around it your shit is too complicated or your players too stupid.

rob gronkowski GIF

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, troph said:

Another vague memory what was going on there - I mean I see the wishbone formation. 

honored DKR who passed away that week. Ironically, DKR wasn't too keen on passing... and Harsin turned that wishbone into a pass play. lol .

Edited by ChickenNuggets
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1