Florida State can fuck off

BigOrange1

4 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Yeah, the Pac was a deep league this year. Oregonx2, OSU, Arizona, Utah, and USC are all quality opponents.

Yeah true those teams toppled the mighty Baylor, Texas Tech, and Colorado. Even took the mighty Mississippi State Bulldogs to OT!

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think I finally got the stink of watching that FSU/Louisville game off me 5 days later.

I'm still not over it.  Worst football game I've ever seen.  Ever.  I still can't square what that Louisville QB was doing.  The most likely explanation to me is that he was paid off by the ACC to let FSU win.  It was that bad.

• Hook 'Em 9

31 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Yeah, the Pac was a deep league this year. Oregonx2, OSU, Arizona, Utah, and USC are all quality opponents.

sure  good teams.   there are no great teams on that list.  Texas didnt even play any good-great teams this year.  they played 3-4 good teams.   

in fact its not a big leap to say there are no great teams this year.  there is noone really dominating any schedule this year

7 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

sure  good teams.   there are no great teams on that list.  Texas didnt even play any good-great teams this year.  they played 3-4 good teams.   

in fact its not a big leap to say there are no great teams this year.  there is noone really dominating any schedule this year

Any win over a top 10 team is a great win in my book. I'm not trying to say they beat a greatest of all time contender or something. Washington's schedule is full of ranked teams and non-ranked teams with winning records. The only teams Michigan played in their first 9 games that finished over .500 are UNLV and Bowling Green. So as shitty as their non-conference was, it would have been stronger than their conference schedule if not for Ohio State and Penn State.

The NCAA should step in and tell FSU that they can be the #4 seed in this year's playoff if they give back their 1993 title, when they were in the championship game at 10-1, while 11-0 WVU and 11-0 Auburn didn't get in. 

Don't worry, Bama -- FSU Fan will very quickly wake up to the reality that Michigan will give them a nationally televised embarrassment, and they'll end up with one fewer national title.

I've gone from feeling a lot of sympathy for FSU fans to wishing they'd go sit down.  I look forward to Georgia shutting them up.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Texas over Alabama and Washington over Oregon are great wins. Michigan over Ohio State is also a great win. Alabama over Georgia is a great win. How is any of that controversial?

I mean, they are decent wins. Texas over USC in the Rose Bowl is a great win.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The NCAA should step in and tell FSU that they can be the #4 seed in this year's playoff if they give back their 1993 title, when they were in the championship game at 10-1, while 11-0 WVU and 11-0 Auburn didn't get in. 

Don't worry, Bama -- FSU Fan will very quickly wake up to the reality that Michigan will give them a nationally televised embarrassment, and they'll end up with one fewer national title.

I've gone from feeling a lot of sympathy for FSU fans to wishing they'd go sit down.  I look forward to Georgia shutting them up.

I mean, as an Alabama fan I 100% support this.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm still not over it.  Worst football game I've ever seen.  Ever.  I still can't square what that Louisville QB was doing.  The most likely explanation to me is that he was paid off by the ACC to let FSU win.  It was that bad.

Agreed. Couple the QB play with the insane amount of drops from their go to WR and the RB deliberately running out of bounds before the 1st down line and no one within 7 yards of him. The whole thing stunk of being paid to lay down.

Too bad for FSU, they were equally as bad and needed to hold on for dear life to win.

Committee made the right call to get the 4 best teams in. FSU was not one of those at the end.

2 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Texas over Alabama and Washington over Oregon are great wins. Michigan over Ohio State is also a great win. Alabama over Georgia is a great win. How is any of that controversial?

It's controversial because you're assuming Oregon and Ohio State are great.

Until I see proof otherwise, I'm pretty sure Oregon is only a slightly above average team.  That means Washington over Oregon is a good win, but not necessarily a great one (two, really).

Ohio State, I can't tell if they are good. They struggled to beat Notre Dame but were able to make Michigan look mortal (which might mean that Michigan isn't all that good either). I'll give Ohio State the benefit of the doubt because it's a blue blood program with recent national championships that recruits well and therefore probably has the talent to be great.  Michigan over Ohio State is a good, possibly great win but possibly not great.

Alabama won the SEC. It's a great team until proven otherwise. There's question marks of course as there have been a few conference wins (and USF) where they did not meet the high standards set by the program's past successes under Saban. But they won the SEC and had to beat Georgia to do that. That's undeniably a great win.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, sidis said:

Your conference slate was dogshit. Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri and Ole Miss. there’s two good teams in that group and a whole lot of garbage. And Florida State pounded LSU in non conf while you guys were doing chcikenshit stuff like Ball State, UT Martin, and UAB for fuck’s sake. Pathetic. 

the first team out absolutely should have been Georgia with an assist from Michigan for being such a bunch of fucking bitch made pussies in the OOC scheduling. I can’t stand that Michigan is getting rewarded for their weak shit. 

Tenn, Mizzou and Ole Miss are each ranked and we played them consecutively, then we played Tech. Then the seccg. That was the hardest stretch anyone played all year.

We would be favored over any team in America on Dec 30. 

12 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

Tenn, Mizzou and Ole Miss are each ranked and we played them consecutively, then we played Tech. Then the seccg. That was the hardest stretch anyone played all year.

Yeah, you and Alabama really don't belong in this CFP, but you both would (and in Alabama's case, do) have a really good chance to win it. Also, you have looked sort of pedestrian all year against a mostly soft schedule and I doubt you would be favored over Alabama after they just beat you on a neutral field.

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I had no ideal what there coaches were thinking running a very basic offense, no motion, change of direction, stacking the receivers, or anything like that.. Very boring to watch, it looked like even their QB was bored with it and needed a nap.

People refuse to acknowledge that many conference championship games are a playoff game simply because there’s no bracket and it’s not referred to as such. Georgia and Oregon lost on neutral fields for the right to go. Effectively Michigan-OSU was that the week before.

Texas-OSU and FSU-UL could have served as elimination games.

I assume we’ll have conference championships much like this year next year. That’s pretty dumb to have those matchups then within the next month those teams possibly meet again.

As for Georgia being favored, maybe they would be. But I certainly like Texas chances. I’m sure others feel the same.

Yeah, no one wants to hear Georgia play the world's smallest violin. They made their out of conference schedule with the inherent knowledge that winning the SEC with anything less than 2 losses gets them in, no questions asked, so why take the risk. They essentially created their own one game season and lost. Sorry, not sorry.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Liberty dominated their schedule. Which was ranked last. Would be outstanding if they manage to beat Tosu in the Fiesta Bowl. And while I am here, I would like to send a hardy Fuck You to SMU just because. I hope the ACC implodes right as you enter.

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, no one wants to hear Georgia play the world's smallest violin. They made their out of conference schedule with the inherent knowledge that winning the SEC with anything less than 2 losses gets them in, no questions asked, so why take the risk. They essentially created their own one game season and lost. Sorry, not sorry.

Is uga acting butt hurt?   I wouldn't say they're happy, but they aren't pouting little seminole bitches either. (This is about the nicest thing I can say about uga, and it makes me feel dirty...oh so dirty)

Edited by locodos
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39099729/florida-ag-investigating-cfp-florida-state-exclusion

Florida AG investigating CFP over Florida State's exclusion…

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody announced Tuesday that she is launching an investigation into the College Football Playoff selection committee over the decision to leave Florida Stateout of the top four.

Moody said the state's antitrust division is sending a civil investigative demand to the committee for "more information about the nature of possible contracts, conspiracies in restraint of trade or monopolization of trade and commerce relating to anticompetitive effects of the College Football Playoff."

"I'm a lifelong Gator, but I'm also the Florida attorney general, and I know injustice when I see it," Moody said in a video announcement in front of Doak Campbell Stadium, Florida State's home field. "No rational person or college football fan can look at this situation and not question the result. The NCAA, conferences and the College Football Playoff committee are subject to antitrust laws.

"My office is launching an investigation to examine if the committee was involved in any anticompetitive conduct. As it stands, the committee's decision reeks of partiality, so we are demanding answers -- not only for FSU, but for all schools, teams and fans of college football. In Florida, merit matters. If it's attention they were looking for, the committee certainly has our attention now."

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I hope that they subpoena all the texts, correspondence, meeting minutes, whatever, and it comes out they decided against FSU because the committee is sick of hearing that goddamn war chant over and over and over during their games.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

This is a good use of taxpayer's money. But maybe if he can somehow right this terrible injustice, he can force a 12-team playoff next year which will make it all worth the effort and they can make a movie about it. 

Um Rick the playoff is over. There is no future playoff. Florida State will be fine forever more (and can still win it this season).

And there is transparency. They have an arbitrary set of guidelines they promised to use arbitrarily. It makes exactly the same amount of sense it ever has made.

Politicians. So worthless.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/8/2023 at 9:06 AM, aggie08 said:

Yeah, no one wants to hear Georgia play the world's smallest violin. They made their out of conference schedule with the inherent knowledge that winning the SEC with anything less than 2 losses gets them in, no questions asked, so why take the risk.

They made their schedule with OU on it instead of Ball State…

Agreed I really don't get it. FSU didn't get left out because they play in the ACC, they got left out because their Heisman candidate level QB couldn't play and their backups looked bad.

If they want to leave, man up and pay your way out, don't lawyer up as if the conference hasn't been previously great to you for decades.

11 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Agreed I really don't get it. FSU didn't get left out because they play in the ACC, they got left out because their Heisman candidate level QB couldn't play and their backups looked bad.

If they want to leave, man up and pay your way out, don't lawyer up as if the conference hasn't been previously great to you for decades.

They were getting left out even if he was 100% healthy.