2023 Orange Bowl - Florida State vs. Georgia

satyanash

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The fact that he’s 50, living vicariously through those who are 30 years younger than he is and still tripling down is an awesome hill to die on

He’s gonna get grieved for this on every tweet for the rest of his life

I listen to Cover 3 because other than him it’s pretty informative. Like three days ago he picked FSU to cover and then threw on a moneyline “sprinkle” bet on them too. Hilarious. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

No, they need to eliminate half the bowls and the remaining ones should actually pay the players some type of stipend as an incentive to play. Not some damn apple EarPods and gift cards, lol. The higher profile the bowl, the higher pay. Get the sponsors on board.

I said the same thing earlier. 100% agree. They have to pay the players.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Starting next year, you’ll start to see a few bowls fall by the wasteside. All of the NY6 will be under the CFP halo. After that the Mayo, Texas, Alamo, Tony the Tiger Sun and Music City Bowls will be the clear elite tier below and they’ll survive. The others will be on life support until the plug is pulled by ESPN.

Is wasteside worse than wayside?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, MrX said:

I listen to Cover 3 because other than him it’s pretty informative. Like three days ago he picked FSU to cover and then threw on a moneyline “sprinkle” bet on them too. Hilarious. 

Heard that and laughed. At least Bud Elliott on Cover 3 tries to stay neutral. Every so often he’ll get in a jab because of what happened to FSU but for the most part, he’s been pretty professional about it compared to Kanell. 

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Had on, sound down, got busy with some real life shit. 

Turns out the real life shit was fun relatively speaking.

A colonoscopy would have been more fun that watching that game.

Some of these Bowel games are terrible.

My only hope is that the expanded playoffs means better players playing and  by the 1st round of CFP being on campus that the college atmosphere pumps in some much needed juice to these sterile affairs.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Miss the game today?

I’m talking about how I would have treated the last month. Instead they were little bitches and lost by 60. I already stated they were gonna lose.  They only made it worse. Instead of playing for a self (righteously) claimed title, they complained, opted out, wrote their lawyer letter and sucked off 22 Georgia players on national TV. They actually had a chance. And they fucked up what coulda been a better game. I’m running out of CFB I’m pissed they were hoes about it. Fuck em. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They had no say in the matter. 

They had a say. They could have performed better against UF, and UL for starters. But they didn't.

They could have went all in on UGA, but they didn't.

Those are the choices they made, but they didn't make so much as the sound of a popcorn fart. They may have still lost (and would have), but we'll never know because they quit. That's all on them, and people in hell want ice water too.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m talking about how I would have treated the last month. Instead they were little bitches and lost by 60. I already stated they were gonna lose.  They only made it worse. Instead of playing for a self (righteously) claimed title, they complained, opted out, wrote their lawyer letter and sucked off 22 Georgia players on national TV. They actually had a chance. And they fucked up what coulda been a better game. I’m running out of CFB I’m pissed they were hoes about it. Fuck em. 

It was actually much higher than 22, once the 2nd/3rd string came in and kept going.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

ConVINCED is a smart fella but the football board loses all ability to deal with nuance from time to time. It is what it is. 

I get your point, but the entire world recognized they were a completely different team without their QB, and they proved it without a doubt today.  If either of their backups showed something resembling competence in their last two games they would have gotten in.  There had to be a compelling reason to leave them out and they provided that reason.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I get your point, but the entire world recognized they were a completely different team without their QB, and they proved it without a doubt today.  If either of their backups showed something resembling competence in their last two games they would have gotten in.  There had to be a compelling reason to leave them out and they provided that reason.  

They belonged out. The entire university and the coaching staff still shit the bed on this. Fuck em. 

Just now, pch said:

2024 is going to be fun- OU on Oct. 12th, Georgia on Oct. 19th.  Oh, and Michigan away in September too.  Strength of schedule might be ok for Texas.

Thank god for a 12 team playoff next year Jesus.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

It was actually much higher than 22, once the 2nd/3rd string came in and kept going.

Much higher once Georgia started letting random people in the stands come on to the field and play a few downs.   I thought it was tacky, but Georgia gonna Georgia.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Doesn’t matter how much you pay the players the nfl future stars aren’t playing in a game that do not matter. Going to 12 teams helps next year eliminate a lot of these games being star less.

I grew up watching bowl games and I will always love the bowl season.   Holidays, family drama, booze, and lots of food.  And lots of football.  New Year’s Day was the day every team with any stake in a MNC had their chance to show out,  questions and controversy abound.

Things change and the old bowl system is now defunct, we can keep the major ones as tie ins to the 11 meaningful game playoffs, but the rest don’t have much of a future.   I will miss the old bowl system as flawed as it was, but I sure as shit won’t miss a growing number of games like tonight.   Playoffs will give us more, better football to end the season so here to change.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

FSU had the chance to be seen in a positive light by being very disappointed in CFP committee but sucking it up and trying their best to compete vs. UGA. Instead Norvell and the university decided to play the political card. Fuck'em. 

It wouldn’t have mattered. At least this way they have an excuse. Had they played at full strength I think they lose by 3-5 TDs instead of 8-9
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

He’s not missing it, he’s ignoring it as a bad take. There is a difference. 

What’s bad about saying the school fucked the whole thing up? I’m sorry, Texas is 13-0 and snubbed I for damn sure hope the university, coaches and players go out and win. If a one loss team wins the playoffs and Texas is 14-0, I’ll print the fucking tshirts and make the trophy myself. Have you seen how many BS titles Bama claims? 

now FSU is dogshit but they still were an embarrassment to their university for how they handled it across the board.  A fucking lawyer letter that’s the best effort they gave. 

• Hook 'Em 1